Official I Joined A Gym Thread

I have about three scoops left in my gnc whey protein mix. I remember that you recommended a website where you can order a chocolate protein mix that's cheaper and just as good as the gnc stuff? What was it again?
bodybuilding.com has an extensive store/selection of stuff.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bodybuilding.com has an extensive store/selection of stuff.
and www.fitnessone.com, which used to have the best prices on everything, just not as great of a selection as bodybuilding.com, but this last time I compared prices between the two, and they were actually more expensive on some things. just compare the two on whatever stuff you want, fill up your basket in each, and see which one's cheaper.and the powder I was talking about was probably optimum nutrition's 100% whey. its the absolute best for the price in my opinion. probably close to the best regardless of the price actually. go for the extreme milk chocolate flavor. that stuff is the tits. also, the same brand's casein protein is good stuff too. I'm starting to think that casein is possibly more important that whey, but thats another discussion.

I've been slacking and too busy and too sore from softball/hockey games to make it in the last few weeks.Going to Houston Thu-Mon, but plan to get back there Mon or Tue at least twice/week with 3 times/week as my goal.

Biking to work now. It's not much, but it's better than driving. Other than that, I've been golfing too much and being lazy otherwise. This usually happens to me in the summer, I just have a hard time getting into the gym when it's nice out.

I don't know where the fuck you people shop, but tuna is expensive everywhere I've ever seen it around here. 10 for 10 bucks if its 3 years old and the store brand maybe.

I don't know where the fuck you people shop, but tuna is expensive everywhere I've ever seen it around here. 10 for 10 bucks if its 3 years old and the store brand maybe.
Not sure if this will work.... Moral is... $1.19/can on Peapod. Pretty sure that puts it in the 10 for 10 range at Jewel/Albertsons.http://www.peapod.com/findShowProdGrp.jhtm...prodGroupId=364
jesus fucking christ the point was that regular food has gotten much more expensive. way to take a off hand comment and run it into the ground.
You kept arguing, lol.
I'm pretty sure that Tuna is regularly one of those 10/$10 items at the grocery store. LOL.You shopping at Whole Foods or something?
Not sure if this will work.... Moral is... $1.19/can on Peapod. Pretty sure that puts it in the 10 for 10 range at Jewel/Albertsons.http://www.peapod.com/findShowProdGrp.jhtm...prodGroupId=364
jesus fucking christ the point was that regular food has gotten much more expensive. way to take a off hand comment and run it into the ground.
You kept arguing, lol.
AWESOME!
What are your fitness goals? If they are to bulk up/gain size then, yes.
well from everything I've been reading lately on the subject, I've heard that for any fitness goal, be it muscle gaining or fat loss, lifting heavy weights with fewer reps is the way to go.now logically, I don't really see how this can be. mainly because with less weight, you can potentially squeeze in extra reps that you wouldn't be able to with heavier weights, as a percentage of total work done, and therefore do more total "work" with that particular set. for instance, say, given some random exercise, you can do either 20 reps at 20 pounds or 4 reps at 100 pounds. both situations produce 400 total pounds lifted, but in the 20 pound scenario, you're much more likely to be able to squeeze out an extra rep, increasing your total work to 420 pounds lifted. however though, it still seems that the growing sentiment is towards the opposite, ie heavier weights and less reps burn more calories and build more muscle. not to mention that in my own experience, the same is true.
well from everything I've been reading lately on the subject, I've heard that for any fitness goal, be it muscle gaining or fat loss, lifting heavy weights with fewer reps is the way to go.now logically, I don't really see how this can be. mainly because with less weight, you can potentially squeeze in extra reps that you wouldn't be able to with heavier weights, as a percentage of total work done, and therefore do more total "work" with that particular set. for instance, say, given some random exercise, you can do either 20 reps at 20 pounds or 4 reps at 100 pounds. both situations produce 400 total pounds lifted, but in the 20 pound scenario, you're much more likely to be able to squeeze out an extra rep, increasing your total work to 420 pounds lifted. however though, it still seems that the growing sentiment is towards the opposite, ie heavier weights and less reps burn more calories and build more muscle. not to mention that in my own experience, the same is true.
The strongest I have ever been was when I was doing 3X3 and 5X5 excercises, I also got very big in the chest and arms, that I did not like.
After reading this I had this visual image of you explaining it just like this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEflzeCGta4
Haven't people died of mercury poisoning from eating too much tuna?
I don't think so. I think it's a myth made by the beef companies.Honestly, you'd have to eat it like every meal.
The strongest I have ever been was when I was doing 3X3 and 5X5 excercises, I also got very big in the chest and arms, that I did not like.
Faggot.
Faggot.
I am already barrel chested with pretty big shoulders. I put on muscle very quickly, the problem is I don't shed pounds/fat at the same rate. So I just end up looking bigger, my shirts and suits don't fit correctly. I have not figured out a way to not bulk up in this area. I was a rail in H.S. once I hit 19 that all stopped. Now I am a 46 regular and have a 17" neck.Nothing makes you feel worse than when you go into a trendy store to look for work clothes and the biggest suit they have is a 42 R. Then you realize its a store for Aisans, and you get over it.
That will suck for me when everyone can take a pill and be in shape. I like that 80% of people are overweight, it makes me stand out to women. If everyone is in shape I might as well turn gay.
see, there's an upside to everything.

OK so I am going to start up that program that I have sent to a bunch of you tonight. I am really not motivated though, but that is natural I guess. I am kind of working late to miss the 5 oclock rush.