The Real Well!: Prtypsux (jc Alvarado)

I remember watching you, hoos, tmay, and others play in that ring game. It was ridic. There was like at least 10-15 people on that wait list.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually like the melting pot look/feel of the american team, kind of just sums up america IMO. but i do understand the frustration with what appears to be some interesting/shady talent acquisition. thats fifas fault though, cant get mad at the US for taking advantage of it :Panother reason i like the premiership is that it seems to have more african talent than other leagues. im a huge fan of essien, drogba, benjani and those guys.

I think it is better than the one Carlos hit. The angle of this one made the shot so much tougher.
i agree on the angle thing, but basically what roberto carlos did was take the difficulty of this shot and magnify it by another 20 yards. to hit the shot he did from that distance and with as much power and bend with the outside of his left is borderline impossible. this shot is super legit too, i just think that one is prob the greatest ever
i agree on the angle thing, but basically what roberto carlos did was take the difficulty of this shot and magnify it by another 20 yards. to hit the shot he did from that distance and with as much power and bend with the outside of his left is borderline impossible. this shot is super legit too, i just think that one is prob the greatest ever
YouTube link?

^^ Carlos' freekick is byfar the greatest IMO. Just watching it again now I didnt realise that clown Barthez was in goal :club: Seriously tho JC, you should watch some more English football. It is be far the most exciting and fast paced football league in the world.

I'm a white americanI hate soccerMy mother in law is mexicanMy wife is 1/2 mexicanMy son is 1/4 mexicanHe got this for Xmas from my mother in lawk_MEX1032.jpgHow should I feel about this?
go buy him a us ball and teach him about american pride!!!
go buy him a us ball and teach him about american pride!!!
AKA...football, basketball or baseball
I'm not taking anything away from Roberto Carlos as that was a brilliant shot. But if you really think about it, that shot is so much easier straight on in front of the goal as opposed to the sick angle of the other one. The technique to hit a ball with the outside of the foot and get it to curl is really not that difficult (not that I can do it well at all) and many players are able to do it. Also, consider the difference in the technology of the balls. The balls, from when Carlos hit his free kick, are so much lighter, smaller, and more prone to curl and bend than when the other guy(forget his name) hit his.
and about the premier league, I don't think it's boring I just think it's the type of league where you need someone to root for in order to enjoy it.
I think if anyone just watched the Chelsea v. Aston Villa match they would disagree with this statement. Great match for anyone to watch.
I think if anyone just watched the Chelsea v. Aston Villa match they would disagree with this statement. Great match for anyone to watch.
Hoping to catch a replay of this, was watching the mighty Yids obviously. 5-1 :club:
Ever folded kings PF?Will you ever fold kings PF?
I never have, not that I wouldn't...I just never have because I play too many hands and get played back at too often to fold KK PF, also the way I play I rarely put myself in a tough spot w/ KK before the flop if I have a semi deep stack..
I never have, not that I wouldn't...I just never have because I play too many hands and get played back at too often to fold KK PF, also the way I play I rarely put myself in a tough spot w/ KK before the flop if I have a semi deep stack..
I would love to hear more about this last statement...obv without giving away your farm, what do you mean "rarely put myself in a tough spot with KK before the flop" ..?thanks again for this attention to FCP!!!J
I would love to hear more about this last statement...obv without giving away your farm, what do you mean "rarely put myself in a tough spot with KK before the flop" ..?thanks again for this attention to FCP!!!J
I flat call a lot preflop, so it creates most tough spots on the flop, rather than before, but once the flop is out even AA gets cautious a lot of the time, so I might be able to showdown cheap vs AA or get the max value from a hand like QJ....The times I do reraise, it's pretty much the only move, like if a guy as 30bb's and raises 3 bbs, I make it 10 or 9 and when he ships I'm getting massive odds to where its pretty much an instacall...so I if I get coolered that's just the nature of the game. I don't think theres many people out there who can lay down KK correctly with 30bb's behind. I don't get myself in spots usually when I have 100bb's and a guy 3x's I make it 9 and he makes it 25k or whatever, I just avoid those situations by flatting. Of course sometimes it backfires.
I'm not taking anything away from Roberto Carlos as that was a brilliant shot. But if you really think about it, that shot is so much easier straight on in front of the goal as opposed to the sick angle of the other one. The technique to hit a ball with the outside of the foot and get it to curl is really not that difficult (not that I can do it well at all) and many players are able to do it. Also, consider the difference in the technology of the balls. The balls, from when Carlos hit his free kick, are so much lighter, smaller, and more prone to curl and bend than when the other guy(forget his name) hit his.
i agree with you on the idea of the ball however you are wrong on the technique. i still play competitively (cal poly club team ftw) and hit a lot of free kicks. the technique behind the roberto carlos one is literally impossible. to hit the ball as hard as he did from that distance with that much bend and precision is insane. the other one is tough but doable, because of the fact that you dont need the same amount of power and it is more on the technique side, esp with the positioning of the goalie where he was. its a real tough shot but really in my mind roberto carlos' shot is one of a kind
nonot for me at least..
OMG and all this time I've been trying to find a shirt with your name on it and now I find out I can't be a groupie??? How bout a stalker? LOL And yes, I will be there LOUD AND PROUD when you take down the WPTWC in April 2008!!! Guess I need to go ahead and start my JC Alvarado fan page.........