strategy questions...

I have recently began to play limit again at fulltilt, and I just have some basic strategy questions...1. What is the best way to beat a 1-2 nine-handed game? I always thought tight aggressive, but am I wrong?2. Raise with just Top Premiums - AA, KK, QQ, and maybe AK, or what?3. Raise with AJ or AQ?4. Playing small pocket pairs?5. Suited Connectors, just late position or what?6. Playing in the Blinds?7. Any other additional comments...8. I have heard and figured out that generally better players rise to the top more often in limit rather no limit, because of the smaller swings and consistency pays off more ofter? Am I right?I have just recently started playing and seem to be getting cold cards, and getting draw out...KK vs. 55, AK vs. AQ, Trip A's vs. Small Boat...thanx for the future help...P.S. - what about playing hands like, KJ, KQ, etc...

Thanx for nothing...anybody else please...
actually ive given you everything, but you are too lazy to see it. Not sure what you are expecting, but the answer to pretty much every one of your questions is "it depends". I could write pages on each question, and you still wouldnt understand. The best way to answer these questions is to give you an understanding of the underlying concepts that control the issues. SSHE will do that effectively and concisely.
I do not have the time to read it right now, that is why I was looking for the cliff notes answers...
ugh, you still dont get it? THERE ARE NO CLIFF NOTES. You cant understand the answers to any of these questions without understanding WHY those are the answers.

to the OP, justblaze is right. if you don't have time to read SSHE, nothing anyone on this forum can say will help you out as much as reading it will.i thought i understood a lot of concepts when i asked, also. then i opened up SSHE and realized how little i knew.it's worth it. buy it and read it.(then read it again, then digest it a third time--it's work, but it's worth it. my copy is really worn in right now, full of highlights and underlines and notes, and the crease is starting to tear. i've only had it for five weeks now.)aseem

I have been on this website long enough to know that many questions like this have been answered before without going into great detail...maybe it was partly my fault for asking too in depth questions. So, here is one...1. Any tips or strategies that anyone has experienced or seen on the best way to beat a 1-2 limit game?

I do not have the time to read it right now, that is why I was looking for the cliff notes answers...
ugh, you still dont get it? THERE ARE NO CLIFF NOTES. You cant understand the answers to any of these questions without understanding WHY those are the answers.
And just my opinion, but even reading SSHE won't give you the clear cut answers you seem to want...It is a lot "it depends" and each situation can be handled differently depending on position, table image, general tone of the table...You could play KK two totally opposite ways depending on the opponent. You're just not going to get if A happens then do B and C will be your result...If poker were that easy there would be no use for these forums, no bad beat stories, David Sklansky would be pumping gas for a living....

poker is just like anyother thing. To be succesful you have to do your homework. There are hundreds of books out there that tell you what to do. I don't think that any one of them is 100% right but if you can take what you think is the best information for your style from these books you'll be in good shape.Like I said not one book is really an etched in stone version of how you should play. Doyle had to change they way he played because if he only played like he described in SuperSystem he'd be on the street right now...well not really but you get the idea. I remember hearing Gus Hansen say that he could write the opposite of what the poker books tell you to do and that would be the best book out there. Sounds crazy but I don't think he's completely wrong.

I have been on this website long enough to know that many questions like this have been answered before without going into great detail...maybe it was partly my fault for asking too in depth questions. So, here is one...1. Any tips or strategies that anyone has experienced or seen on the best way to beat a 1-2 limit game?
yes. play SSHE style holdem.
poker is just like anyother thing. To be succesful you have to do your homework. There are hundreds of books out there that tell you what to do. I don't think that any one of them is 100% right but if you can take what you think is the best information for your style from these books you'll be in good shape.Like I said not one book is really an etched in stone version of how you should play. Doyle had to change they way he played because if he only played like he described in SuperSystem he'd be on the street right now...well not really but you get the idea. I remember hearing Gus Hansen say that he could write the opposite of what the poker books tell you to do and that would be the best book out there. Sounds crazy but I don't think he's completely wrong.
true, but SSHE strategy is undeniably profitable for low limit holdem online, which is the game the poster is asking about.

I don't want to be yet another person just throwing the idea of reading SSHE at you, but you say you don't have time to read any poker books right now. My suggestion is, take a couple days off from playing the 1/2 game at Full Tilt and use the time you would've been playing to read. I know everyone says you have to get in there and play to really learn the game, and that's absolutely true. But the concepts in the book are invaluable. And besides, occasionally taking some time off from playing really gets you back into it when you return.Other than that, I tend to subscribe to the tight/aggressive idea. Protect vulnerable hands, push equity edges. You're not playing as many hands as the average opponnent, but when you flop to a hand, you're more likely betting or raising, either to protect your hand or get full value from it. (Again, that's a situational thing, and this is all described in Small Stakes Hold 'em. It's worth the time.)

no you haven't and no one has since this forum ahs only been around since late november. look noting we can say will comapre to going out and doing your own research, and quite frankly very few of us are willing to help someone who isn't willing to help themleslves, which would be you since youdon't feel like reading a good book or two a few times through. there is no short cut and the fact that you are looking for one says everything that needs to be said

Other than that, I tend to subscribe to the tight/aggressive idea. which is what, exactly?Protect vulnerable hands, push equity edges. how do you know which hands are vulnerable, and which hands have equity edges? how do you protect/push?You're not playing as many hands as the average opponnent,in every game? but when you flop to a hand, you're more likely betting or raising, either to protect your hand or get full value from it. again, how do i know which one i am doing, and how to do it?you see the problem? a quick answer just opens up a million more questions. thats why i didnt bother to try.

would u guys reccomend SSHE over Winning Low Limit Hold em by Lee Jones. im not sure which to get and was wondering which would be a better read for low limit internet play.

would u guys reccomend SSHE over Winning Low Limit Hold em by Lee Jones. im not sure which to get and was wondering which would be a better read for low limit internet play.
definitely SSHE.aseem
If your not willing to invest a little time to get better don't expect it to magically happen. There are no shortcuts to make you a great player in 1000 words or less. Blaze gives good advice if you listen to him
WLLH is a good book as well. I don't think it stacks up to SSHE but there are definitely some basics in WLLH that are worth reading...I guess I would suggest reading WLLH first and then going to SSHE to further what you took away from WLLH.
if you already play fairly tight, then you should definetly buy SSHE, in fact screw that, just buy sshe and read through it several times

the above posters are all correct--take some time out of you're playing schedule this week and read SSHE. it's solid advice! at least we're not telling you to go out and buy hellmuth's book :wink:

the above posters are all correct--take some time out of you're playing schedule this week and read SSHE.  it's solid advice!  at least we're not telling you to go out and buy hellmuth's book :wink:
that's what monster josh is here for :club:
the above posters are all correct--take some time out of you're playing schedule this week and read SSHE.  it's solid advice!  at least we're not telling you to go out and buy hellmuth's book :wink:
:dance:
:dance: