Official New York Rangers Thread

gg guys. We needed a big win here to bounce back from two bad losses to bad teams. We got a big win. It wasn't the perfect game, and we made two bad mistakes to give them two goals, but other than that we did a decent job of shutting down their offense (with the exception of bad turnovers), and our forecheck looked great. Big win, and it was win number 100 for Henrik.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, poor effort by the Pens tonight, especially defensively.Rags played a strong game.
I'm not sure, but I think the Pens were missing someone tonight, which may have helped. I forget his name, some kid or something.I guess he's too busy filming EVERY HOCKEY COMMERCIAL EVER!

Yeah, I really think he would have helped a lot out there.It's too easy for a team to focus on Malkin's line when there isn't much secondary scoring, even when Hossa is on the 2nd line. Hoss will fit much better with Crosby, as Staal isn't really the gifted set-up man Sid is, and Marian will benefit greatly from that.

I'm not sure, but I think the Pens were missing someone tonight, which may have helped. I forget his name, some kid or something.I guess he's too busy filming EVERY HOCKEY COMMERCIAL EVER!
yeah, I'm pretty sick of seeing him every time I watch nationally televised hockey. The only escape I have is with FSN, but then it's a tradeoff for a horrible production crew.

Wow, Chris Drury tying it up in the last 5 minutes, can you say clutch?Rangers win in the shootout after old Marty forgets to cover up his 5 hole. Sorry.

They mentioned the Rangers record last night with and without Sean Avery..I am guessing at the number however its something like WITHOUT AVERY 4 game under .500...With AVERY 12 games over .500

• 2 weeks later...

I was at tonight's game against the Penguins, and it turned out to be a really exciting one to go to. I thought the Rangers played really well this game. They obviously came in knowing that these were two huge points to them and that winning them would pretty much secure their spot in the playoffs. They played very well in the first half and, even if their goal was kind of flukey, they had some other chances, had a goal or two waved off, and hit the post twice in one play. Penguins also played well and came frighteningly close to scoring several times (aside from the time when they actually did score, of course). I thought Jagr played especially well. He and his line were strong on offense, he controlled the puck well, drew penalties (especially the one at the end in OT), and powered through the Penguins' defense a few times. Nigel Dawes had some good opportunities, especially one huge break away. Lundqvist had a very strong game, including one save where the puck bounced way into the air, landed behind him, and he had to dive onto it and grab it to prevent it from bouncing into the goal.This more or less secures our spot in the playoffs and shockingly puts us ahead of Ottowa. I would kind of rather play Carolina than the Devils, but I think the Rangers can beat any team that they come up against.

Yeah, Jags played a great game. Almost vintage Jagr.And friggen Dawes. That's the second game of his I've reaaaaaally been impressed with this season.And yeah! That save where the puck was behind Lundqvist was awesome. Just being able to turn around and stop it without knocking it in was crazy.Definitely a good game, and I'm glad we got one point out of it. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really don't want to see the Rangers in the playoffs.

I forgot about this thread, I was at the game against the Devils Thursday. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the way we've owned them this year I actually WANT to see the Devils in the first round. I'm pissed I missed yesterdays game. Had school until 7:30 , I don't get that STUPID Versus channel (forgot is was on there) and I didn't feel like soaking my liver in booze at the bar around the corner just to see it. I won't make that mistake again.

WOOOOO!Third year in a row making the playoffs. I guess with the talent on our team, it would have been very disappointing not to make the playoffs, but it still feels good when we do.We had a good game yesterday against the Islanders. We started out slowly, but came into our own pretty quickly. I thought it was one of Jagr's best games, and he scored two PP goal's within about two minutes. It's nice to see our PP actually working and to see us be able to maintain sustained offense for long periods of time.Bring on the first round!

The team looks good and Lundqvist and Jagr are sharp going inot the playoffs which is a great sign..I do have a dilemna. I am reluctantly rooting for the Rangers to lose tommorrow. Here is my situation. It will be almost impossible for me to go to games 1 and 2. I might make one game at best but it does not look good. Weekend games are so much easier for me this time of year when games 3 and 4 will be played. Can I be forgiven or am I traitor for not rooting for home ice advantage?

Can I be forgiven or am I traitor for not rooting for home ice advantage?
I think you're forgiven, the Blueshirts didn't seem to suffer to much as the lower seed against Atlanta last year, and there's no travel involved in a series between the Devils and Rangers. Home field advantage is a much bigger deal in football than it is in hockey, you can't hear the crowd out on the ice unless they're really rocking the joint and it's not like weather is any kind of concern, the way it is in football. I like the Rangers in this series, no matter where they're seeded. Old and Busted - Martin BrodeurNew Hotness - Henrik Lundqvist
Let's go seven and oh!!
The Rangers are my pick to get to the Stanley Cup final...I believe outside of Brodeur they have the best proven goaltender...Also with guys like Shanahan,Jagr they have lots of experience in the playoffs. I also think that Sean Avery is a huge HUGE part of this team and will shine in the playoffs..go Rangers.

Well, we didn't get home ice, but we really didn't need it that much. It's not like the Prudential center is all that far from NYC anyway. We played a horrible first period tonight and a good second and third period. For some reason, we were asleep and got behind two goals. When we started playing well again, we were able to catch up and tie the game, though were weren't able to win in regulation, which is what we needed to do in order to earn home ice, I think we showed that we're going to give the Devils a lot of trouble in the upcoming week or two.LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!Oh, and for the record, Jagr was a total beast this game and has been for the past several games. He's playing the best hockey that I've seen from him, and going into the playoffs, the Devils are going to have to find a way to contain him if they are going to have a chance. He skated more and better than I've ever seen him, he was double shifted almost every shift, and was almost everywhere on the ice at once. He scored a massive goal to tie us up again. I think Jaromir's going to have the playoff series of his life.

The Rangers are my pick to get to the Stanley Cup final...I believe outside of Brodeur they have the best proven goaltender...Also with guys like Shanahan,Jagr they have lots of experience in the playoffs. I also think that Sean Avery is a huge HUGE part of this team and will shine in the playoffs..go Rangers.
gotta love the serge kiss of death.
I think Jaromir's going to have the playoff series of his life.
I don't think he's gonna top '92 or '96 with the Pens.
I don't think he's gonna top '92 or '96 with the Pens.
my first thought when I read that too.gl to the Rangers but I don't think this tream will last past the 2nd round at most.

I really enjoyed watching Jagr in the 99 playoffs... I think it was 99? Whatever year they were the 7 or 8 seed and upset the Devils in game 7. Jagr was HUGE in that series.