Toronto Media Are Buffoons

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have it on my PVR, if there are any techy nerds that know how to put it on my pc, i can post a link here...It was well done and hilarious.

I also have it on my PVR, if there are any techy nerds that know how to put it on my pc, i can post a link here...It was well done and hilarious.
Seems like it should be a matter of locating the file on your hard drive and uploading it to youtube with an account. I am not a video guy, so you could probably PM gov and get him to help if that advice isn't sufficient.

but the problem is getting the video onto the computer...Not sure how to hook up the PVR(tivo) to my computer, if its possible at all...

The part where Serge(gruven) looked at the camera and said that the Toronto Media were buffoons was priceless...Not sure if "Simon Le Bon" got it but it was hilarious to me.Also El Lucador should of kept his mask on....

not sure...i am looking into some options
oh, ok, I didn't understand what you meant when you said "pvr." They do make PC-based PVR cards that are a little more convenient. I hope you get it figured out, I'm really excited to see.

its a very good show usually, its doesnt get the ratings as OTR probably but its interesting...However nothing will top the SERGE FROM PICKERING show last night...

Here is an article that all the Leaf haters will appreciate..Now I totally respect Howard Berger and dont think he is a buffoon at all...However articles like this are very common place after a leaf loss...Saying the Leafs stink and calling the situation "an emerging catastrophe" is a bit much...Howard I dont buy it....http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=10890

Here is an article that all the Leaf haters will appreciate..Now I totally respect Howard Berger and dont think he is a buffoon at all...However articles like this are very common place after a leaf loss...Saying the Leafs stink and calling the situation "an emerging catastrophe" is a bit much...Howard I dont buy it....http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=10890
The Toronto Media will always jump on the Leafs during losses. To point out that the Leafs are a mediocre team at best does not sell papers or get hits on a BLOG for that matter.
The Toronto Media will always jump on the Leafs during losses. To point out that the Leafs are a mediocre team at best does not sell papers or get hits on a BLOG for that matter.
BINGO..that has been my argument all along...That is why the perception of the casual Leafs fan...there are millions out there believe that the Leafs play like this every game...They only hear about the 5-1 loss to Ottawa, 7-1 Loss to Washington and Carolina...They dont hear the gritty wins over Montreal...Wins on the road in Pittsburgh and New York...The perception is amazingly bad...but the team is not that bad..
BINGO..that has been my argument all along...That is why the perception of the casual Leafs fan...there are millions out there believe that the Leafs play like this every game...They only hear about the 5-1 loss to Ottawa, 7-1 Loss to Washington and Carolina...They dont hear the gritty wins over Montreal...Wins on the road in Pittsburgh and New York...The perception is amazingly bad...but the team is not that bad..
So you agree with my Mediocre at best comment? Or you agree with my comment about the media?

well i agree with your comments about the media..The leafs are not a mediocre team in my opinion, however admittedly they have played very mediocre..they have looked excellent on some nights and they have look dreadful in others....

• 4 weeks later...
not to beat a dead horse...but here is the cover of the Toronto Sun today...Leafs have won 3 in a row..If they lose they make the big headlines..look in the left corner for a small blurb about the Leafs..http://www.torontosun.ca/FrontPage/2007/12/05/4708269.html
dude if you were the editor there would a front page with the Stanley Cup on it. You can't blame the media for being litle skeptical after 3 wins with the start Toronto had.

thats not my point...if they lose they make up stories to create controversy...I am happy...I am booking off time for the Stanley Cup parade in June

not to beat a dead horse...but here is the cover of the Toronto Sun today...Leafs have won 3 in a row..If they lose they make the big headlines..look in the left corner for a small blurb about the Leafs..http://www.torontosun.ca/FrontPage/2007/12/05/4708269.html
If they put the Leafs on the cover for a 3-game win streak then you would probably view it as being facetious. Also, think of all those Argonaut fans that would complain about a positive Argo story not getting the cover.
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Paul Maurice reads this forum and especially this thread...This a direct quote from his post game comments last night:''It's a win and we're taking it,'' he said. ''With all that was going on (surrounding the team), with all due respect buffoonery, getting back to just playing hockey . in some ways it becomes easier.''