maybe he'll put up another 25.7 (-2.6 from season average), .405 FG (.054 Less than sa), 4.7 rebounds (1.6 Less than sa), 5 assist (.4 less than sa), 3.83 TO performance ( +.70), and get totally outplayed by paul pierce in clutch games again.
whatever, man.and i will grudgingly (im not sure if thats a word) admit that Lebron is the better player as of now. but in crunch time, I still want Kobe. See the Gold Medal game.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

whatever, man.and i will grudgingly (im not sure if thats a word) admit that Lebron is the better player as of now. but in crunch time, I still want Kobe. See the Gold Medal game.
Lebronclutch.jpg
Lebron would win all the events except the shotput and then Jadeki would say that you can't be the world's greatest athlete if you aren't a complete enough decathelete to win the shot put
I'll admit I laughed at this
big chart with fun stats
This would be relevant if Kobe was the one taking all the Lakers shots in crunch time, he isn't anymore. Funny what happens when you have a more balanced team. The Lakers are much more balanced offensively than the Cavs are whose idea of offense in a close game is to iso Lebron at the top of the key.LOL @ Manu being the second best 2 guard in the league. Can always count on Tskillz for comedic relief. Oh, Manu got passed up by Brandon Roy too...
NBA Efficiency1 Lebron James 29.8.........12 Kobe Bryant 24.1
I just jumped over to look at the latest rankings for this. Do you realize Shaq is ranked 12th in this statistic in the league right now? I'm pretty sure he is not one of the 12 best players in the game today.
I just jumped over to look at the latest rankings for this. Do you realize Shaq is ranked 12th in this statistic in the league right now? I'm pretty sure he is not one of the 12 best players in the game today.
yeah, I don't know where you're looking, but here's where I lookhttp://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Effic...tDD=All%20Teamsand he's like 26th.. which I'd say would be about right.

These efficiency ratings should find a way to incorporate defenses. I stumbled on a good piece on PER and its shortcomings. Case in point: Sam Cassell has a higher PER at 19.48 (career) than Isiah Thomas (18.10), Jason Kidd (18.86), the Glove (18.88), and Walt Frazier (19.12). Yeah, Sam Cassell is better than those hall of famers. Apart from the top 3 in the current rankings, everything else is distorted. Carry on.

These efficiency ratings should find a way to incorporate defenses. I stumbled on a good piece on PER and its shortcomings. Case in point: Sam Cassell has a higher PER at 19.48 (career) than Isiah Thomas (18.10), Jason Kidd (18.86), the Glove (18.88), and Walt Frazier (19.12). Yeah, Sam Cassell is better than those hall of famers. Apart from the top 3 in the current rankings, everything else is distorted. Carry on.
...proving my point from a long time ago. Sam Cassell is god.Carry on.

They say Isiah isn't even in the top 100 (all positions considered), which is really shocking since he is one of the greatest 50 players. Magic is ranked at 11th all time, the highest for any PG. Jordan's at #1, rightfully, but I'm kinda surprised they have David Robinson ahead of both Wilt and Kareem.

okay, the Hollinger rating is per minute, which again, I don't think that's too out of wack for Shaq. He's been extremely effective this season, minute for minute. He just doesn't play every day, and doesn't play whole games when he does play. I don't like, however, having two different definitions of efficiency rating. I don't even know what Hollinger's definition is. He needs to get to gether with NBA.com, and they need to agree what effecinecy rating means, or he needs to get a new name.
...proving my point from a long time ago. Sam Cassell is god.Carry on.
Touche.As for my chart, all I was proving was that you can't really say Lebron straight isn't clutch. Kobe's plenty clutch. I'd want him taking a last shot far, far more than Lebron and I think most people that think Lebron is the best player in the game today would say the same thing.The chart honestly is fairly meaningless, but it's because the sample is so small, and has nothing to do with which players are on what teams. That sort of stuff shouldn't affect Kobe except to increase it, since he would, in theory get better looks.I don't know if Cassell is better than all of those players or not, but I know for sure that Payton has been vastly overrated for much of his career. Like Cassell, he was a nice player. What makes him so much better than Cassell? An extra steal a game and a cool nickname?
I don't know if Cassell is better than all of those players or not, but I know for sure that Payton has been vastly overrated for much of his career. Like Cassell, he was a nice player. What makes him so much better than Cassell? An extra steal a game and a cool nickname?
He was the best ( or the second best next to Jordan) defending guard in the league for several years, that has to count for something.
He was the best ( or the second best next to Jordan) defending guard in the league for several years, that has to count for something.
I've heard stories. I was in grade school when he was in his prime, so it's hard for me to have an educated opinion on his defense. I mean, he looks nice on tape and stuff, but could he really take people out of their element ala Bruce Bowen? Was he truly a great defender, or just a good defender who also was a good offensive player, making his defense stand out more since it's rare to be able to do both? Not that that isn't a valuable commodity, cause it obviously is, I'm just genuinely wondering.
This would be relevant if Kobe was the one taking all the Lakers shots in crunch time, he isn't anymore. Funny what happens when you have a more balanced team. The Lakers are much more balanced offensively than the Cavs are whose idea of offense in a close game is to iso Lebron at the top of the key.
Oh yea i almost forgot...Kobe is taking more shots per 40 min of crunch time than Lebron.
I mean, he looks nice on tape and stuff, but could he really take people out of their element ala Bruce Bowen?
That's exactly what he was. And he toy'd with people's minds, fcked them up mentally with his non stop trash talk, not just locking him down physically.
That's exactly what he was. And he toy'd with people's minds, fcked them up mentally with his non stop trash talk, not just locking him down physically.
My memory is a bit blurred but am I too far out there to say that GP was one of the few that took it to Jordan (mentally and during the game) with no hesitation and no fear?
My memory is a bit blurred but am I too far out there to say that GP was one of the few that took it to Jordan (mentally and during the game) with no hesitation and no fear?
You'll get mocked for saying that around here. I agree with you though, have said similar things before.
I won't mock.. GP did as good against Jordan as anyone else did....
Which is to say at the end of the day Jordan still spanked him. He was a lock down defender though back with the Sonics. Ron Artest actually reminds me a lot of him, just in a bigger frame and with more mental issues.
Which is to say at the end of the day Jordan still spanked him.
exactly
He was a lock down defender though back with the Sonics. Ron Artest actually reminds me a lot of him, just in a bigger frame and with more mental issues.
Don't sell the glove short on mental issues, he isn't the tightest ship in the seas. If you threw a beer at the Glove, I'm sure the street would come out of him real fast too.