Shooting At My School

Alright so this is absolutely crazy, there is a shooting at my school Northern Illinois University. The building it took place at is right next to where I was just in class. We had a possible threat last semester right before finals so people are thinking this is related. Luckily noone I know is hurt.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man we lived in one screwed up country. Virginia Tech last year and now this? How bad is it?Sorry to hear about it, man. I would be scared shitless if this happened at my school.

Dude... NIU. That was like my adoptive school. High School GF went there so I spent more weekends there then home for freshman and sophmore year.... until I believe she got tag teamed by the football team or something, but thats a different story.Hope everyone is okay. That sucks.Hope they don't cancel the corn festival this year.

Update is gunman is dead and up to 18 dead/injured. Helicopters all over the place.Also, I've had classes in this builidng Cole many times, this is the worse possible building for a shooting to take place. Cole Hall is essentially 2 500 person lecture halls.

Update is gunman is dead and up to 18 dead/injured. Helicopters all over the place.Also, I've had classes in this builidng Cole many times, this is the worse possible building for a shooting to take place. Cole Hall is essentially 2 500 person lecture halls.
HOLY CRAP... I thought no one was hurt. That is absolutely insane!!!!I am very sorry!
Alright so this is absolutely crazy, there is a shooting at my school Northern Illinois University. The building it took place at is right next to where I was just in class. We had a possible threat last semester right before finals so people are thinking this is related. Luckily noone I know is hurt.
Yeah, been reading this since it started. They said the gunman killed himself. There have been no reports of any victims getting killed. Well, just stay safe Rogue.
Watching CLTV, it says classes cancelled tonight/tomorrow and reccomending people to head home...You sticking or going home?
Gonna still stay here at my frat for the weekend. Already called my parents, just tons of panic all over the campus going on right now.
Man.so lame potatoes. glad you're ok.also,FCP beats CNN for news update?
yea basically, the basic info I know is.This happened at Cole Hall, it's a lecture room that can hold up to like 500 ppl. Prolly only like 200ish ppl in the room when this happened. In the front, there is a stage with curtains where the professor would be. I guess the gunman popped out from that area behind the curtains with a ski mask that had a shotgun and a pistol. And we had a death threat on our finals week at the end of last semester, don't know if theres any connection.A freshman sorority girl has gotten shot from what I heard.

From CNN.com Most of the 13 wounded were shot in the head, said Theresa Comitas, spokeswoman for Kishwaukee Community Hospital, located about 10 minutes from the school.According to the Chicago Tribune, the DeKalb County coroner's office said no fatalities had been immediately reported.A local hospital tells CNN affiliate CLTV that it expects to receive 15 patients and has so far treated at least two.CLTV reports that Kishwaukee Medical Center in DeKalb is treating six people with head wounds.A woman named Corrine described the scene to CLTV, saying she was "carried out" of Cole Hall by a "wave" of students running for their lives."When one of the kids said, 'This guy is shooting!' I just ran to the next building as fast as I could and hid in an empty classroom."Officers responded to a call of shots fired on campus around 3 p.m., DeKalb County Sheriff Roger Scott told the Tribune.A professor at the school said there was a person with a gun in Cole Hall, a large lecture hall in Watson Hall. Scott said it was possible the assailant may have taken his own life.The university had ordered its student body to seek shelter, and it canceled classes Thursday."Its has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance," the school said in a posting on its DeKalb campus Web site. "All classes are canceled on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus."A law enforcement official being briefed on the situation tells CNN that the shooter used at least a shotgun. The official declined to be identified further because the incident was still developing.An spokesman with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tells CNN that some of its agents are on the scene -- strictly in an assistance role. He says one of the things ATF agents would do is help trace the weapon or weapons used. An FBI spokesman says several of that agency's agents were also en route to the scene to assist.