2008 Pro Bowl

AFC OffensePos. Name TeamWR Randy Moss* New EnglandWR Reggie Wayne* IndianapolisWR Braylon Edwards ClevelandWR T.J. Houshmandzadeh CincinnatiOT Matt Light* New EnglandOT Jason Peters* BuffaloOT Jonathan Ogden BaltimoreOG Alan Faneca* PittsburghOG Logan Mankins* New EnglandOG Kris Dielman San DiegoC Jeff Saturday* IndianapolisC Dan Koppen New EnglandTE Antonio Gates* San DiegoTE Tony Gonzalez Kansas CityQB Tom Brady* New EnglandQB Peyton Manning IndianapolisQB Ben Roethlisberger PittsburghRB LaDainian Tomlinson* San DiegoRB Joseph Addai IndianapolisRB Willie Parker PittsburghFB Lorenzo Neal* San DiegoAFC DefensePos. Name TeamDE Jared Allen* Kansas CityDE Kyle Vanden Bosch* TennesseeDE Jason Taylor MiamiDT Albert Haynesworth* TennesseeDT Vince Wilfork* New EnglandDT Jamal Williams San DiegoOLB James Harrison* PittsburghOLB Mike Vrabel* New EnglandOLB Shawne Merriman San DiegoILB DeMeco Ryans* HoustonILB Ray Lewis BaltimoreCB Champ Bailey* DenverCB Asante Samuel* New EnglandCB Antonio Cromartie San DiegoFS Ed Reed* BaltimoreSS Bob Sanders* IndianapolisSS Troy Polamalu PittsburghAFC Special TeamsPos. Name TeamPunter Shane Lechler OaklandKicker Rob Bironas TennesseeKick returner Josh Cribbs ClevelandSpecial Teamer Kassim Osgood San Diego* = StarterNFC OffensePos. Name TeamWR Terrell Owens* DallasWR Larry Fitzgerald* ArizonaWR Donald Driver Green BayWR Torry Holt St. LouisOT Flozell Adams* DallasOT Walter Jones* SeattleOT Chris Samuels WashingtonOG Leonard Davis* DallasOG Steve Hutchinson* MinnesotaOG Shawn Andrews PhiladelphiaC Andre Gurode* DallasC Matt Birk MinnesotaTE Jason Witten* DallasTE Chris Cooley WashingtonQB Brett Favre* Green BayQB Matt Hasselbeck SeattleQB Tony Romo DallasRB Adrian Peterson* MinnesotaRB Marion Barber DallasRB Brian Westbrook PhiladelphiaFB Tony Richardson* MinnesotaNFC DefensePos. Name TeamDE Aaron Kampman* Green BayDE Patrick Kerney* SeattleDE Osi Umenyiora N.Y. GiantsDT Kevin Williams* MinnesotaDT Pat Williams* MinnesotaDT Tommie Harris ChicagoOLB Julian Peterson* SeattleOLB DeMarcus Ware* DallasOLB Lance Briggs ChicagoILB Lofa Tatupu* SeattleILB Patrick Willis San FranciscoCB Al Harris* Green BayCB Marcus Trufant* SeattleCB Terence Newman DallasFS Sean Taylor* WashingtonFS Ken Hamlin DallasSS Darren Sharper* MinnesotaNFC Special TeamsPos. Name TeamPunter Andy Lee San FranciscoKicker Nick Folk DallasKick returner Devin Hester ChicagoSpecial Teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo Chicago* = StarterDallas got 11 people, 3 more than the 2nd place team. (Patriots)There are 3 rookies.One dead guy.Jacksonville was ignored although the Jaguars are 10-4 and on the verge of clinching a playoff spot in the AFC. So were all four teams in the NFC South, plus Detroit and the New York Jets.No Fred Taylor even though he has more yards than Joseph Addai... and he has a 5.1 average vs. Addai's 4.1 average.Thank goodness Roy Williams didn't make it. He is probably the most overrated defensive player in the history of the league.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Cribbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Braylon Edwards. I love Cribbs and it is awesome that the Browns got two players. Josh is flat out awesome. The reason why the Browns offense is good this year, is because Cribbs gives the Browns excellent field position-he is either returning it a long way or the other team is kicking it short so the Browns get good field position anyways. And Braylon-he is playing great this year-they are saying that he is having the best year as a Browns wide receiver.I thought Winslow had a shot to make the team-he is playing great, and I thought Joe Thomas had a chance. I am gald Anderson didn't make it because he is very overrated.What are your thoughts on Sean Taylor? I guess it's cool that he is a starter, but it is kind of weird.

blughTom Brady's good, but it's his support staff that's crossing him into Peyton Manning levels this year. Manning makes players famous.Yeah, I know, I'm the bitter one that Indy got the shaft in the lady luck department this season... we get itEdit: oh yeah hooray for Jeff Saturday, Peyton Manning, Joseph Addai, Reggie Wayne, and Bob Sanders.Sorry to Wes Welker and Dallas Clark even though Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez are consistently top picks. They should add one more WR/TE position that is filled with a slot receiver type tight end.

I'm a Steeler fan and all, but BEN FREAKIN ROETHLISBERGER?! in the PRO BOWL?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!Oh, and James Harrison is extremely deserving. I am very proud for him. I didn't think Troy was gonna make it because of his injuries/overall not his best season.

I thought Winslow had a shot to make the team-he is playing great, and I thought Joe Thomas had a chance.
Winslow isn't going to make a pro bowl until Gates and Gonzalez retire. The TE position is way too stacked in the AFC.
I'm a Steeler fan and all, but BEN FREAKIN ROETHLISBERGER?! in the PRO BOWL?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
Honestly who would've been your choice for 3rd? In case you didn't realize it Big Ben has more TDs than Peyton 29/28, less ints 11/13, and a better QB rating 100.5/95.2, and a higher completion % 64.7/63.6. Peyton crushes him in yards but has thrown 80 more times. Imagine those numbers if he had a line.Ben is clearly without a shadow of a doubt the 3rd best QB in the AFC this season.

i think Colston along with F Taylor were snubbed Colston should easily replace holt or driver. more catches, tds, and yards then the both of them. I mean driver has 2 freaking TDs Colston has 9

i think Colston along with F Taylor were snubbed Colston should easily replace holt or driver. more catches, tds, and yards then the both of them. I mean driver has 2 freaking TDs Colston has 9
Driver was rewarded for Green Bay's success, though I think Jennings has been their better receiver this year for them. He has less catches and yards than Driver, but he does more per reception and gets more yards after the catch, not to mention 10 more touchdowns and getting into the end zone should mean something.
As a general rule Pro Bowlers get snubbed in the 1st year they deserve it and 1 year after they no longer deserve it.
I don't think that rule applies to Taylor as he has been snubbed like 5x
Thank goodness Roy Williams didn't make it. He is probably the most overrated defensive player in the history of the league.
With #2 being Urlacher.
And Braylon-he is playing great this year-they are saying that he is having the best year as a Browns wide receiver.
Wow, he's the smartest kid in the retarded class! YAAAAAAAAY for him!
Honestly who would've been your choice for 3rd? In case you didn't realize it Big Ben has more TDs than Peyton 29/28, less ints 11/13, and a better QB rating 100.5/95.2, and a higher completion % 64.7/63.6. Peyton crushes him in yards but has thrown 80 more times. Imagine those numbers if he had a line.Ben is clearly without a shadow of a doubt the 3rd best QB in the AFC this season.
I'm not a very big fan of Ben, personally. And if you've ever met him, and not just seen him on TV or from a distance when there are cameras present, you wouldn't be a big fan either.
David Garrard, anyone?? Only 2 INTs the whole season.....
He's Brett Favre man. Take away his arms and legs and he's still the best torso in football.
Romo OBV has had the better individual/team success, compared to Favre. i just dont understand how the committee works sometimes.
HOw does Favre get the start and not Romo?
Well it's not like Favre has had a bad year, it's the best he has played in the last 5-6 years easily. Add in that he has been breaking nearly every record of Marino's this season and the start is a nod to his lifetime achievements in the game as well as his good play this year.And I'm a Cowboys fan who can't stand Favre.
I'm not a very big fan of Ben, personally. And if you've ever met him, and not just seen him on TV or from a distance when there are cameras present, you wouldn't be a big fan either.
Are we talking about asking him out on a date here? If not, I don't get your statement...