• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You didn't finish college, what's he supposed to think?

I remember Jalen Rose talking about taking money once. Like, people become outraged and act like it's a bunch of greedy assholes ruining the integrity of the game, but even if you have a problem with

LBJ > MJ

I was obv talking about last yr with Ginobili, pre ankle injury. When he won 2nd team all-NBA. He was only voted the 2nd best SG in the league by many people that write and watch the sport daily. DWade was hurt, Roy wasn't playing as well as he is now. Sigh.Wade looked good against Spurs. Is it he's the MVP because he carries his crappy team? Cuz I believe you told me many times Marion was MUCH better than Ginobili and a top 20 player in the league, lmfao. I also like how Wade closed the game by getting his shot pinned by Ginobs...I like Wade and you make me talk shit about him!

I was obv talking about last yr with Ginobili, pre ankle injury. When he won 2nd team all-NBA. He was only voted the 2nd best SG in the league by many people that write and watch the sport daily. DWade was hurt, Roy wasn't playing as well as he is now. Sigh.Wade looked good against Spurs. Is it he's the MVP because he carries his crappy team? Cuz I believe you told me many times Marion was MUCH better than Ginobili and a top 20 player in the league, lmfao. I also like how Wade closed the game by getting his shot pinned by Ginobs...I like Wade and you make me talk shit about him!
That doesn't mean what you think it means.Kobe two hand pinned a shot last night, Manu just blocked Wade's shot.
Wade has been superman this year. Everyone gets blocked sometimes....it was a nice defensive play by Manu. Does not compare to Wade blocking Brook Lopez from point blank earlier this week.Someone is probably going to get the Heat in the 1st round and it is not going to be a fun matchup. Crossing my fingers for Heat Cavs.

Mark Jackson during the game: "Moving without the ball that's what Doc Rivers says is the difference in Lebron James' game this year"Yo Jadeki!Jeff Van Gundy also said he was better right now than Larry Bird

Jeff Van Gundy also said he was better right now than Larry Bird
BwahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahano really....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My guess is they are both done for the night - Cavs played without their starting centerPaul Pierce 11 pts on 4-15 shooting with Lebron on his ass all night long!Lebron James 35 mins 38 points 6 assists 4 steals 3 blocks 9-9 from the line+/- +23!!!!!!!!!!!!tell me now about his flawsMVP!!!!!!!!

Bron: 38,7,6,4,3 in a romp over the oddly vulnerable Celtics.Wade: 41,7,5,3,1 in a OT win in Sacramento.MVP Watch:1a) Lebron1b) Wadealso receiving votes: everyone else.

The former part was played by the Boston Celtics, who were resorting to a Hack-a-Ben strategy past the midpoint of the period and refusing to knock it off -- even as the strategy was failing to cut into their deficit.It was during that sequence that LeBron James dribbled upcourt, approached the midcourt line and glanced to his left, knowing what was coming -- another intentional foul against Wallace. That's when the prophesy part came in, although LeBron was off by a split-second.Just after Wallace was grabbed, James tossed up a 40-footer that banked in. If he had timed it just a little better, it had a chance to be the rarest of four-point plays -- a 3 by one player, and the and-one by someone else."Body would have made the free throw, I made the 3. I planned it right on time, but they've probably never seen anything like that, so they didn't know what to do," James said.A telling stretch -- one that Boston coach Doc Rivers pointed to as the turning point of the game -- came midway through the third quarter. James sped in from behind and blocked Ray Allen's fast-break layup attempt, then turned it into a three-point play at the other end. After a timeout, Pierce had the ball isolated against James just inside the foul line but had already picked up his dribble, and he stood twirling on his pivot foot looking for help, the look on his face growing more beleaguered by the second as he realized none was coming. Pierce took a shot and missed, Cleveland turned it into two more transition points, and James then answered a Boston basket with his deepest 3-pointer of the night -- his deepest one that counted, anyway -- to put Cleveland ahead 69-58.It was never close in a fourth quarter that was highlighted by James stealing the ball from Pierce and then converting a one-on-two break with a left-handed underhand scoop shot, and the Hack-a-Ben strategy -- especially Rivers' refusal to abandon it when it was clear it wasn't having the desired effect -- really did seem pathetic as it continued past the point when it should have been abandoned.

1. LeBron James, Cavaliers. Because James is playing fewer minutes than usual, people might not realize what a historic season he's having. The decline in playing time has resulted in a dip in his per-game averages, but in terms of efficiency, he's never been better.In fact, one could argue nobody has ever been better.At 32.09 going into Friday's games, James is on pace to put up the best PER of all time. Yes, better than any of Michael Jordan's seasons (his 31.70 in 1987-88 is the current gold standard). We're halfway through the season now, so we can't just write it off to a hot start -- James has a serious shot at setting a new mark. He also is the lone star on the team that is No. 1 in the power rankings, tops in the Eastern Conference standings over the NBA champs and set to post one of the top all-time scoring margins (the Cavs currently are winning by 11.9 points per game; Jordan's 1995-96 Bulls and the 1971-72 Lakers were at plus-12.3). The Cavs also are the league's top defensive team, and James has been a huge part of the success there as well -- he is averaging 2.0 steals and 1.3 blocks, and has improved by leaps and bounds as an individual defender, as everyone saw when he shut down Paul Pierce in the showdown against Boston on Jan. 9. So while his team doesn't have the league's best record at the moment, and while James' scoring average is down nearly three points from last season, don't let it fool you. Both he and his team have posted a truly historic first half of the season, and if they keep it up for three more months, there's little doubt who will be the MVP.

Obviuosly we know where I stand on the issue, but I just want to reiterate how important looking at a broad sample size is and not just a couple of midrange shots against the Bulls that didn't fall. Those are fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things, an entire half a seasons worth of numbers is not.

Lebron's last second game winner -- mehBen Wallace's 20 footer with the shot clock about to run out - F-ing AMAZING!
DIASFFUAlso, **** U DON NELSON CHRIS MULLEN MONTA ELLIS I HATE THE ****ING WARRIORS BUT STILL LOVE THEM FOR SOME REASON!!!!! /rantincaps

Jesus Mo Williams destroyed the Blazers. I haven't seen someone run that hot in a while.And yeah, Lebron is so good we just kinda take him for granted at this point.

Lebron's last second game winner -- mehBen Wallace's 20 footer with the shot clock about to run out - F-ing AMAZING!
HAHA
I was a bit surprised to hear that was his 1st buzzer beater in his career. Anything to bring down Warriors fans is ok by me though.
That dude is so money it's not even funny.Why would Cleveland not pay him whatever he wants, to stay in 2010? I really don't understand the NBA salary structures that are making everyone so sure he will be going to the Knicks or whoever. Who would buy a Cleveland jersey if Lebron left? A blind retard?
That dude is so money it's not even funny.Why would Cleveland not pay him whatever he wants, to stay in 2010? I really don't understand the NBA salary structures that are making everyone so sure he will be going to the Knicks or whoever. Who would buy a Cleveland jersey if Lebron left? A blind retard?
Because, not only is there a hard salary cap, but there's also a max salary that a player can have. Now, as I understand it, the team that a player is already on can offer a slightly higher contract than any other team can ( I'm not sure the details, but it's not very much more), but basically, every team in the league that has the space, will be offering LeBron the same contract. So really, for a player like lebron, it comes down to, where does he want to play. If he plays in New York, the slightly smaller contract will be compensated by being the best athelthe in the biggest city in the country. It would, conservatively, up his marketing potential by at least 40 percent, and that in itself is worth signing with NYN. Added to the fact that D'Antoni's offense is pretty much the best thing possible for Lebron, is why most people think he will go there.