Official Manu Ginobili Thread

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOWOWOWOWOW.That dunk on Yao was beautiful. Another solid game for Manu, but there goes the undefeated season. Houston could be tough all yr for the spurs, they have trouble matching up, especially when Bonzi is out there.
Saw the dunk finally, it was nice... Houston is the type of team that can beat them though, should be really scary that T-mac had a piss poor game and they still won.

Ginobili 18 points in the first half, played 6 mins in the second half and ended with 21 points.The rout was on.This Spurs team is off to way too good a start, hope they don't tucker out. Or at least break the regular season wins record :club:

He's a shoe-in for the 6th man award with the kind of numbers he's putting up.
I think it's hilarious he is considered a 6th man at all. It would be like Boston benching Pierce to play with the second unit just so he could be eligible for the award.If he was second string, wouldn't he be playing the second half of blow out wins?
I think it's hilarious he is considered a 6th man at all. It would be like Boston benching Pierce to play with the second unit just so he could be eligible for the award.If he was second string, wouldn't he be playing the second half of blow out wins?
I don't really care either. But if he is eligible it pisses me off that he doesn't win it. Barbosa? Please. Manu is 10x Barbosa.
Please no talk of the Spurs besides Ginobili in this thread.He's God.Here's game 1 stat line: 16pts, 8 assists, 5 steals, 3 rebounds.Also, I'll let you all look at his nice mix tape, making a in his prime Shaq look ridiculous many times.
Hi Booby.
I hate ginobli for seome reson i just cant put my finger on it
By career backup for Delfino I was also saying he's a backup for Arg too. I think he's super overrated with an inconsistent jumper (for a shooter) to compliment a less than full effort on D. He's pretty athletic though. I love Nocioni, he just doesn't start. Obv Nocioni and Ginobili are their two best players, but neither starts in the NBA.
Have you watched Delfino play lately? Ask the Raps fans here what they think of him. Every time I have seen him play, he plays solid defense and his jumper looked good to me. Ginobli is a starter, his coach has him on the bench cause he provides energy to the second unit. Nocioni has started in this league plenty, he is just on a team with a lot of front court players... he still logs starter type minutes most nights.
Have you watched Delfino play lately? Ask the Raps fans here what they think of him. Every time I have seen him play, he plays solid defense and his jumper looked good to me. Ginobli is a starter, his coach has him on the bench cause he provides energy to the second unit. Nocioni has started in this league plenty, he is just on a team with a lot of front court players... he still logs starter type minutes most nights.
Haven't seen Delfino in the NBA this yr. I watched him twice this summer for Arg. I just don't like him as a player overall, maybe he's improving. He's definitely not a leader, IMO. Something the Arg team desperately needed him to be this summer, but obv he's talented. I think he's better than Kapono if that's worth anything. The thing with the Arg team is they are all so feisty and get after it, Delfino, to me seemed not to be that kind of player. He plays a little too "pretty" for me.I love Nocioni and wish he or Deng would get traded so he'd get more minutes. I think he's a workaholic and plays the game right, last yr he was injured for like the whole season and that was depressing.Ginobili has starter talent (all-star talent IMO obv) but he plays backup minutes and doesn't start. He avgs like 28 mins/game (last yr, this yr it has been higher by a little) while Parker, Duncan, and Bowen routinely avg more minutes/game. Frustrating to the max.Besides that, Spurs are on fire this season so far, hope they stay healthy!

14-3. This is the best start that I can think of in recent history. It's kind of scaring me, they can't afford an injury to any of their three. I'd be super excited to see a Boston v SA or Orlando v SA finals. (I'm probably the only one)Ginobili 31pts last night. Might be his high for the season. His 3-ball is really consistent this year. I'm hoping he keeps his legs fresh so that he doesn't become jumpshot dependent. Other worries are that Barry starts playing like Barry and not like some kind of useful player, Finley has played poor most of the season, I'm okay with our Elson/Oberto rotation, Bowen is doing what he does. I'd like to see more out of Udoka to see what he has, I'm kind of sick of Bonner and think Horry is irreplaceable for that part of the team. Parker shooting 3's is annoying me! If his jumper was a little bit worse he'd be a better player IMO, he's shooting way more 3's this yr than ever in his career.Edit: And overall they're just old. I really wish that Barry/Finley/Bowen (at least 1 or 2 of the 3) were young up and coming players. I can see any of the Western strong teams beating the Spurs by exposing their lack of youth and athleticism. Maybe I'm seeing monsters in the closet.

Uh... Duncan who?
It would be funny to see Manu get traded, start somewhere else and wallow in obscurity because he doesn't have Duncan clearing out lanes and leaving him wide open for 3's thanks to the constant double teams he commands :club:
Uh... Duncan who? Ginobili 37 points 6 assists to beat the Mavs with him starting. He's so glorious.
It would be funny to see Manu get traded, start somewhere else and wallow in obscurity because he doesn't have Duncan clearing out lanes and leaving him wide open for 3's thanks to the constant double teams he commands :club:
Duncan was out, with knee and ankle problems. That's 37 points as the #1 option. Oh, and he dunked on Howard and Bass, which was just pretty.

This is going to look pretty damn similar. Game 2 with Duncan injured.Manu's stat line: 37points, 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, Spurs beat Jazz.Thank you Duncan for getting Ginobili all those easy looks. I know it's only been two games, but I think it's pretty clear that Ginobili accomodates his game for Duncan, whereas Parker's game is hugely complimented by Duncan.Two games with Duncan hurt, Ginobili is avg 37ppg, 6 assists, and 6.5 boards. That's against Dallas and Utah!

I wish he'd get called for a walk just once. While I'm here can I get a carry called on Parker one time?I'm sorry I actually like Ginobili, he's the only Spur I can even tolerate.
Parker bashing is welcomed whole-heartedly in this thread. I don't think Ginobili walks on his drives. LeBron is the worst in the league with that IMO. Parker carries a ton, basically every time he crosses over or tries to go through a double team he carries the ball.
Ginobili is by far better than the 36th player in the league.
You said Kobe shut him down, I wasn't watching closely enough to know. I just had the game on in the background while I was playing poker.36 better players.... it's close.Players I'd always take ahead of Manu.Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Shawn Marion, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Josh Smith, Pau Gasol, Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen, Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Dwight Howard, Josh Howard, Chris Bosh, Deron Williams, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala, Antawn Jamison, Gilbert Arenas, Richard Jefferson, Ron Artest Kevin Durant, Greg Oden.That's 35, and here are the guys I'd lump in with Manu as the second tier stars in the league.Rashard Lewis, Kevin Martin, Andrei Kirilenko, Al Jefferson, Michael Redd, Caron Butler, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Kaman, Jason Terry, Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace, Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, Brandon Roy, Emeka Okafor, Mike Miller, Al Harrington, Jason Richardson, Luol Deng, Leandro Barbosa, Kirk Hinrich, LaMarcus Aldridge, David West, Mehmet Okur, Andrea Bargnani, Ricky Davis, Corey Maggette, Ben Gordon, Tony Parker, Mo Williams, Raymond Felton, T.J. Ford, Lamar Odom, Zach Randolph, Peja Stojakovic, Richard Hamilton, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Jamaal Tinsley, Hedo Turkoglu, Jamal Crawford, Andrew Bynum, Mike Dunleavy, Stephen Jackson, Marvin Williams, Brad Miller
You said Kobe shut him down, I wasn't watching closely enough to know. I just had the game on in the background while I was playing poker.36 better players.... it's close.Players I'd always take ahead of Manu.Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Shawn Marion, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Josh Smith, Pau Gasol, Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen, Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Dwight Howard, Josh Howard, Chris Bosh, Deron Williams, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala, Antawn Jamison, Gilbert Arenas, Richard Jefferson, Ron Artest Kevin Durant, Greg Oden.That's 35, and here are the guys I'd lump in with Manu as the second tier stars in the league.
I took out the lumpers, cuz those are ridiculous. I'd guarantee not 1 GM in the NBA would take Brad Miller over Manu. I went ahead and put strikes through the people who don't have any merit of being on this list.
I took out the lumpers, cuz those are ridiculous. I'd guarantee not 1 GM in the NBA would take Brad Miller over Manu. I went ahead and put strikes through the people who don't have any merit of being on this list.
Are you really crossing off guys who are currently on the All NBA first team like Amare? Hall of Famer's like Iverson?Marion puts up all Manu's offensive numbers more consistently, rebounds better and actually plays GOOD defense... you are delusional and any rational NBA fan would agree with me.Every GM in the league would want those guys on the top of that list over Ginobili. He is a second tier star player in the league, he will never be a true number 1 on any team that is a serious playoff contender. It's great he is your favorite player, but you need a dose of realism. I can see you having a problem with me putting Durant and Oden on that list since they really haven't proven themselves yet, but everyone else on there is a huge impact player.
Are you really crossing off guys who are currently on the All NBA first team like Amare? Hall of Famer's like Iverson?Marion puts up all Manu's offensive numbers more consistently, rebounds better and actually plays GOOD defense... you are delusional and any rational NBA fan would agree with me.Every GM in the league would want those guys on the top of that list over Ginobili. He is a second tier star player in the league, he will never be a true number 1 on any team that is a serious playoff contender. It's great he is your favorite player, but you need a dose of realism. I can see you having a problem with me putting Durant and Oden on that list since they really haven't proven themselves yet, but everyone else on there is a huge impact player.
Marion is the most overrated garbage player in the league. No one wants him. The Spurs would absolutely not trade Manu for Marion, they'd be crazy too. He is a tweener, and can't score consistently in a half court offense. How can you think Ginobili is a product of Duncan, but think that Marion's success isn't from the best PG in the league? Who is Marion defending anyways? Raja is their shut down defender...on a team that perenially doesn't get defensive stops. So Marion scores more often on a team that scores way more often because of the up-tempo Nash style, yet his numbers are similar of those to Ginobili's? I'd venture to guess that he sees 20% more possessions to get those numbers in. Ginobili is 5th in the league in Efficiency/48 minutes. That's kind of like the most important stat in the league. (This was as of a week ago, I'm sure he's dropped a little)Who did AI get traded for again? GM's were just dying to trade solid players to the 76ers to get him....Amare, while better than Marion is still coming off injury and isn't as explosive as before. Amare from 3 years ago was one of the best players in the league. I still like him but he's been up and down this year.You consistently hate on Manu's defense, he is always near the top in the league at SPG (a stat that people don't like but it is what it is,) and he draws more charges than almost any player in the league. His help defense/team defense is amazing, he isn't a great 1 on 1 defender but he's certainly not someone other teams look to exploit.Comparing Marion (the 3rd player on a team that's never won anything,) is pretty funny...especially considering Manu is the leading scorer on the defending Champs that currently have a better record. Manu absolutely owns the Suns, Nash compares favorably to Parker, Duncan has been dominated by Amare, and yet somehow the Suns don't ever beat the Spurs in a playoff series...sigh.