Toronto Media Are Buffoons

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something along the lines of if they had a conversation one of them would most likely hang up on each other. He says he can't talk to him.

just curious, about what? like, why today of all days?
Because WilsonA) complained that the Canadians didn't deserve their gold medal because the puck went off the refs skate in the cornerB ) Wilson said that Team Canada 'Threw Brodeur under the bus, then backed the bus over him and ran him over again' in regards to playing Luongo instead of Brodeur. For the record, Brodeur was only miffed that they told him AFTER they told Luongo that he Lu would be the starter the rest of the way. Brodeur also said he 100% backed the decision to play Luongo and that he was thrilled the way the Olympics turned out. McCowan said that Wilson is 'a pompous, blowhard, arrogant jackass who is only interested in furthering his own career at the expense of everyone around him'
Because WilsonA) complained that the Canadians didn't deserve their gold medal because the puck went off the refs skate in the cornerB ) Wilson said that Team Canada 'Threw Brodeur under the bus, then backed the bus over him and ran him over again' in regards to playing Luongo instead of Brodeur. For the record, Brodeur was only miffed that they told him AFTER they told Luongo that he Lu would be the starter the rest of the way. Brodeur also said he 100% backed the decision to play Luongo and that he was thrilled the way the Olympics turned out. McCowan said that Wilson is 'a pompous, blowhard, arrogant jackass who is only interested in furthering his own career at the expense of everyone around him'
thats pretty funny as a lot of people would describe McCowan the same way.
thats pretty funny as a lot of people would describe McCowan the same way.
partially, yes. Maybe that's why he recognizes it so much. McCowan went on to say that Wilson has done an abysmal job with the leafs, the players, and the media.
I agree with you regarding both.
i agree with you agreeing with me and Dale on the agreeing about Mccowan. :club:

Doing the Grill Room live tonight at 630 for the 'DEADLINE DAY EDITION'. I'm going to have to refrain from swearing and picking my nose...btw, Arp, thanks for the Enrico Blasi tip... checked into that..... good bit of info

Doing the Grill Room live tonight at 630 for the 'DEADLINE DAY EDITION'. I'm going to have to refrain from swearing and picking my nose...btw, Arp, thanks for the Enrico Blasi tip... checked into that..... good bit of info
give us a shout out by using anyone of the following words:buffoon, genious or full contact.. :club:
I like McCowan on the radio. I've heard he's an arrogant prick in person, but to the people he likes, good guy. And he loves UNLV+Jerry Tarkanian, and talks about them to this day, which makes him god-like in my world. Most of all, I love that he doesnt have the typical garbage interviews that have little substance. And if he says this about Wilson, I believe it. Cause the easiest thing for Bob would be to kiss Leafs coach's ass, and get him on his show. Frankly, Wilson does seem like an ass to the media, but if he was winning games, who would really care?I really dont know what to make of Wilson's coaching.
cool, welcome.good luck filling airtime on the big moves of the day.
  • 2 months later...

Way to go Toronto Sun...Goes to show what idiots are running the paper...

Way to go Toronto Sun...Goes to show what idiots are running the paper...
Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Toronto Sun is owned by a company called 'quebecor'....
Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Toronto Sun is owned by a company called 'quebecor'....
not aware...Even more reason to boycott them..Sorry Chris, I know you write for them..No offense.
my friend just cancelled his SUN subscription..AWESOME
Because of all that money he lost betting against the Habs?
Because of all that money he lost betting against the Habs?
Because newspapers contain news, and there is NO place for that in the fantasy world of the leaf fan!
Because newspapers contain news, and there is NO place for that in the fantasy world of the leaf fan!
perfect buffoon quote.

Email I just sent to the editor:I am writing this after seeing the cover of the Toronto Sun today. I have been outraged over the years for your lack of respect for the sport franchises in this city, but this has gone over the top.As a long time Toronto Maple Leafs fan, I am outraged by the disrespectful cover today. There is no way the wonderful city of Toronto has Habs fever. As a matter fact the majority of Toronto hates the Montreal Canadiens and everything they stand for. No respectful Leafs fan would cheer for the Habs.I have already started a campaign to boycott your newspaper and everything else that is Sun related. Two of my friends already cancelled their subscription this morning, and we have started a facebook group to make sure thousand of people also cancel their subscriptions.Your “newspaper” is a tabloid and has no business to be in the Toronto media.Hopefully this time you will realize the mistakes you have made and will be hurt financially in the process.Serge

Email I just sent to the editor:I am writing this after seeing the cover of the Toronto Sun today. I have been outraged over the years for your lack of respect for the sport franchises in this city, but this has gone over the top.As a long time Toronto Maple Leafs fan, I am outraged by the disrespectful cover today. There is no way the wonderful city of Toronto has Habs fever. As a matter fact the majority of Toronto hates the Montreal Canadiens and everything they stand for. No respectful Leafs fan would cheer for the Habs.I have already started a campaign to boycott your newspaper and everything else that is Sun related. Two of my friends already cancelled their subscription this morning, and we have started a facebook group to make sure thousand of people also cancel their subscriptions.Your “newspaper” is a tabloid and has no business to be in the Toronto media.Hopefully this time you will realize the mistakes you have made and will be hurt financially in the process.Serge
Here are some other companies you may want to boycott.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebecor_Media