Second Annual F C P - W S O P Golf Outing Thread

I can proudly say that I counted every one of my strokes on that hellacious back nine. While others were enjoying their round, I was hacking my way through the desert, often three feet at a time. If I remember correctly, I shot 69 on the back (My final score was something like 43-69).

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately ok. Last year I was so bad, I didn't even golf the last 3 or 4 holes. Josh and I just drove around on the golf carts. (he didn't quit because he sucked though (even though he did suck) he quit because he was in pain (because he's a girl)).
We didn't just drive around in golf carts. We threw our balls onto the green when we got close and putted from there. That's how we only got pars and bogeys to end the round. Also i wasnt just in pain, i threw my back out or something because i went from at least hitting the ball in the air to swinging and missing after my "injury".
and dealing with the stalin of course masters
lol you shoulda asked him about his japanese bathhouse ww2 stories
I can proudly say that I counted every one of my strokes on that hellacious back nine. While others were enjoying their round, I was hacking my way through the desert, often three feet at a time. If I remember correctly, I shot 69 on the back (My final score was something like 43-69).
you sir, are a very honest man.i salute thee, altho my back nine 62 means i'm a better golfer.

as long as round trip tickets stay the same from calgary-vegas, im in. was going t play the first 1500nl anywho, might as well show all you donks up with my mad drinking/golf skilllsill bring my 15 handicap(s) with me!

I am gonna try my hardest to get out for this. It'll be a pain in the ass to bring my clubs on the plane, but we'll see.
RENTALS FTW! They were new Callaways...(and this is all for fun anyway).
as long as round trip tickets stay the same from calgary-vegas, im in. was going t play the first 1500nl anywho, might as well show all you donks up with my mad drinking/golf skilllsill bring my 15 handicap(s) with me!
BRING IT!
okay, so i need to set the record straight. last year i'd been up all night drinking before the 8am(ish) t-time. i cracked the first beer on the course before the first tee, bet that i couldn't make the fairway and did. on the front i drank 5 or 6 beers and still managed a legitimate 46 (this included balloonguy yelling at me in the middle of a 3 foot birdie putt and causing me to miss).where i fell apart was the back 9. loaded with more beers, facing a tougher 9, and dealing with the stalin of course masters i crumbled like jenga. i lost the same fairway bet off the 9th. if i'd managed to keep a ball on a single hole and shoot all of them (i happily took over sole cart duty on the 14th or 15th) i might have managed a 70 or 80 on the back. i had nerves of steel and was in the zone. when i nearly flipped the cart off a ledge and killed me and jamie (checkymcfold) i didn't even flinch. i was cool as ice and was totally on my game. that's how strong my game was at that point.this year the hot-dog girl's number is as good as mine.after the game i still managed to beat BG out of a benjamin in liars poker, and i didn't lose at credit card roulette. cliff notes: king of the world!
First off, you would have missed that putt anyway. You stood over it for like 3 minutes. There was no way you had a remote chance of putting straight after that long of a look.Second off, I can honestly say beyond a shadow of minute doubt, I never once yelled while you were putting.But I know who did...I will be bringing marked $100 bills for you next time
Your honesty was memorable, plus it allowed me and HFactor a chance to take short cat naps after our drives till we were away again.
15 huh?You and I need a prop bet since I'm a 16 and am willing to give you the stroke since I will have my fitted clubs and you will be playing rentals.I already am voting for Obama, so I think signature are at stake
Missed out last year. In. I took 3 weeks off work to screw around in Vegas.
And now officially in. Might be bringing a 2nd, if he can get the time off. DON'T GAMBLE ON GOLF WITH HIM- Dude is a scratch golfer.
A back nine I sure soon won't forget. It must have been all of the smoke downwind from BG.
Yea, Leftygolfer played them and he played really really...wait, maybe not.
No...that crappy round I played was with my own clubs. Not sure if they had lefty rentals.
The V runs a deep stack about every six months so one in February and probably another one in October. Back to your regular programing.
The V will run the deep stacks this feb and then in June like last year....just as an FYI...it was announced a couple of months ago here: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/11/2008...xtravaganza.htmok, back to golf......
The V will run the deep stacks this feb and then in June like last year....just as an FYI...it was announced a couple of months ago here: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/11/2008...xtravaganza.htmok, back to golf......
I actually called The Venitian a couple weeks ago to see if they had a schedule yet with dates and they said it will be released during or right after the Feb. events.
  • 2 weeks later...

I was really excited about coming out for this event but now I am a possible as a job opputunty came up that might be too good to pass up. If I take it, which I will know in the next couple weeks, I doubt I will be able to go unless I tell them I have it already planned and cannot get a refund. I'll keep you updated.

I was really excited about coming out for this event but now I am a possible as a job opputunty came up that might be too good to pass up. If I take it, which I will know in the next couple weeks, I doubt I will be able to go unless I tell them I have it already planned and cannot get a refund. I'll keep you updated.
No sweat. Gonna guess that his will happen a few more times to other folks before the fateful day arrives. :club:

does someone have a free spot in a house/is someone nice enough to let me sleep on their hotel room floor for 2-3 days at the end of may for this? we got a house, but couldn't move in until june 1. :club: navybuttons and gilbertology will have the same issue fwiw.

does someone have a free spot in a house/is someone nice enough to let me sleep on their hotel room floor for 2-3 days at the end of may for this? we got a house, but couldn't move in until june 1. :D navybuttons and gilbertology will have the same issue fwiw.
Im Bills Gamblin Hallin it from Wed night thru Tuesday, you can crash there if u want big guy. gonna have a full house though...and sorry, it's a non smoking room too :club:
Im Bills Gamblin Hallin it from Wed night thru Tuesday, you can crash there if u want big guy. gonna have a full house though...and sorry, it's a non smoking room too :club:
can we cuddle? :D
does someone have a free spot in a house/is someone nice enough to let me sleep on their hotel room floor for 2-3 days at the end of may for this? we got a house, but couldn't move in until june 1. :club: navybuttons and gilbertology and troyomac will have the same issue fwiw.
FYPWhy don't the 4 of us just rent a room?