Toronto Media Are Buffoons

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should start a new sport where winning and losing doesn't matter. The winner is the team that is worth the most money at the end of each season.
There is a sport like that..its called business.You didnt answer my Penguin question...How would you feel if the Penguins left Pittsburgh?And folded or moved to KC...Because lets be honest, it was pretty close there for a while.
Whats that mean..They are $16 million under the cap..Thats the equivalent of a Crosby and Ovechkin.
It means they are spending above the minimum and below the maximum.Are they selling a Crosby or an Ovechkin at the Kwik-Way? Perhaps the Islanders should trade a couple of first round picks and a 2nd rounder for a potential 40-goal scorer who can help them miss the playoffs by fewer points. Would that help? You don't get it and I think it's because you choose not to get it.
There is a sport like that..its called business.You didnt answer my Penguin question...How would you feel if the Penguins left Pittsburgh?And folded or moved to KC...Because lets be honest, it was pretty close there for a while.
Missed it. I would care, of course. I don't care which team is THE most valuable, only that all of the teams survive. The Leafs being worth the most has nothing to do with anything aside from geographic location. That doesn't mean anything to me when analyzing their on-ice product, other than the fact that they can spend to the cap, like the majority of the NHL.
Why 1970...lets pick 1922 then.
Well, to make it fair, let's start at whatever point both teams were in the league simultaneously. How about the 1967-68 season?
It means they are spending above the minimum and below the maximum.Are they selling a Crosby or an Ovechkin at the Kwik-Way? Perhaps the Islanders should trade a couple of first round picks and a 2nd rounder for a potential 40-goal scorer who can help them miss the playoffs by fewer points. Would that help? You don't get it and I think it's because you choose not to get it.
NAA I get it...No one has to balls to pull of a trade like that other than our leader.On that subject...What do you think of the offer sheet that was signed for Vanek and Penner?Should no one ever go after RFAs?When you and your hyberpole spewing people mention the Kessel trade, NO ONE ever says that he was an RFA and thats what the market value was as per the CBA..Comprende??
How about the 1972-73 season when the Islanders joined the NHL.
Naaaa..Not my fault they were late to the party.
look how many playoff game we have won , oh say since 1993, and see how many they have.
Lol, exactly what I was hoping for.And what does 93 have to do with your argument that the present day leafs are heads and shoulders better than the present day Isles. They had a better season last year than your team. Bad luck I guess.Again, I am not saying one is better than the other, I think they are both crappy teams and so far nothing on the ice this season tells me any differently.
Lol, exactly what I was hoping for.And what does 93 have to do with your argument that the present day leafs are heads and shoulders better than the present day Isles. They had a better season last year than your team. Bad luck I guess.Again, I am not saying one is better than the other, I think they are both crappy teams and so far nothing on the ice this season tells me any differently.
I guess you didnt see how we beat the best defensive team and the best offensive team back to back..With nice comebacks..Smoke that one
NAA I get it...No one has to balls to pull of a trade like that other than our leader.On that subject...What do you think of the offer sheet that was signed for Vanek and Penner?Should no one ever go after RFAs?When you and your hyberpole spewing people mention the Kessel trade, NO ONE ever says that he was an RFA and thats what the market value was as per the CBA..Comprende??
I'm not sure what Edmonton has to do with the discussion.The Kessell trade would have been a good one for a team that was a Kessel-like player away from competing. The Leafs were not that team.

Dear Serge,Why is it that you are so quick to chastise journalists and/or articles that speak negatively (read: truthfully) of your beloved Toronto Maple Leafs, yet you choose to ignore articles that speak positively about the Leafs?http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/artic...-beat-caps?bn=1http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Leaf...6598/story.htmlhttp://www.nationalpost.com/Leafs+fight+Wa...6633/story.html

Why do you guys do this?Talking Leafs with serge is like talking politics. His mind is set and nothing you do or say or any statistical facts you present to him he will always believe that the Leafs are doing the perfect thing regardless of how many years they sit at the bottom.
How FCP works...Steve posts this. We all agree.I get busy at work, and dont post for 3hours.I come back to find 40posts all doing what Steve said was useless.One out of every 3 posts are from Steve.lol.Serge is very good at getting us to argue what we all know to be true. Its like someone coming on here and telling you the world is flat, and we all argue against him for hours that its round.Leafs suck. Organization sucks, they win nothing, they provide little for their fans, and the Islanders DO have better players. Id trade team for team right now.
There are three teams in the league who are currently better offensively than the Capitals, Serge.
At the time they had the most goals in the NHL...I dont really go for your spin doctoring of the stats.
How FCP works...Steve posts this. We all agree.I get busy at work, and dont post for 3hours.I come back to find 40posts all doing what Steve said was useless.One out of every 3 posts are from Steve.lol.Serge is very good at getting us to argue what we all know to be true. Its like someone coming on here and telling you the world is flat, and we all argue against him for hours that its round.Leafs suck. Organization sucks, they win nothing, they provide little for their fans, and the Islanders DO have better players. Id trade team for team right now.
I would like to have a fun bet with you and ONLY you...Who will win the most cups in the next 20 years...The bet is a nice dinner at a decent restaurant..We will be pushing 60 so it might have to be a quite place, with not much racket..Book?
It's cheaper than the slots.
Dear Serge,Why is it that you are so quick to chastise journalists and/or articles that speak negatively (read: truthfully) of your beloved Toronto Maple Leafs, yet you choose to ignore articles that speak positively about the Leafs?http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/artic...-beat-caps?bn=1http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Leaf...6598/story.htmlhttp://www.nationalpost.com/Leafs+fight+Wa...6633/story.html
Those are just news articles..They are not opinion ladened blogs and full of gibberish...
I would like to have a fun bet with you and ONLY you...Who will win the most cups in the next 20 years...The bet is a nice dinner at a decent restaurant..We will be pushing 60 so it might have to be a quite place, with not much racket..Book?
Leafs vs Islanders?is this a franchise vs franchise, or are you gonna call it off once they move to Oklahoma City? :club:
Leafs vs Islanders?is this a franchise vs franchise, or are you gonna call it off once they move to Oklahoma City? :club:
Leafs vs Islanders...Franchise vs franchise....Most Stanley Cups for the next 20 years...Its fun..Book it?
Leafs vs Islanders...Franchise vs franchise....Most Stanley Cups for the next 20 years...Its fun..Book it?
I figure 20 years is a fair amount of time when you are betting all things Islanders
Can I get in on this? I'll bet it's 0-0 after 20 years.
Sure...i actually have a number in mind for the amount of Leafs cups in the next 20 years..It might shock a lot of you.