Toronto Media Are Buffoons

Apparently your knowledge of math is equivalent to your knowledge of hockey, sports wagering, and spelling....
You are scared that we are going to expose your employer for the phony that they are..The buffoons are going down..
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently your knowledge of math is equivalent to your knowledge of hockey, sports wagering, and spelling....
I will take you on in a math test any day..I was an Ontario Math champion in grade 12...If you are serious ill set it up...I doubt you finished past grade 7 remedial math...

We are getting some notice..Just got a private email on facebook from a sun columnist and tv host...He also agreed that the cover was brutal.

• 4 months later...

The morons at the Sun did it again..They put a pic of Kadri with a pacifier in his mouth.Prompted even Steve Simmons to say our paper looks like a baby.For the record Kadri never complained and whined about his demotion.

Yeah that cover is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.Like, not only is it offensive, but it is also downright strange. I can't even imagine the lead editor seeing that and giving the go-ahead to put that on the front page of the sports section. Right down to the caption above it, it almost looked like a joke.

Yeah that cover is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.Like, not only is it offensive, but it is also downright strange. I can't even imagine the lead editor seeing that and giving the go-ahead to put that on the front page of the sports section. Right down to the caption above it, it almost looked like a joke.
We've discussed it before, but that's why writers should be able to write their own headlines, not editors. The headline and picture are the OPPOSITE Of the story that was written...

I just think that it solidifies my point that there are certain media people and media outlets in this city , that would love nothing better than to make fun of the Leafs..They would love to see them fail, so they can keep the same old stupid comments going.Now Chris dont take it personally, i am saying SOME, not all of you guys are bad.From what i have seen from interviews and his demeanor Kadri has been nothing but a professional and he doesnt deserve the ridicule.If i was Kadri, I would consider suing Sun Media.

We've discussed it before, but that's why writers should be able to write their own headlines, not editors. The headline and picture are the OPPOSITE Of the story that was written...
No one is blaming the writer here..Most people dont read the story, but only see the headline and the accompanying pic. I dont know who the editor is , but its the whole paper that looks like trash with these stupid headlines.

It probably is a play on the Marlies being called the Baby Leafs a lot and since Kadri got sent down he's now a "Baby Leaf".It's still a really dumb picture and like Chris said the actual article praises how mature and professional Kadri is taking his getting sent down.

• 2 months later...

My latest email to Howard Berger, he usually responds...Ill keep you updated on what he says:Hey Howard,I m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not, but usually after a win there is no blog or praise..Maybe its coming but ironic the last blog you wrote was on Dec 3, before the Bruins game.You even alluded to this mocking your readers, in a previous blog. My suspicion has been all along that the Toronto media, specially those that follow the team have more things to say when the team is losing. Your blogs come in bunches when the team is slumping, or when the situation is dire.You are not alone in this , but since you are one of the main guys on the Leafs beat its very prominent. Your blog on Wilson, The Monsters bad night just seem to come and pile on the team in bunches.I am not sure if this is conscious effort on your part, or my theory that the media is out to get the Leafs and MLSE is very true. I know you are man of history and always mention the last 40 years in your blogs. So I will ask you Howard, whats the one constant through all these non championship years? Is it the players, management, the arena even? No , the answer is the media. The media scrutiny is the main culprit in the situation that has been created here. Burkie is finally realizing it , by refusing to appear on HNIC and on a certain radio station. With the recent Snow/Botta situation, can other measures be far behind? I still love you Howard, but come on cut the Leafs some slack and report some positive things..Even if you have to make it up…Serge Bogosyan

Your use and lack of use of comma's is very interesting to me.But in a serious note, why can't the MLSE grow a thick skin and not let the media have such power over them? I mean come on, it's the media. I have talked to some Lions and Wings players in the past and each and every one of them said that they do not listen to the talk shows, watch the local sports news shows, or read the sports page of the local papers. Maybe the Leafs should learn that same trick so they can spend their time worrying about games and their team instead of what someone in the media is saying to get readers/viewers/listeners. Seems pretty weak to me to continually hear how the media is the bad guy in this situation. (Sorry Chris) It's just the media ffs.Also if fans hate the Toronto media so much they should not be reading/listening/watching/emailing the media. You're essentially "feeding the troll" when you do, if it is indeed as bad as you say.

Your use and lack of use of comma's is very interesting to me.But in a serious note, why can't the MLSE grow a thick skin and not let the media have such power over them? I mean come on, it's the media. I have talked to some Lions and Wings players in the past and each and every one of them said that they do not listen to the talk shows, watch the local sports news shows, or read the sports page of the local papers. Maybe the Leafs should learn that same trick so they can spend their time worrying about games and their team instead of what someone in the media is saying to get readers/viewers/listeners. Seems pretty weak to me to continually hear how the media is the bad guy in this situation. (Sorry Chris) It's just the media ffs.Also if fans hate the Toronto media so much they should not be reading/listening/watching/emailing the media. You're essentially "feeding the troll" when you do so if it is indeed as bad as you say.
I dont buy the theory that the players dont read the papers..Especially the young guys...They all watch sportcentre and read the bloggers and follow twitter..Maybe not all, but a good percentage. I know if i got called up to the NHL, i would read every little thing about me..If they dont read it, the family and friends sure do...Your notion to just ignore the media..Well If i did that I wont know whats going on with the team...Its hard to filter the actual news from the biased views ...Some players no matter how well their resume is cant perform in this market...Its just fact..They cant handle the 12 microphones in their face in a practice..They cant handle the full page pictures in the local paper about the gaffe that they did the night before...Also like Chris has said on numerous occasions there are stupid rules in place where the players,coaches HAVE to face the media and put up with their dumb questions or they get fined.Some players are the opposite, they thrive on the excitement around the team..Guys like Clark, Gilmour and Tucker had their best years as a Toronto Maple Leafs...Others have not...Just imagine Steve, if you made a mistake at work and the next day a million people called you, emailed you and talked about you and ridiculed you , how would you feel??? When Rick Nash makes a bonehead play, nobody cares or talks about it.
Your notion to just ignore the media..Well If i did that I wont know whats going on with the team...there are stupid rules in place where the players,coaches HAVE to face the media and put up with their dumb questions or they get fined.
think about it. If they didnt have those "stupid" rules, how would you know whats going on? you cant constantly hate the messenger, and yet beg for the message.I understand you want just the facts, but I have a feeling you want your facts, not the ones most of us see as fact.
thanks. unfortunately seems to be more about HNIC, with something small about FAN590. Id love to know from him why hes not coming on 590, I never saw Burke as the type of guy who would take his ball and go home because someone was being mean to him.
think about it. If they didnt have those "stupid" rules, how would you know whats going on? you cant constantly hate the messenger, and yet beg for the message.I understand you want just the facts, but I have a feeling you want your facts, not the ones most of us see as fact.
Its a fine line...but 90% of stuff is garbage and 10% is what I want to hear...Darren Dreger is one of the good ones...Bobby Mac is another(expect for the last article)..These guys are good..There are others out there, that they just want to attack the franchise, ridicule the team at every chance they get..Burke obviously felt this way about HNIC and the Fan 590..I try and avoid it as much as I can..I NEVER read Steve Simmons anymore, but sometimes come upon him on Twitter..He is a disgrace to the media...You may think i am crazy and making shit up, but Brian Burke is one of the most respected hockey people there is..Even if you guys dont want to admit that.He finally said, enough is enough and screw you all...
thanks. unfortunately seems to be more about HNIC, with something small about FAN590. Id love to know from him why hes not coming on 590, I never saw Burke as the type of guy who would take his ball and go home because someone was being mean to him.
With all due respect to posters on this forum, in general the media isnt very bright...He tells them that he ISNT trading Kaberle and asking for him to waive his NMC..What happens, 8 of the next 10 questions are about trading Kaberle..He is one of the most straight forward people I have seen this organization have...He answers the questions, and he doesnt dance around them...There comes a point where the stupidity has gotten to him..How many times does he have to be asked about the draft picks and the Phil Kessel trade and explain WHY he made the trade when he did?
How quickly will that change if Rogers buys the team.
if Rogers buys them, Id be more worried about the Fan becoming as paternal as 640.(The station that covers Leaf games)640 sounds like the fathers of the players every time they comment. And the play-by-play and colour is absolutely atrocious.
Its a fine line...but 90% of stuff is garbage and 10% is what I want to hear...Darren Dreger is one of the good ones...Bobby Mac is another(expect for the last article)..These guys are good..There are others out there, that they just want to attack the franchise, ridicule the team at every chance they get..Burke obviously felt this way about HNIC and the Fan 590..I try and avoid it as much as I can..I NEVER read Steve Simmons anymore, but sometimes come upon him on Twitter..He is a disgrace to the media...You may think i am crazy and making shit up, but Brian Burke is one of the most respected hockey people there is..Even if you guys dont want to admit that.He finally said, enough is enough and screw you all...
You're right, burke is respected, there is no doubt about that. But Arp's point is a good one: you think a writer is good as long as he says good things about the leafs, but if they say something bad you think they're idiots? That doesn't really make sense...
With all due respect to posters on this forum, in general the media isnt very bright...He tells them that he ISNT trading Kaberle and asking for him to waive his NMC..What happens, 8 of the next 10 questions are about trading Kaberle..He is one of the most straight forward people I have seen this organization have...He answers the questions, and he doesnt dance around them...There comes a point where the stupidity has gotten to him..How many times does he have to be asked about the draft picks and the Phil Kessel trade and explain WHY he made the trade when he did?
so thats why hes not on the Fan anymore? caused they asked him the same question over and over again?