Official I Joined A Gym Thread

Did about 30 minutes, just enough to break a small sweat and not overdo it.Today I am going to jog to the gym, which is a little over a mile, then work out, jog back.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did about 30 minutes, just enough to break a small sweat and not overdo it.Today I am going to jog to the gym, which is a little over a mile, then work out, jog back.
Starting back on the Men's Health program?

I went to the gym 3 times last week, then on Friday did a long bike ride with my friend. I hadn't been to the gym since, but I found out today that it's open 24/7 since they upgraded (expanded in the building they were in and got all new equipment), so I went at about 3 am today. There were 2 other guys in there, and it was just me by the time I finished. It was kind of nice having the whole place to myself and not having to worry about what people are thinking about me.

I went to the gym 3 times last week, then on Friday did a long bike ride with my friend. I hadn't been to the gym since, but I found out today that it's open 24/7 since they upgraded (expanded in the building they were in and got all new equipment), so I went at about 3 am today. There were 2 other guys in there, and it was just me by the time I finished. It was kind of nice having the whole place to myself and not having to worry about what people are thinking about me.
Keep it up, brah

MONSTER MILK update: it tastes strikingly like yoohoo. also, I've gained 12 pounds of muscle just this week from it.(parts of the above sentence may not be entirely correct.)

MONSTER MILK update: it tastes strikingly like yoohoo. also, I've gained 12 pounds of muscle just this week from it.(parts of the above sentence may not be entirely correct.)
Like, everything past "update"?
Better or worse than the EAS ones? I forget the name at the moment. I usually get those ones that I don't have to mix myself.
Better or worse than the EAS ones? I forget the name at the moment. I usually get those ones that I don't have to mix myself.
I really like those, they are just very expensive. Like 4 bucks a pop.
which eas ones? I'm assuming you mean myoplex, but there's like 3 or 4 different kinds. the regular is really good in my opinion, but it has a lot of sugar. they're one of the best I've ever tasted. not worth it to me for the sugar and calories though. there's another kind thats called like "carb sense" or something that has very little sugar and very few calories, but they have very little taste too. the monster milk really does taste like yoohoo somewhat, I think anyways. and at 350 calories for 50 grams of protein (or 175 calories for 25 gp, which is more what a serving should be), its a pretty healthy option.

I've been doing P90-x every morning for the past week-and-a-half. Of course, I'm already incredibly handsome and svelte, so this is all gravy...healthy gravy.

Been a complete lazy arse the past couple of weeks and done nothin'Did a small bike ride yesterday, didn't push hard but it's a start. Did a set of pressups and a few stomach bits, still really struggling for motivation tho - really fancy a shot at p90x but cant afford it

I strained my knee a couple months ago and completely fell off the wagon. When I tried to get back on the wagon last month, I almost broke my hand punching something, and used said swollen hand as an excuse to gain another 6 pounds.I still belong to a gym, though. Back today or Monday. Probably Monday, because it feels better to start something at the beginning of the week.

I'd go today personally, gyms are always rammed on mondays and dead on fridays so easier to get on the stuff that you want.Not been to a gym in months, itching to get back to a routine, but being in between freelance work and can't afford luxuries f'king sucks :club:

I ran and lifted again yesterday.The crappy thing is that working out makes me famished.At midnight last night I could not sleep because my stomach was growling. Any body have any tricks as to how to curb the late night hunger cravings when you work out?

I ran and lifted again yesterday.The crappy thing is that working out makes me famished.At midnight last night I could not sleep because my stomach was growling. Any body have any tricks as to how to curb the late night hunger cravings when you work out?
nope. its been one of my biggest problems throughout. I can starve myself all day, or eat all day, and it doesn't matter. I still get super hungry in the evening and its hard to not eat then. I actually had a few times when I was really trying to cut weight that I couldn't sleep and either had to give in and eat something or take a sleeping pill. fuck if I know.

A housemate used to struggle with his weight a bit so would take caffeine pills whilst we were working out. I tried some just to see what they were like and jaysus, they weren't half an appetite suppressant. I'm usually the same, ravenous when I get into a good routine, but I didn't wanna eat.Did a good pressup session 2days ago when mashed, still aching today - gonna try and do some weights later - still sucking at putting in cardio, I swear we're yet to have summer here....its rubbish

NO supplements for me, excepts some vitamins.Years ago, I took adipo-kinetic which was basically legal crank. I took half the recomned dose, did not sleep for a week, my hair stood on end like I had perm-goosebumps and my whole body felt tingly. I hated every minute of it.I'll stick to a cup of coffee in the morning for my caffeine intake.

In football we called them hills, and they sucked then as much as they suck now.
we did stairs in wrestling. there were these two flights of stairs right next to where the wrestling room was and we'd have to do them just about every practice, if not for just a horrible workout, for punishment of some kind. do like 20 reps and you pretty much wanted to die, and felt like your wish was probably going to be granted.the thing about doing it in groups like that though is that no matter how hard it sucks, you have all those other guys there that are doing it too, so you keep thinking "well if they can keep going then so can I" and they're thinking the same thing about you. sure is a hell of a lot more motivation than sitting on an exercise bike by yourself listening to remixes of avril lavigne.
we did stairs in wrestling. there were these two flights of stairs right next to where the wrestling room was and we'd have to do them just about every practice, if not for just a horrible workout, for punishment of some kind. do like 20 reps and you pretty much wanted to die, and felt like your wish was probably going to be granted.the thing about doing it in groups like that though is that no matter how hard it sucks, you have all those other guys there that are doing it too, so you keep thinking "well if they can keep going then so can I" and they're thinking the same thing about you. sure is a hell of a lot more motivation than sitting on an exercise bike by yourself listening to remixes of avril lavigne.
Yeah we did stairs too in the stadium.The worst thing ever was wall time in basketball, it was always for punishment and it was just minutes upon minute of back against the wall, legs at a 90 degree angle and hold yourself up, burning.So you wanna workout together, I'll bring the hill, you bring the soft rock?
Yeah we did stairs too in the stadium.The worst thing ever was wall time in basketball, it was always for punishment and it was just minutes upon minute of back against the wall, legs at a 90 degree angle and hold yourself up, burning.So you wanna workout together, I'll bring the hill, you bring the soft rock?
oh man yeah I remember those too. we didn't do them too often but they sure as hell were misleading. at first you were all like "ah, now a chance to catch my breath" and then after a little while you thought you might pass out from the pain. fun times.and I have enough gay music to get down to 120 lbs. just sayin'.