Obamanation In South Carolina

Example one:Steve wants to mate with Mary, Mary wants to mate with Steve, but Carl who is bigger and stronger beats up Steve to takes Mary. Example two:Iraq has oil. Russia wants oil. Russia has proven that it doesn't care about human rights or lives, but it is afraid of America that does believe in them. Russia does not attack. Neither does America.Which example is more indicative of Darwinian Evolution and which is more based on morality?
these are both horrible examples. first, nobody named Carl has ever been bigger than somebody named Steve, and America does not care about human rights (or black people).
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are both horrible examples. first, nobody named Carl has ever been bigger than somebody named Steve, and America does not care about human rights (or black people).
Ok. I admit...this made me laugh.....Balloon Guy's point still stands though.
I thought when you said sacred that you were referring to value in life. Turns out you're not. If you're speaking of sacred in a metaphysical way, then no... there is absolutely no evidence that life is "sacred". I, personally, was using the word sacred as valuable. "This couch is sacred. You may not sit."Yes you do because it's falsifiable (sp?). The area that we call China is either there or it's not.Quit being such a pussy and go play rugby :club: (sw)
But, God is either there or He's not? What's the difference?
Example one:Steve wants to mate with Mary, Mary wants to mate with Steve, but Carl who is bigger and stronger beats up Steve to takes Mary. Example two:Iraq has oil. Russia wants oil. Russia has proven that it doesn't care about human rights or lives, but it is afraid of America that does believe in them. Russia does not attack. Neither does America.Which example is more indicative of Darwinian Evolution and which is more based on morality?
Your analogy is flawed. You can't compare simple interpersonal relationships to an incredibly complex policy issue.It'd be more like Steve wants to mate with Mary, Mary wants to mate with Steve, But Carl who is bigger and stronger tries to beat up Steve to take Mary, but Steve calls the police (allies), or breaks out a handgun and blasts that douchebag away. Or something like that anyway.
It's not falsifiable.
You can't take a plane to god to find out if he's actually there. People don't live in god. We don't eat god food.There's a big difference.
Its a state of old white jews, does this suprise you? Hilary is a honorary old white jew.
Since when do honorary first black presidents sleep with honorary old white jews?
So.. Clinton beat the piss out of Obama in Florida..
All the Dems pledged to not campaign in Florida. Because Florida moved up its primary, the DNC stripped it of all it's delegates.So the total delegates Clinton won is 0, Obama won 0, Edwards 0, Gravel 0. Clinton just went down there to collect the "victory" momentum. Too bad Edwards dropped out today, that stole all her stolen Mo.Good try though, kid. Still massive fail though. So tell me, how does a candidate win the nomination? DelegatesWho's leading?God Bless
What do you think is a factor in the creation of morality?Survivability would most likely be one of them.Regarding you asking for the research, no offense, but I'm not going to the trouble of looking it up. And trust me, it's not because it isn't there.
fwiw, nietzsche makes a pretty strong argument for morality's basis lying in economics. the gist of it is basically that moral guilt arose from the idea of monetary (either in the form of actual money or economic goods) debt as a way of the people who have shit keeping the people who were trying to take it away from their stuff. i half agree with this.also, edwards' withdrawal speech was pretty good.
  • 8 months later...