Official Manu Ginobili Thread

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL officiating. This was the first game all season where I started thinking about the Donaghy situation. Ridiculous calls all night. And then Ginobs turnovers all game, but the Jazz focused on denying him the ball and Kirilenko played good D on him and bothered him. Also Ginobili probably should have ended with 10 assists and I bet it's closer to 3 in the stat book. Make a fucking layup you NBA scrub bitches.

Last night must have made you kill yourself. Nice knowing ya.
Yeah the Spurs really have an identity crisis right now. Duncan is not outplaying the big men he's playing against. They are trying to force feed him (which has worked for 10 yrs, so I have no problem with it) but it's taking the ball out of Manu's hands and putting it in Parker's too much. The Parker to Duncan game isn't gonna cut it. They don't know whether to go through Duncan or Ginobili when I think the answer is a simple go through both. They should be the first two options every play and when people lay off Parker he should get his. Instead Ginobili is sitting in a corner getting denied the ball and the Spurs seem content to play 4 on 4. They're going into the playoffs with no momentum and without a solid idea of how they want to win. I'm really worried about it, but, the good thing is, Duncan is a superstar and I believe Ginobs is too, so even if they do decide to just run through one of them (one time choose Ginobili!) I think that could be enough to bring them far.Honestly I think the Spurs matchup great against the Suns and I don't mind it. I really don't mind any matchup, the Spurs should be the best team in the West if they play well, IMO. The Lakers just aren't healthy enough, so they just need to get focused and start playing well./rant

From Bill Simmon's MVP column:5. Manu GinobiliGinobili's particularly unique impact this season defied any conceivable statistical measure until our friends at 82games.com unveiled "Clutch Stats" (fourth quarter or OT, five minutes or less, five-point margin or less) and "Super-Clutch Stats" (fourth quarter or OT, two minutes or less, three-point margin or less). In "Clutch" situations, the Argentinian (I love calling him that) averaged nearly a point a minute and shot 57 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3 and 93 percent from the foul line. In "Super-Clutch" situations, Manu was the third-best scorer (behind LeBron and Kobe) and shot a jaw-dropping 62 percent from the field. Throw in free-throw attempts and you could make a case that Manu was a lock to score seven out of 10 times in the last two minutes of every close game. There might be better players, but nobody's better with the bread in the toaster. Not even Kobe.

Nice post.It's cool they come up with stats for stuff that any real basketball player or fan can see. Ginobili has been and is straight up an elite player and game changer. Now that all these stats come out a lot of the naysayers have to hush up, but it has been plain to see to most high IQ basketball people that Ginobili is a flat out stud and has been for 4 years.

Nice post.It's cool they come up with stats for stuff that any real basketball player or fan can see. Ginobili has been and is straight up an elite player and game changer. Now that all these stats come out a lot of the naysayers have to hush up, but it has been plain to see to most high IQ basketball people that Ginobili is a flat out stud and has been for 4 years.
Except that those stats still don't account for things like how open he gets thanks to teams focusing on shutting down Duncan, but real basketball fans don't understand how good that guy is or what the cause and effect of double teaming a great post players does for the wingmen on the team.

WEEEEEE. Game winner on an off shooting day, Duncan played incredible, Parker played well in spots (important ones) but also had a few too many miscues. Ginobs needs to play better, supporting cast needs to play better too, but I'm happy about a 1-0 lead.

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching this series in shock. I would honestly not be surprised if the Hornets sweep anymore....Spurs looked completely overmatched in the first two games. Those were decisive, destructive wins. And as much as Tony Parker cant BE guarded by Nash.....he cant GUARD Chris Paul at all.To be honest, the only way the spurs turn this around is if Ginobli starts putting up 35/game. They are committed to double teaming Duncan so Manu has to be the guy to put the team on his back.

I am watching this series in shock. I would honestly not be surprised if the Hornets sweep anymore....Spurs looked completely overmatched in the first two games. Those were decisive, destructive wins. And as much as Tony Parker cant BE guarded by Nash.....he cant GUARD Chris Paul at all.To be honest, the only way the spurs turn this around is if Ginobli starts putting up 35/game. They are committed to double teaming Duncan so Manu has to be the guy to put the team on his back.
Yeah Parker is definitely hurting, he is relying on his outside shot (what outside shot?) so that sucks. I think the Spurs need to play a Ginobili, Finley, Barry, Thomas/Horry/Udoka, Duncan lineup. With Parker out there they need to pass at least twice to shoot a jumper, because he's not making it, and they don't have a backup PG that can shoot.Ginobili looked like shit at PG turning it over and the Spurs EXTENDED their LEAD during that time. I mean the Spurs got rolled in both games, but they are playing horrendous, maybe that's cuz NOH is that good, but I think it's at least as much that they are missing open shots. We'll see though, Paul is one quick under control dude.
BTW I'm leaning towards Lil Mac for the name. I loved Punchout, plus I think it's a cool name for a small dog.
LOL wrong thread. But I got a Chug puppy (combo of chiauhua and pug)Anyways....The All-NBA Third Team includes San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili and Houston’s Tracy McGrady at guard; Utah’s Carlos Boozer and Boston’s Paul Pierce at forwards; and Houston’s Yao Ming at center. Well deserved Ginobs.

Hi. Tony Parker. If you aren't going to fucking make the shot, can you please not jump on the ground and set up a fast break for the Hornets every play? Thanks.

Ginobs is carrying a lot of the load tonight. I'm depressed, they are playing their balls off and up just 4 points right now. Playing about as well as they can. Paul and these Hornets are freakin good.