Home Alone On A Saturday Night

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is great advice. Why don't we all give Him a try?!

even brvy somehow got a good job at some kind of school. university maybe. i guess jesus is the way.

This is probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

During this time didn't you get a law degree, bend your penis in half banging a coked up nut in a bathroom, and watch 4 and 1/13 seasons of Justified? There are at least 10 posters on this board who've squandered the last half decade a lot worse than that. At least one of them has spent it on Jesus, and not in a fun, manifesto-y way.

unfortunately that bathroom sex was just before the post about wasting time. that post was in may of 2009, right after that girl broke up with me. and that bathroom sex was clearly the short peak of a sad and lonely life.

I mean, that was 5 years ago. You felt it then. So, I ask you, are you better off now not having grown any balls and done anything that most men your age (or any age) consider fun and worth living? Probably not. So why not live a year like Costanza, or Jim Carey's Yes Man. Whatever your instinct, do the opposite. Never say no to an invite or experience (outside of something that will get you thrown in jail). Talk to women you normally wouldn't. Say things to them you normally wouldn't. Take risks on interviews you normally wouldn't. Apply for a job you'd love and think you can't get. Go to bars alone, get a buzz and chat some people up. Work 4 days a week on your golf game. Do push-ups and sit-ups in your room until you can do 100 and 200 in a row, respectively.

Anything, do anything, except sit home and watch tv shows you've seen

For the record Mexico, I really like you a lot. It's obvious you're a great dude that actually cares about people. I love that about you.

• Like 1

For the record Mexico, I really like you a lot. It's obvious you're a great dude that actually cares about people. I love that about you.

Thanks buddy, you're right, but my caring is wrapped in meanness.

****, SA, at this point you might as well try jesus.

This is great advice. Why don't we all give Him a try?!

• Like 3

I mean, that was 5 years ago. You felt it then. So, I ask you, are you better off now not having grown any balls and done anything that most men your age (or any age) consider fun and worth living? Probably not. So why not live a year like Costanza, or Jim Carey's Yes Man. Whatever your instinct, do the opposite. Never say no to an invite or experience (outside of something that will get you thrown in jail). Talk to women you normally wouldn't. Say things to them you normally wouldn't. Take risks on interviews you normally wouldn't. Apply for a job you'd love and think you can't get. Go to bars alone, get a buzz and chat some people up. Work 4 days a week on your golf game. Do push-ups and sit-ups in your room until you can do 100 and 200 in a row, respectively.

Anything, do anything, except sit home and watch tv shows you've seen

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one fat chick, Essay. Think of it like watching Justified. The first season or two aren't going to be that good, but you can still enjoy Goggins being awesome or Raylan's body count.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one fat chick, Essay. Think of it like watching Justified. The first season or two aren't going to be that good, but you can still enjoy Goggins being awesome or Raylan's body count.

did you just say season one and two of justified weren't that good? you couldn't have possibly.

I'm not worried at all. We have raylan and Boyd. I don't need any more.

I just started reading one of the books. Riding the rap. It's good. Weird how it's set in the 80s though. But good. They've taken almost all of it and used it on the show at some point though.

I've enjoyed this season. Thought it's been some of the funniest episodes. They did announce that next year is the last season, so they'll be wrapping things up slowly, and next season will be Art investigating Raylan, while the Raylan/Boyd showdown sets itself up. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I think I read all the stories the Leonard wrote. It usually sucks when you already have a preconceived idea of who a character is and what he looks like because of a show or movie, but it's tough to mind imaging Olyphant all the time. They're all quick reads too, and it's fun to blow through them.

• 3 months later...