Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

the show has really started to hit its stride with the current theme (played out in both time periods....present and future) of "Is John Connor wrong to trust machines?"they are already canceling Life on Mars. I hope they dont cancel this too. If they take out this and Life I may have to start holding tv execs hostage.We need a network where good but ratings-flawed shows can go after the major networks lose interest.
I think the whole issue is obviously profit margin. A channel with even lower ratings and/or viewership PLUS very expensive productions (like TSCC) = bankruptcy. I know you were saying, "in a perfect world", cane, so I'm saying this for the people that didn't know why this hasn't happened.
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught up - the last three episodes have easily been the best of the entire series. It would be a shame if they cancelled it because it seems like they are just getting to the stuff they have been building to for so long.
Great last couple episodes!

JourneymanJerichoLife on MarsTerminator Sarah Conner ChroniclesBig Shots...There are others I can't recall right now.*sigh*Better than Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, American Idol, America's Fattest Loser, Dance With The Stars, etc.

I think I'm done watching tv shows. I only really watch a couple as it is, but once those are over, that's it. To watch for a season or two and then abruptly end is a waste. Take that networks, live without my viewership. FOREVER

I think I'm done watching tv shows. I only really watch a couple as it is, but once those are over, that's it. To watch for a season or two and then abruptly end is a waste. Take that networks, live without my viewership. FOREVER
There are enough quality shows out there that get to end on their terms instead of the networks. Every show should be like Lost - it has a timeline, a story to tell. When it is over the show will be over. Shows like this are great. The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Lost are worth the commitment. Rescue Me is still on the air, although that is more character driven than plot driven. Weeds, Brotherhood, Californication are all good shows. I guess the point is - get HBO & Showtime.
I guess the point is - get HBO & Showtime.
Normally I would agree, but HBO has been known to cut short a series or two in its time.Rome was shortened down to two seasons and ended up with a rushed finale and a few horrible second season episodes because the pacing was not right.Deadwood was supposed to be a 4-5 season run, got cut off at 3, movies were mentioned but they are not going to happen.Carnivale was just stopped after a second season with major cliffhangers left unanswered.Still, I'd take HBO's bad with the good because the good is so much better than everyone elses great.
Normally I would agree, but HBO has been known to cut short a series or two in its time.Rome was shortened down to two seasons and ended up with a rushed finale and a few horrible second season episodes because the pacing was not right.Deadwood was supposed to be a 4-5 season run, got cut off at 3, movies were mentioned but they are not going to happen.Carnivale was just stopped after a second season with major cliffhangers left unanswered.Still, I'd take HBO's bad with the good because the good is so much better than everyone elses great.
I agree, especially with Deadwood. I think I read somewhere that Carnivale told the story it wanted to tell and finished on its term. Rome was rushed, but the second season was way better than first. Other than completely ****ing us with Deadwood, I think HBO has a much better track record than network.And FWIW, I loved that they only did one season of John From Cincinnati.
There are enough quality shows out there that get to end on their terms instead of the networks. Every show should be like Lost - it has a timeline, a story to tell. When it is over the show will be over. Shows like this are great. The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Lost are worth the commitment. Rescue Me is still on the air, although that is more character driven than plot driven. Weeds, Brotherhood, Californication are all good shows. I guess the point is - get HBO & Showtime.
All but one show I watch are on HBO and Showtime. As far as network shows go, I'm done after Chuck is over. That is until these two come back to the zip code...bev.png

I had a great idea. When people sent in peanuts they were able to get an extra season of Jericho. We should send the executives at Fox dead pigeons to try to get one more season of this show.

I agree, especially with Deadwood. I think I read somewhere that Carnivale told the story it wanted to tell and finished on its term. Rome was rushed, but the second season was way better than first. Other than completely ****ing us with Deadwood, I think HBO has a much better track record than network.And FWIW, I loved that they only did one season of John From Cincinnati.
Nah, Carnivale's second season ended with a huge cliffhanger and it never returned.JFC didn't come back because it sucked ass. Fuck that dipshit who wrote the show and thought it would be better than Deadwood

All the guys dropping like flies - would have thought that they would have given BAG a better sendoff - have him go out guns blazing instead of being surprised by a head shot.

I will be truly saddened when they cancel this show as I would have liked to see where they were going to go with some of their plot lines.

1) What a sad way to end the series.2) I'm kinda glad deadwood ended. I thought season 3 was quite inferior to the first 2 seasons, and I would be afraid the product would really start to slip,. That said, Still probably would have loved it. I mean, I watch Kings just for a hint of Al, FFS.3) It's a miracle that the wire didn't get cut off after 1 or 2 seasons. From what I understand, it got really bad ratings. It must have done really well in DVD sales or something, or maybe someone at HBO has a soul.

2) I'm kinda glad deadwood ended. I thought season 3 was quite inferior to the first 2 seasons, and I would be afraid the product would really start to slip,. That said, Still probably would have loved it. I mean, I watch Kings just for a hint of Al, FFS.
From my understanding the guy who did most the writing for deadwood was so hyped up by his idea for JFC that he basically quit trying with Deadwood. I agree I thought season 3 was very inferior to the first two seasons.
  • 3 weeks later...
Read a report that the decision hasn't been made yet and apparently Fox likes the concepts of what season 3 would be about. From an interview with Brian Austin Green about season 3. (skip if you don't want possible spoilers)!!!
The third season is going to be incredible, if it happens. There were no intentions of this being a series finale. It was absolutely a season finale. There's a plan where this can go and it's so good....You have this episode where John Connor travels to a future where John Connor never existed. I don't know if people completely get it because we work on a string theory, which we've dealt with during the season. We dealt with that with Jessie, in the future that she came from there was Charles Fisher, who tortured everyone. In the future I came from, he never existed. I don't remember him. We were still together within these parallel futures but they were still different and they still had their own paths. This is the same concept. For John Connor to travel to a future where he never existed, where Kyle Reese never left, where Derek and Kyle are still fighting side by side, where Allison (the human Cameron was based on) is still very much present, what becomes of John? What better situation for somebody to grow up in and become the future leader than that? Than to be fighting in what he's been trying to prevent? Not just being the top dog, being listened to for everything, but having to actually listen and follow.
Read a report that the decision hasn't been made yet and apparently Fox likes the concepts of what season 3 would be about. From an interview with Brian Austin Green about season 3. (skip if you don't want possible spoilers)!!!
What is the link for this story?
What is the link for this story?
It was a story posted on that site I linked to in the other terminator thread where they show the T-600 models for the movie. You might have to dig a bit for it since it was like a week or two old. The interview with Green was from the CBR website.
  • 3 weeks later...
Officially?
Fox released their schedule for fall and it's not on it. MONDAY8PM HOUSE9PM LIE TO ME / (January) 24TUESDAY8PM SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE / (Jan) 8PM AMERICAN IDOL, 9PM PAST LIFEWEDNESDAY8PM SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Results Show/ (Jan) 8 PM American Idol Results Show9PM GLEE / (Jan) HUMAN TARGET / (Spring) GLEE THURSDAY8PM BONES9PM FRINGEFRIDAY8PM BROTHERS8:30PM 'TIL DEATH9 PM DOLLHOUSESATURDAY8PM COPS8:30PM COPS9PM AMERICA’S MOST WANTED11PM THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (working title)Midnight ANIMATION DOMINATION ENCORESSUNDAY7PM THE OT (NFL post-game) / (Midseason) ANIMATION DOMINATION ENCORES8PM THE SIMPSONS8:30PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW / (Midseason) SONS OF TUCSON9PM FAMILY GUY9PM AMERICAN DAD / (Midseason) THE CLEVELAND SHOW