Dear Ouch 8-s

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Ouch-8s,What's your take on this screen cleaner, especially for laptops?Sincerely,Speedz99
i think it looks pretty ineffective - probably leaves streaks.

How do you size pictures for uploading here, to the forums? Every damn time I upload a picture, I get a teeny-weeny limp little thumbnail, and everyone else has virile and mighty full-size shots. What am I doing wrong?I'm going to try it now. If it uploads large enough to see, never mind me. If it's a thumbnail, I'm still confused.post-30772-1204680418_thumb.jpgYup, still confused.

How do you size pictures for uploading here, to the forums? Every damn time I upload a picture, I get a teeny-weeny limp little thumbnail, and everyone else has virile and mighty full-size shots. What am I doing wrong?I'm going to try it now. If it uploads large enough to see, never mind me. If it's a thumbnail, I'm still confused.post-30772-1204680418_thumb.jpgYup, still confused.
How are you doing that? Don't you just click the little icon above the text entry window and paste the URL? What is all this "attachment" stuff?EDIT: Oh, I see, you use that attachment stuff below? Use the things above, the sixth thing over in the second row.

Let's say I have a string like "Today is beautiful". I want to write a program in java that will remove the spaces from said string, only it should be generalized to work for all strings. Would this code be correct(assuming the string has been input by the user and has been stored under a variable s):int i;String t = "";for(i=0; i<s.length; i++){if(s.charAt(i) != ' '){t=t+s.charAt(i);}}

Let's say I have a string like "Today is beautiful". I want to write a program in java that will remove the spaces from said string, only it should be generalized to work for all strings. Would this code be correct(assuming the string has been input by the user and has been stored under a variable s):int i;String t = "";for(i=0; i<s.length; i++){if(s.charAt(i) != ' '){t=t+s.charAt(i);}}
Easier way:Re: To remove the blank spaces from string String s = "Test Test Tes t"; System.out.println(s.replaceAll(" ", "");prints TestTestTestIn other words, use the String .replace function to replaceAll with nothing.
How are you doing that? Don't you just click the little icon above the text entry window and paste the URL? What is all this "attachment" stuff?EDIT: Oh, I see, you use that attachment stuff below? Use the things above, the sixth thing over in the second row.
That's the problem, though -- it's not a website. It's a picture from the "My Pictures" folder in Windows. Or, it's one picture from a website where the pic I want is one of a string of dozens of pictures, and I don't want to send people to a page like that with no idea what they're supposed to see there.What do I do in those cases? I can't right-click copy and paste, 'cause I've tried that. Can I take out the "http://" and paste in the pathway to the Pictures directory on my laptop??? I didn't think that would work.Thanks, though.
That's the problem, though -- it's not a website. It's a picture from the "My Pictures" folder in Windows. Or, it's one picture from a website where the pic I want is one of a string of dozens of pictures, and I don't want to send people to a page like that with no idea what they're supposed to see there.What do I do in those cases? I can't right-click copy and paste, 'cause I've tried that. Can I take out the "http://" and paste in the pathway to the Pictures directory on my laptop??? I didn't think that would work.Thanks, though.
Get a free photobucket account (or one of several similar services). Upload your image there. Link to it with the image button.
Easier way:Re: To remove the blank spaces from string String s = "Test Test Tes t"; System.out.println(s.replaceAll(" ", "");prints TestTestTestIn other words, use the String .replace function to replaceAll with nothing.
Thank you sir. My teacher has not yet given us the String.replace method. The only ones we have are length, charAt, indexOf, and substring.
Thank you sir. My teacher has not yet given us the String.replace method. The only ones we have are length, charAt, indexOf, and substring.
In that case he probably wants you to do it the way you showed before, but replaceAll is sooooo much easier and clearer.
Get a free photobucket account (or one of several similar services). Upload your image there. Link to it with the image button.
Let's see if it works...Nope, I get this:THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUNDSorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowedAny fixes for that? Thanks for the help!

Testing, one, two...HOLY CRAP, IT WORKED!!!study-for-the-head-of-echo-1903.jpg

to all my guest columnists: thanks the help.to SB: thanks for the boobs.i think i'll make it a requirement to post boob pix to get answers from now on.

dear ouch8s,i want to learn how to program computers. i know BASIC, but little to nothing about object oriented programming. where do i start? do you recommend a book?love,checky

dear ouch8s,i want to learn how to program computers. i know BASIC, but little to nothing about object oriented programming. where do i start? do you recommend a book?love,checky
post boob pix to get answers from now on.
Dear Ouch I need helping using googles to find better boob pictures.
what, did you intentionally google for people with klinefelter's?

Dear Ouch,Anytime I try and watch youtube videos or other flash videos online, they are way too dark. The monitor is set up correctly. I tried adjusting the video overlay but that didn't do anything - I guess flash doesn't use the overlay? How can I brighten them up so they are watchable?Hugs and kisses, Ouchimage1si7.jpg

Dear Ouch,Anytime I try and watch youtube videos or other flash videos online, they are way too dark. The monitor is set up correctly. I tried adjusting the video overlay but that didn't do anything - I guess flash doesn't use the overlay? How can I brighten them up so they are watchable?Hugs and kisses, Ouchimage1si7.jpg
Crap. Wrong account.
to all my guest columnists: thanks the help.to SB: thanks for the boobs.i think i'll make it a requirement to post boob pix to get answers from now on.
Least I could do. Seems like a fair trade for useful advice.