Bodog's software is awful. I have frequent connection problems with Bodog if I have to many other programs open....especially if Pokertracker is running (and Absolute or PS or FT will keep running at the same time when Bodog disconnects.) I hate that Bodog is not compatible with pokertracker. Someone above mentioned that they like the last hand feature, but I find it hard to use it and scroll down to read it to check my opponent's cards if they mucked while I am multitabling. It's much easier to check the last hand feature at FT or Absolute.You can definitely still get rakeback at Bodog. Cobalt has a link to CuttheRake. My link is to RakeUpdate. There are quite a few rake back companies to choose from if you google rakeback and Bodog. You don't give up any money and you could give some free money to a fellow FCP'er by giving someone a referral to whatever site you choose. One thing to consider is that because Bodog does not allow transfers, you cannot get your Bodog rakeback applied back to your account. With Rakeupdate, I have it applied to my Fulltilt account. I've mentioned a lot of negatives. The are some great reasons to play at Bodog......easy money obviously leading the way. The low limit games are really soft. Many of the tourneys have overlays.Good luck with whatever you choose.

If their is one site that is rigged it is Bodog. It is the only site that I have not been a consistent winner at. I actually did a survey where I recorded every hand that was all in before the flop (1000 hands) and the worst hand won 49% of the time. If you can consistently make a significant profit there then I admire you.If you are looking for a new site I would try WPEX. They give 100% of your rake back every week. The software is very basic and there isn't a lot of traffic but it is a good site to play on.

I hate that Bodog is not compatible with pokertracker.
Pay $19 for Dogwatch Hand Grabber and it is. Their website is down. :club:
If their is one site that is rigged it is Bodog. It is the only site that I have not been a consistent winner at. I actually did a survey where I recorded every hand that was all in before the flop (1000 hands) and the worst hand won 49% of the time.
So it seems that the thing to do is semi-bluff all-in constantly. It's like printing money. Right?
So it seems that the thing to do is semi-bluff all-in constantly. It's like printing money. Right?
Exactly. Just go all in every hand and collect the dead money for the an edge when you aren't called.
If their is one site that is rigged it is Bodog. It is the only site that I have not been a consistent winner at. I actually did a survey where I recorded every hand that was all in before the flop (1000 hands) and the worst hand won 49% of the time.
What a huge sample. :rolleyes:Care to share their motivation for "rigging" it? I've been on Bodog since they opened the poker room...and I like the software...and have made fairly consistent profit.
What a huge sample. :rolleyes:Care to share their motivation for "rigging" it? I've been on Bodog since they opened the poker room...and I like the software...and have made fairly consistent profit.
I didn't say it was a huge sample or absolute proof. It is the kind of sample where you shouldn't need a million hands though. It's not like calculating how many times aces are dealt against kings or something that occurs rarely. If you flip a coin 1000 times it should randomize out fairely well. Why would they rig it it? I am not here to start another is online poker rigged debate but wouldn't it be in the sites interest for the bad players to maintain money in their account for longer? I was just giving my opinion of the site though.
I didn't say it was a huge sample or absolute proof. It is the kind of sample where you shouldn't need a million hands though. It's not like calculating how many times aces are dealt against kings or something that occurs rarely. If you flip a coin 1000 times it should randomize out fairely well. Why would they rig it it? I am not here to start another is online poker rigged debate but wouldn't it be in the sites interest for the bad players to maintain money in their account for longer? I was just giving my opinion of the site though.
var·i·ance /ˈvɛəriəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vair-ee-uhns]–noun1. the state, quality, or fact of being variable, divergent, different, or anomalous.
var·i·ance /ˈvɛəriəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vair-ee-uhns]–noun1. the state, quality, or fact of being variable, divergent, different, or anomalous.
Ok, Thanks.

The software is deadly awful though. A lot of times my aut fold from the previous hand stays on for the next hand. I've watched in horror as aa or kk folds on of my tables instantly pre flop. Ouch.SNGs there aren't really softer than elsewhere. Cash games are good which works for me.3 table cap sux huge

Another thing about Bodog - people there are insane with the smack talk. It's not uncommon for people to wish death upon you and/or family members and loved ones. In a $10 sit n' go. How is the chat at other sites? I used to get mad about it, but I've learned to pretty much ignore it and almost never type anything during a game.Except "**** off and die" after every single hand I lose. Or win.

Another thing about Bodog - people there are insane with the smack talk. It's not uncommon for people to wish death upon you and/or family members and loved ones. In a $10 sit n' go. How is the chat at other sites? I used to get mad about it, but I've learned to pretty much ignore it and almost never type anything during a game.Except "**** off and die" after every single hand I lose. Or win.
I like that you can get around the language filter on Bodog.

the smack talk's definitely over the top on bodog. Also, I wish there was a player search function, it would make life so much easier.What's your bodog screename/games played ryland? I'd like to know when I'm playing the legend.

I just recently started playing on Bodog but I must agree the cash games are soooft. Haven't tried out any SnGs tho. Is it just me or do they make it way to confusing to figure out the payout structure of an SnG?Anyway, I found the software to be horrible at first, but I guess it's just one of those things that you get used to because it doesn't bother as much now. If i could only increase the table size to full screen i'd be set.

I just recently started playing on Bodog but I must agree the cash games are soooft. Haven't tried out any SnGs tho. Is it just me or do they make it way to confusing to figure out the payout structure of an SnG?Anyway, I found the software to be horrible at first, but I guess it's just one of those things that you get used to because it doesn't bother as much now. If i could only increase the table size to full screen i'd be set.
It's just you :)It's at the top of the info window on the right hand side of the screen. I like how you can now click the right hand side of the screen and make the chat window disappear.