Fcp - Pokerstars Challenge #3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you Reg for the free roll?
There is no freeroll for this challenge. This challenge is in 3 parts:1. For each player that:a) Registers at http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/pokerstars-challenge.php by Friday, and b ) Plays in the 2 December $10+1 Hundred Grand at Pokerstars (3:30 pm ET),Pokerstars will donate 1/5 of an extra seat (Bob, you may want to clarify what will happen if it's not an even multiple of 5. Do we just lose out on the remainder, or is it a straight added $2.20 per person?) to the Hundred Grand on the 9th in the2. $2+.20 FCP Satellite to the 9 December Hundred Grand held on 8 December at 3:30pm (ET).3. Winners of seats in that profit in the 9 December Hundred Grand.

So let me get this straight....Spend $10+1 so you can spend $2.20 for a chance to win $10+1??Correct me if im wrong but isnt this pretty -EV?

So let me get this straight....Spend $10+1 so you can spend $2.20 for a chance to win $10+1??Correct me if im wrong but isnt this pretty -EV?
Of course you could cash in the 100k? That would be +EV.
Of course you could cash in the 100k? That would be +EV.
18000+ entrants is +EV? Ill save my 13.20 and take a shot at Hubble's nl freeroll makes just about as much sense. I just dont get what the point of the promotion is? Even if you win the 2.20 sat. your still just winning a 1 in 10000 shot at making any money? If your gonna play it the promotion or the extra seats arent gonna change your mind. "Yes i am now gonna enter the 10+1 because if i do i can enter a sat. to win another seat in one" Maybe its just me but seems like a pretty weak promotion compared to the first one.
18000+ entrants is +EV? Ill save my 13.20 and take a shot at Hubble's nl freeroll makes just about as much sense. I just dont get what the point of the promotion is? Even if you win the 2.20 sat. your still just winning a 1 in 10000 shot at making any money? If your gonna play it the promotion or the extra seats arent gonna change your mind. "Yes i am now gonna enter the 10+1 because if i do i can enter a sat. to win another seat in one" Maybe its just me but seems like a pretty weak promotion compared to the first one.
if 18k+ entrants wasn't +ev, i doubt you'd see so many big online names playing it. and it seems like a pretty popular tourney on fcp, so tying into it with a promotion really isn't that bad of a strategy. if you never play it, then the promo isn't for you & you wait for the next, no biggie.if i wasn't working 7 days a week i'd be playing this every week.
Also, I want to urge all real money players at FCP to register as everybody who plays any real money at all other than Platinum Stars and above will benefit from the 4th and final challenge that we'll be releasing next week.
Please let this mean I get Platinum star status for the month of December and not that I just get entry to the VIP freeroll. Oh and I was planning on playing my first 100 grand tourney sometime soon anyway, may as well be this week, (if I can be bothered getting up at like 4 in the morning that is)
Here's how I look at this promotion.A lot of members have had a lot of fun in the forum in the past with the Sunday Hundred Grand tournament by drafting teams and backing each other etc. This is just a fun way to add a little something extra to an event that a lot of FCPers are taking part in. It isn't a promotion that will appeal to everybody but hopefully we can have some fun in the forum during all three tournaments. I'll be giving away more of Matt's hats for example and to win them you'll have to be in the forum and in the tournaments when they're running.The more people who play in the first tournament next Sunday the more money Poker Stars will be adding to the FCP only $2.20 satellite. For every 5 entries in the Hundred Grand next Sunday Poker Stars will add $11 to the satellite prize pool or one seat, they are the same thing.Yes, some people who you may not consider true FCPers will find out the password for the satellite but since it still takes real money to enter those numbers will be pretty small. Also, all those people who registered for the freerolls and free $10 will count towards our totals for getting the added seats if they play next Sunday. To restrict the entries for the satellite in any way other than password just isn't going to happen as it would require an amount of work for Poker Stars that they aren't going to do for a small promotion.Also, I want to urge all real money players at FCP to register as everybody who plays any real money at all other than Platinum Stars and above will benefit from the 4th and final challenge that we'll be releasing next week.
Thankyou Bob. :club:
if we registered for the first challenge, were in all three correct? sorry if this has been brought up before
Not totally correct, if you registered once you are in for all 4 challenges.

I'm sure most of you guys already know this, but it is fairly easy to get into the SHG through the $2.20 satellites that run every hour or half hour. Almost 1 out of every 5 gets an entry, so you only have to get one double up or so and sit tight to the end really. So it doesn't have to cost $11 to get in it this week at least.

Im not trying to take away from Bob and FCP for their effort on these promos. They are appreciated, i just dont get why pokerstars is being so cheap about it. I mean DN is a member of team pokerstars, these are his forums and his site, and all PS is willing to pony up is a couple extra seats for a 2.20 sat. Pokerstars makes millions daily, you would think that they would be willing to make it somthing interesting.Anyways im not trying give the wrong idea, Bob and FCP do a great job, i just think pokerstars should stop being so cheap.

Im not trying to take away from Bob and FCP for their effort on these promos. They are appreciated, i just dont get why pokerstars is being so cheap about it. I mean DN is a member of team pokerstars, these are his forums and his site, and all PS is willing to pony up is a couple extra seats for a 2.20 sat. Pokerstars makes millions daily, you would think that they would be willing to make it somthing interesting.Anyways im not trying give the wrong idea, Bob and FCP do a great job, i just think pokerstars should stop being so cheap.
Ben, by the time this promo is over I estimate Poker Stars will have spent around $7500 plus the time and effort to process things.You don't like the third challenge but the players who take part will have a good time with it which is what it's designed to do. Did you even read what I wrote earlier in this thread ?If I sound a bit annoyed I am as attitudes like yours really get under my skin. Don't be so narrow minded and look at the promotion as a whole. Would you have preferred if we only had 3 challenges and didn't have this particular one ?
Ben, by the time this promo is over I estimate Poker Stars will have spent around $7500 plus the time and effort to process things.You don't like the third challenge but the players who take part will have a good time with it which is what it's designed to do. Did you even read what I wrote earlier in this thread ?If I sound a bit annoyed I am as attitudes like yours really get under my skin. Don't be so narrow minded and look at the promotion as a whole. Would you have preferred if we only had 3 challenges and didn't have this particular one ?
I just finished saying my comments had nothing to do with you. Anyways im not gonna argue about it it is what it is.I apoligize that my point of view gets under your skin.You efforts are appreciated and im sure it will be a great promotion.Have fun

Thanks Bob, FCP and Pokerstars for this promotion. Every little bit helps when you suck at poker like me :club: . Its nice that Pokerstars is showing some recognition to FCP. I will definatly try to play the 100k on sunday but work might conflict.TY appreciate the effort.

I just finished saying my comments had nothing to do with you. Anyways im not gonna argue about it it is what it is.I apoligize that my point of view gets under your skin.You efforts are appreciated and im sure it will be a great promotion.Have fun
We're good Ben, I'm sorry that I personalized my comments to you.I just hope that everybody views the entire promotion and doesn't just look at the third challenge and say " Stars is cheap since they'll only end up giving us an extra $150 in value."
That peaks my interest for promotion #4! While I won't be able to participate in #3 (at least not playing this sunday to help the numbers), I do appreciate the overall efforts and can see how #3 would be somewhat beneficial and fun for those that get to participate.ps. Those griping should remember that PokerStars spends a lot of money on advertising and on all of their "Team PokerStars Members", just because they bring in millions per day doesn't mean they profit millions each day. After all, the FCP promos are not the only ones they run. They are always having freerolls that are restricted to certain groups.
That peaks my interest for promotion #4! While I won't be able to participate in #3 (at least not playing this sunday to help the numbers), I do appreciate the overall efforts and can see how #3 would be somewhat beneficial and fun for those that get to participate.ps. Those griping should remember that PokerStars spends a lot of money on advertising and on all of their "Team PokerStars Members", just because they bring in millions per day doesn't mean they profit millions each day. After all, the FCP promos are not the only ones they run. They are always having freerolls that are restricted to certain groups.
I'm a gold star and with a normal amount of play I should benefit about $50 in value for the 4th Challenge. Gold Stars will benefit the most from the 4th challenge but anybody who is gold star or below and plays real money will gain from the 4th challenge.

Thank you Bob, FCP, DN and Pokerstars for all your work in putting this all together. It is appreciated more than you know.

Bob................mine is a joke bitch, so don't take it personally :D I'm now guessing that we will all be temporarily upgraded to platinum star for the month of December, which would be really nice.......except that I have busted my butt to try to make platinum this month (I have a few hundred more to go in 36+ hours :D ) so that I can maximize my FFP's so that I can buy Xmas presents with my points. And now, everyone else will get it for free.........Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That's my luck :club: Okay /bitch rant :D Bob, most of us do really appreciate everything that you do. A few weeks ago, we didn't know we'd be "getting" anything. I think it's pretty cool that you've been able to work this out with PStars. People need to realize that different promos are going to interest/benefit different members of FCP. I'm not free next Saturday for the $2.20, but who cares ? It's going to benefit someone..............and maybe they will be lucky/skilled enough to cash in the $100,000 That's pretty cool. I can be happy for that person even though I personally didn't "get" anything. Come on FCP.....don't look a gift horse in the mouth

I have to work this weekend but if some trustworthy people would like to send me their shark scopes and pm me some info I would be willing to stake an individual for the event to benefit FCP. (Stake details to be discussed in pm)(I know this is my first post but I've been reading for a couple weeks now :club: )