2-4nl Deep Stack, Nuts On Turn

I think Jay thinks he plays tight. GG knowing your table image. At 31/25 that's a LAG in my opinion, add in that you are often 3-betting and people probably think you're a maniac.Edit: FWIW, in real time there's no way I'd raise here. But I agree with the assesment by everyone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jay thinks he plays tight. GG knowing your table image. At 31/25 that's a LAG in my opinion, add in that you are often 3-betting and people probably think you're a maniac.
Dealt to NAISMITH [Qd Ks] VOTEBUSHIN08 - FoldsCHRIS393 - FoldsMIKEWATERS - Raises $16 to $16NAISMITH - Raises $38 to $38BLUFFN_KING - FoldsMADBLUFFA - FoldsMIKEWATERS - Calls $22*** FLOP *** [3h 9s 7c]MIKEWATERS - Bets $60NAISMITH - Raises $170 to $170MIKEWATERS - Calls $110*** TURN *** [3h 9s 7c] [Jd]MIKEWATERS - Bets $120NAISMITH - Raises $400 to $400MIKEWATERS - All-In $186.45NAISMITH - returned ($93.55) : not called*** RIVER *** [3h 9s 7c Jd] [Kd]*** SHOW DOWN ***MIKEWATERS - Shows [Jh Jc] (Three of a kind, jacks) NAISMITH - Shows [Qd Ks] (One pair, kings) MIKEWATERS Collects $1031.40 from main potDealt to NAISMITH [10h Jh] LCPL112 - FoldsNOLIMIT4ME - FoldsBRAINLAWL - Raises $12 to $12BLOODY_ACES - FoldsLICLIC - FoldsNAISMITH - Raises $28 to $32BRAINLAWL - Calls $20*** FLOP *** [Ad 4s 9d]NAISMITH - Bets $55BRAINLAWL - Calls $55*** TURN *** [Ad 4s 9d] [2s]NAISMITH - ChecksBRAINLAWL - Bets $115NAISMITH - Raises $325 to $325BRAINLAWL - Calls $210*** RIVER *** [Ad 4s 9d 2s] [3h]NAISMITH - Bets $401BRAINLAWL - All-In $400.60NAISMITH - returned ($0.40) : not called*** SHOW DOWN ***NAISMITH - Shows [10h Jh] (ace high) BRAINLAWL - Shows [Qh 9c] (One pair, nines) BRAINLAWL Collects $1623.70 from main potI'm just saying....He's got the image.
Dealt to NAISMITH [Qd Ks] Dealt to NAISMITH [10h Jh] I'm just saying....He's got the image.
Wow, He's a maniac, maniac on the floor! :club:

I think that the key thing about his game is not necessarily that he's only running at like 31/25 (which is pretty LAGgy) but that he manages to get his whole stack or a large volume of chips into every pot that he does play. That really makes him stand out WAY more as a total nut job more than anything else.

As my buddy, Andy, is fond of saying..."Let's play a big one."
Yeah, almost every pot you showed me last night was a 400BB pot. I mean, wtf, that guy CALLED, and I have to reiterate, CALLED off 200BBs with 2nd pair on an Ace high board in a reraised pot where Jay bet all streets. I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed action :club:
Yeah, almost every pot you showed me last night was a 400BB pot. I mean, wtf, that guy CALLED, and I have to reiterate, CALLED off 200BBs with 2nd pair on an Ace high board in a reraised pot where Jay bet all streets. I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed action :club:
I also worked in a fancy check-raise on that one.
I'm perplexed as to how this man makes money
*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to Naismith [Jd Jh] NOLIMIT4ME - FoldsBRAINLAWL - FoldsBLOODY_ACES - Calls $4CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Raises $18 to $18Naismith - Raises $46 to $48MBLOOM1 - FoldsBLOODY_ACES - Calls $44CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Calls $30*** FLOP *** [8h 9h 10h]Naismith - Bets $125BLOODY_ACES - Calls $125CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Folds*** TURN *** [8h 9h 10h] [Jc]Naismith - All-In $627BLOODY_ACES - Calls $627*** RIVER *** [8h 9h 10h Jc] [6s]*** SHOW DOWN ***BLOODY_ACES - Shows [9c 6h] (Two Pair, nines and sixes) Naismith - Shows [Jd Jh] (Three of a kind, jacks) Naismith Collects $1648.50 from main potAlso, I mix in a little of this:*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to Naismith [Qh 9h] SUNDATOCA - FoldsNaismith - Raises $16 to $16BLUFFN_KING - FoldsMEDEVIL - Calls $12*** FLOP *** [2h 3h Qd]MEDEVIL - ChecksNaismith - Bets $30MEDEVIL - Raises $90 to $90Naismith - All-In(Raise) $838.44 to $868.44MEDEVIL - Calls $778.44*** TURN *** [2h 3h Qd] [9s]*** RIVER *** [2h 3h Qd 9s] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***MEDEVIL - Shows [2d 2c] (Full house, twos full of nines) Naismith - Shows [Qh 9h] (Full house, nines full of queens) Naismith Collects $1768.38 from main pot
wait is this the same naismith that folded 2 pair heads up when i was pretending to be retarded on absolute?
"Pretending". Haha.That should tell you how transparent your act is. :club:
*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to Naismith [Jd Jh] NOLIMIT4ME - FoldsBRAINLAWL - FoldsBLOODY_ACES - Calls $4CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Raises $18 to $18Naismith - Raises $46 to $48MBLOOM1 - FoldsBLOODY_ACES - Calls $44CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Calls $30*** FLOP *** [8h 9h 10h]Naismith - Bets $125BLOODY_ACES - Calls $125CRAZYJOHNNY7 - Folds*** TURN *** [8h 9h 10h] [Jc]Naismith - All-In $627BLOODY_ACES - Calls $627*** RIVER *** [8h 9h 10h Jc] [6s]*** SHOW DOWN ***BLOODY_ACES - Shows [9c 6h] (Two Pair, nines and sixes) Naismith - Shows [Jd Jh] (Three of a kind, jacks) Naismith Collects $1648.50 from main pot
world class push on the river :club:
Can someone explain to me why it is good for the villain to make a blocking bet on the river with a hand like AQ/AK?
Generally it takes a much bigger hand to raise the river than call a river bet.If villain checks and Jay bets it is going to bet a big bet. This why villain gets to name his price on the river....This is generally best used against passive players, which Jay is not.
Can someone explain to me why it is good for the villain to make a blocking bet on the river with a hand like AQ/AK?
It avoids them having to make a decision for more chips (unless you raise) since they're likely to c/c a bet often anyway.
Generally it takes a much bigger hand to raise the river than call a river bet.If villain checks and Jay bets it is going to bet a big bet. This why villain gets to name his price on the river....This is generally best used against passive players, which Jay is not.
I never really thought of using them on the river with a medium strength hand. I have used them for draws on earlier streets though.At higher levels could you also use it to involk a bluff-raise from a LAG?
I never really thought of using them on the river with a medium strength hand. I have used them for draws on earlier streets though.At higher levels could you also use it to involk a bluff-raise from a LAG?
the weak lead is one of my favorites... that is why I miss value sometimes because I think people are doing it to me. But it is a pretty rare play I have found.
As my buddy, Andy, is fond of saying..."Let's play a big one."
Jesus christ, how do you get people to play 3nd pair for their whole ****ing 200bb stack on a 4 straight board?I STRIVE to get people to play this bad against me.
I STRIVE to get people to play this bad against me.
Convince him to post the "78o calling 40BBs preflop" hand and a couple of other similar ones and you'll understand how he accomplishes these things.