Official New York Rangers Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with 8 million he could have signed someone better than Gomez.Thats all man.They are still losing , i guess THATS the problem.
We beat the Devils last night and Philadelphia the night before. We're in playoff position. We're having a winning season. Gomez was by far our best player for the majority of the season. What do you want from us?
The New York Rangers are a big joke.( honestly , gotta admit it )
Smirk.Best comeback of the year. Everything about that game was insane. It eclipsed the superbowl, and we even managed to win that!Down 3-0 in the second period, we played one of our worse first periods ever. We barely showed up, took terrible penalties, and let their power play do its thing. It was ugly to watch and I was ready to turn off the TV. Thankfully I didn't.Rozival in the power play to make up for some of his terrible penalties. Dubinsky with a laser. That kid's good, god damn it! Gomez doing what he does. And Chris Drury from Dawes with a fantastic goal that I'm sure pissed off my neighbors. Finally Straka off of Mara. Most exciting Ranger game of the year and certainly our biggest win of the year.We've won three in a row, we defeated the Devils, Philadelphia, and now the Habs, three fantastic teams that we need to beat in order to make the playoffs.It's a good day to be a New York sports fan.

I only cheered for the Giants because they weren't the Patriots. I only cheer for the Rangers because I like the match-up vs them better than Montreal right now. Call me an opportunistic poser :club:

Ahhhh, good game NY, both in the afternoon and during the Superbowl. Seems like the Rangers are getting the better of us so far this season, I think we have one more game vs you guys, hopefully we'll redeem ourself then. These 2 teams would be a great match-up in the playoffs.

Ahhhh, good game NY, both in the afternoon and during the Superbowl. Seems like the Rangers are getting the better of us so far this season, I think we have one more game vs you guys, hopefully we'll redeem ourself then. These 2 teams would be a great match-up in the playoffs.
Hopefully we can play a non-afternoon game against the Rangers.
Good game last night which I attended in the flesh.1. Giguere ran good2. Jagr did not3. Rangers fans like to boo, anything and everythingThat's all I got.
Hey, I was there too. Pretty sucky game for us. We need to play a lot better than that to have a chance at the playoffs. And yes, Ranger fans certainly will not hold back boos if things are not going well.
Hey, I was there too.
Cool. I figured you might be, you were prolly there when I saw Radiohead at MSG during the Hail to the Thief tour as well. That was the night I received the infamous chicken wing that was just a fried bone from the Roy's in Penn St. before the show. You prolly read about it in the Post. 2 piece my azz. I'll be at the Devils/Ducks tonight in that section that gives out a free buffet and stuff, the fiance got me the ticket for my b-day, should be great fun. Curious to see how Niedermayer is greeted his 1st game back. Mixed reaction is my guess.I had a Bailey's shake at the Baskin Robbins stand after the game last night...a fitting end to a good game.Next time I will look for someone who looks like Thom and nod appropriately.

I would think the Ducks are one of the favourites in the West, especially if they can add someone at the deadline...Mr Burke....Cliff is listening...

I would think the Ducks are one of the favourites in the West, especially if they can add someone at the deadline...Mr Burke....Cliff is listening...
If they start to score goals like they are now. Burke will stand pat with his 8 low hand. If they don't, he will draw one. But from what I hear it looks like most/all Leafs are staying put, no? I think Burke will re-evaluate in a week or so but they are starting to develop some chemistry since the return of the Finnish Jesus.
If they start to score goals like they are now. Burke will stand pat with his 8 low hand. If they don't, he will draw one. But from what I hear it looks like most/all Leafs are staying put, no? I think Burke will re-evaluate in a week or so but they are starting to develop some chemistry since the return of the Finnish Jesus.
The party line by the Leafs is no one wants to waive their no trade clauses, except for possibly Mats , to the right situation...I really like the way Anaheim is shaping up..Wrong thread..This is the Jagr nation.

Is Henrik overrated and NY's defense system underated? Is Valiquette really that good? All valid arguments from what has transpired over the last 2 months. I was at the Ranger/Anaheim game and was able to watch Lundqvist's play from close up. He looked shaky and let a couple of soft goals in. It would be great if he can play against Devils every game.

Is Henrik overrated and NY's defense system underated? Is Valiquette really that good? All valid arguments from what has transpired over the last 2 months. I was at the Ranger/Anaheim game and was able to watch Lundqvist's play from close up. He looked shaky and let a couple of soft goals in. It would be great if he can play against Devils every game.
Henrik has been shaky in a few games this year. He certainly let in a few bad ones during the Anaheim game. I think he's as talented as people say, but the mental aspects of the game are starting to catch up with him. There's a lot of pressure on him, especially when the team wasn't doing so well, and I think some of it make him lose focus.I also think Valiquette has a lot of talent. He's been working extremely hard with an amazing goalie coach and it has shown. He has two shutouts in a row. I didn't see all of today's game, but I think the defense did a great job of helping him out. Philadelphia didn't have that many great chances, really, although a few were close. A lot of things happened well for us to end up with the shutout. Mostly, though, we played a great offense. Certainly it is true that the best defense is a good offense. Though it wasn't a huge scoring game (we got two), we demonstrated great control in the offensive zone and limited the time the puck was in our half of the rink. I think this was a very good game by the Rangers.
How the eff did this brawl break out?
God only knows. I was watching in a bar and the sound wasn't on. I look away for a sec and look back and everybody on the ice is fighting. There was a ton of tension in the game, especially with the Rangers up 2-0, and fights were breaking our left and right. Sean Avery didn't help. When the ref accidentally got hit in the face, things went to hell.I've watched the video many times and I still can't clearly see the poor guy getting hit in the face. I did, however, see him bleeding like heck after.

Great Rangers game. It's always fun to score 10 seconds into the game. I guess a week off did us some good.I"m not in love with the lines, though. I guess they're still being mixed around and we're trying to get some goals out of Jagr, but I don't think we've found the exact combination yet. I mean, it seemed to work tonight when we got four goals in the first period, but I'm going to wait and see how we do tomorrow.

Great Rangers game. It's always fun to score 10 seconds into the game. I guess a week off did us some good.I"m not in love with the lines, though. I guess they're still being mixed around and we're trying to get some goals out of Jagr, but I don't think we've found the exact combination yet. I mean, it seemed to work tonight when we got four goals in the first period, but I'm going to wait and see how we do tomorrow.
I was all the way on the other end so I did not have a great view, but Miller seemed to let a couple of real soft goals in the first period. Dubinsky's goal the most glaring. Bad angle, between the legs? Jagr looked good. Henrik looked bored. Game means nothing if we dont at least get a point from San Jose today.

Well, that one hurt a bit. But we at least got a point out of it, we showed that we're capable of playing great hockey (even if for only half a game) and went 5/6 this weekend. Hopefully a little rest this week will calm us down after tonight's defeat and we'll continue our point grabbing streak this weekend.