Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

Stafford - Ennis - Foligno haven't hurt either.17 goals, 21 assists, +32 in the last 9 games.30 different players have scored a goal for the team this year too.
Ennis the Menace reminds me more and more of Danny Briere every game...he's so damn crafty with that puck and for a little guy it's impossible to get it away from him. Reminds me so much of Briere on those old Buffalo power plays where he would line up in the high slot, take the puck and play keep away from the defenders all the way up to the net. If he keeps this up I'm thinking we resolved our desperate need for a #1 center in-house.
Ennis the Menace reminds me more and more of Danny Briere every game...he's so damn crafty with that puck and for a little guy it's impossible to get it away from him. Reminds me so much of Briere on those old Buffalo power plays where he would line up in the high slot, take the puck and play keep away from the defenders all the way up to the net. If he keeps this up I'm thinking we resolved our desperate need for a #1 center in-house.
Agreed. He's been a revelation for the club.
does anyone think the sabres can pull this off? looks like they have a similarly tough schedule compared to the caps.
The Caps situation is theoretically tougher because they're playing teams that still have goals to achieve. Florida is playing for the Division title and the Rangers are playing for the Conference title. Buffalo plays Philly and Boston who are both locked into the playoffs and really have nothing left to play for, as evidenced by the fact that Boston is starting Khudobin in net tonight (Philly is starting Bryzgalov though). Essentially Buffalo has to win both games and Washington has to lose both, that's the only mentality the Sabres can carry. Buffalo has to beat Washington by a point to make it since the Caps hold the tiebreaker in hand.
Rangers have locked up #1 in the East, but they can still win the Presidents' trophy.
That's what I meant to say...they're still playing for something in their last game.
They're starting Biron tonight against the Pens, if that tells you anything. (Pens sitting Neal, Sullivan, Niskanen).
I honestly think Biron is a top five backup in the league, probably just keeping Hank fresh for the 1st round with the feeling that they can win or lose just the same with Marty in net.

Honestly, here's a good situation for me. Sabres beat the Flyers, this locking up home ice for the Penguins.Penguins can lose to the Rangers, since the game won't matter because I have the Flyers losing.Caps lose to the Panthers.This ensures that the Rangers have something to play for in the last game against Washington.

Honestly, here's a good situation for me. Sabres beat the Flyers, this locking up home ice for the Penguins.Penguins can lose to the Rangers, since the game won't matter because I have the Flyers losing.Caps lose to the Panthers.This ensures that the Rangers have something to play for in the last game against Washington.
That would all work very nicely for me. Sabres are totally must-win in both of their games and Washington has to lose at least once more. I'm almost as big of a Panthers fan tonight as I am a Sabres fan. I think Philly is the tougher game than Boston for the Sabres, Boston is coasting since they have nothing at all to play for, they're locked into the #2 spot. Philly can still technically get 4th place and home ice in the first round.
... Boston is coasting since they have nothing at all to play for ...
Tonight they are playing Ottawa; while neither team has anything to play for in the standings it will most likely be the first round matchup -- so some incentive there.

Yup, that's it...couldn't overcome the injuries to the backline. I would say nice run, but all it really was at the end of the day was a march out of elite draft position and into the very familiar #13 overall spot.

...the very familiar #13 overall spot.
Time to parlay some of those extra picks to move up? Deep enough draft to stock pile with the picks we have?
Time to parlay some of those extra picks to move up? Deep enough draft to stock pile with the picks we have?
With the steep dropoff in talent beyond #3 it's only worth using both picks to move up if you can get one of the top 3 teams to deal. I doubt anyone is giving up a top 3 pick for #13 and #25 overall, but if Roy is packaged into the deal they might. It would take a total blockbuster to move up and get one of the top guys.
  • 10 months later...

Cody McCormick has been waived

Adam, is this news?

Sigh.....YES. :( I hadn't heard that, and it sucks, he's one of my favorite Sabres. He probably won't get picked up, grind line forwards don't seem to be in very high demand at the moment. Good for the Amerks if he makes it that far, they could use the toughness and veteran leadership in addition to Matt Ellis who cleared waivers a couple weeks ago.

Cody is one guy who goes out there and busts his ass every single game and gives his all for the team and his teammates. Wish we could put his heart in any one of a dozen Sabres' skillsets.

Not really sure what this all means to be honest. Could be that Leino or Sekera is ready to come off IR, and could also mean they're clearing space to make a trade (Ryan O'Reilly?)

I dunno...I don't get it, and I'm sad to hear it, and it's not an answer. Getting rid of a team first guy who gets it is never going to be the answer, really. I have no idea what they're doing in Buffalo anymore....starting to feel very let down by Terry Pegula to be honest. Two years ago the man said all the right things, and he's had two years to right the ship that is only going further down by the wales. Sabres fans are very frustrated, I was at the game on Sunday and there were times when it was quieter during game action than it was during the anthems.

I can hear Jack Nicholson going off in the back of my head...."You weakened a country today Lieutenant Kaffee, that's all you did here today".

Good analysis..I listen to 550 WGR on my way to work , when the toronto stations get annoying and stop talking about the Leafs..Today one of the guys was like, its time Darcy...You need to fire Lindy Ruff...Not because he is a bad coach, but its time for a change. Seems like the team has too much talent for the way they are playing..

If you are going to make a big move though, wait till after the game on Thursday..We need a win..

The problem is that I don't think Darcy will fire Lindy, I think they're a package deal to the very end. I also think that Terry and Ted don't want to fire Darcy (which I agree with, he's been doing a very good job since Terry took over the team and took off the handcuffs...my only criticism of him is how stubbornly tied to Lindy he is) and that we'll have to suffer another couple years of ineffective coaching before something is done and they both head on down the road.

The problem is that I don't think Darcy will fire Lindy, I think they're a package deal to the very end. I also think that Terry and Ted don't want to fire Darcy (which I agree with, he's been doing a very good job since Terry took over the team and took off the handcuffs...my only criticism of him is how stubbornly tied to Lindy he is) and that we'll have to suffer another couple years of ineffective coaching before something is done and they both head on down the road.

Very similar situation in Toronto what happened IMO..Burke made some great moves, he was tied to Ron Wilson..Wilson's time expired in Toronto, he fired him too late when the season was not salvagable...

Doesnt mean Lindy Ruff is a bad coach...But Hall of fame coaches get fired too..Its something that needs to be done IMO..