Sec Delivers.......

sigh.....college football season over.......ready for next year.........here's my preseason top 5 for next year...1 USC2 Georgia3 Florida4 Ohio State5 ??????? ok, so a top 4 will have to do for nowquick thoughts.....If Michigan was healthy when they played OSU this year they would have destroyed them....Ohio States defense was not impressive at all, the reason they were ranked #1 in the nation was because they played against a bunch of bad (and hurt, UM) offenses in the Big 10........LSU is not the best team in the country and they pretty much owned.......is OSU a top 10 team in teh country? serious question

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quick thoughts.....If Michigan was healthy when they played OSU this year they would have destroyed them....Ohio States defense was not impressive at all, the reason they were ranked #1 in the nation was because they played against a bunch of bad (and hurt, UM) offenses in the Big 10........LSU is not the best team in the country and they pretty much owned.......is OSU a top 10 team in teh country? serious question
Yea they are.I think it's hard to put a top 5 list until we see who leaves early and recruiting classes are finalized. OSU could lose some serious talent to the draft, I'm not that familiar with USC's roster but they always have tons of guys with pro-talent who could go early. Is Georgia losing anyone important?I wouldn't put Florida top 5 unless the land a solid RB who will take some of the load off Tebow and Harvin.
sigh.....college football season over.......ready for next year.........here's my preseason top 5 for next year...1 USC2 Georgia3 Florida4 Ohio State5 ??????? ok, so a top 4 will have to do for nowquick thoughts.....If Michigan was healthy when they played OSU this year they would have destroyed them....Ohio States defense was not impressive at all, the reason they were ranked #1 in the nation was because they played against a bunch of bad (and hurt, UM) offenses in the Big 10........LSU is not the best team in the country and they pretty much owned.......is OSU a top 10 team in teh country? serious question
I am so sick of you Georgia people and you USC people with your whining and complaining. Can we have one phuckig championship? They tell us to win this game, we win the game. We beat Oklahoma in '04 and now we beat OSU. I'm sorry that the people who make the decisions don't feel like a team who can't win their division shouldn't be in or that a team who loses to a team who struggles with mediocre opponents all year, then turns it on at the end shouldn't be in. You know what, if you want to be in don't lose by 30 to Tennessee and don't lose to Stanford. LSU had 2 games all year where a key component of our offense or defense wasn't out or playing at below 80%. We lost 2 games in the toughest conference in football AND we managed to make it to our championship game where we beat the team that pounded Georgia. We are the best team in the country, and while I want a playoff system so I don't have to hear all these teams trying to claim OUR National Championship. It's not going to happen this year. Mark Richt and Pete Carroll and their fans should stop crying and belittling LSU because they didn't get it done.
I am so sick of you Georgia people and you USC people with your whining and complaining. Can we have one phuckig championship? They tell us to win this game, we win the game. We beat Oklahoma in '04 and now we beat OSU. I'm sorry that the people who make the decisions don't feel like a team who can't win their division shouldn't be in or that a team who loses to a team who struggles with mediocre opponents all year, then turns it on at the end shouldn't be in. You know what, if you want to be in don't lose by 30 to Tennessee and don't lose to Stanford. LSU had 2 games all year where a key component of our offense or defense wasn't out or playing at below 80%. We lost 2 games in the toughest conference in football AND we managed to make it to our championship game where we beat the team that pounded Georgia. We are the best team in the country, and while I want a playoff system so I don't have to hear all these teams trying to claim OUR National Championship. It's not going to happen this year. Mark Richt and Pete Carroll and their fans should stop crying and belittling LSU because they didn't get it done.
agree completely and I dont like LSU OR think that LSU is the best team in the country.When your team has two losses you cant complain. This really should be a rule. Two losses, no complaints. IF you lose twice, you leave yourself to the whims of polls and conjecture. The only team that has ever deserved to complain was Auburn in '04 (i think thats right) when three teams from big conferences went undeafeted. Thats the scenario. Otherwise just shut up. It is ridiculous. As an addendum to this rule, if you lose to a team like this year's Stanford squad you really need to get a life. You cant lose to a team of that quality and then bitch and moan that you deserve the crown.And Ohio State should be banned from the National Championship game on principle for at least two years.

USC wasn't the best team in the Pac-10 this year anyway, that was Oregon who beat USC soundly. If Dixon stayed healthy the Ducks would likely be parading around a trophy and no one would be complaining about it.

USC wasn't the best team in the Pac-10 this year anyway, that was Oregon who best USC soundly. If Dixon stayed healthy the Ducks would likely be parading around a trophy and no one would be complaining about it.
true. them's the breaks. if you want to feel some sympathy for a team feel it for Oregon. They got screwed (relatively) in 2001 too. (no way they beat miami but they deserved a shot)
true. them's the breaks. if you want to feel some sympathy for a team feel it for Oregon. They got screwed (relatively) in 2001 too. (no way they beat miami but they deserved a shot)
No kidding, God must hate them. Not only does their QB get hurt, they have to go to Ryan Leaf's little brother as a backup. Sheeesh.
Is Georgia losing anyone important?
No.....we have 18 returning starters coming back, and the 4 who are leaving weren't really difference makers,
Were you directing this at me???? I'm a UGA fan and I have NOT ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT GEORGIA NOT MAKING THE BCS CHAMP GAME!!why dont you go back and reread my posts after the bowls were announced......geez dudeI HAVE NOT BELITTLED LSU ONCE MORON AND NEITHER HAVE MOST UGA FANS.........you are cluelesscongrats LSU.....most UGA fans were pulling for youcant wait till we come down to Baton Rouge next year and whoop yalls ass though......
O rly?
Were you directing this at me???? I'm a UGA fan and I have NOT ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT GEORGIA NOT MAKING THE BCS CHAMP GAME!!why dont you go back and reread my posts after the bowls were announced......geez dudeI HAVE NOT BELITTLED LSU ONCE MORON AND NEITHER HAVE MOST UGA FANS.........you are cluelesscongrats LSU.....most UGA fans were pulling for youcant wait till we come down to Baton Rouge next year and whoop yalls ass though......
ya rly
O rly?
A lot of people don't think they are the best because USC and UGA have played so well the last half of the season and without a playoff we will never truly know. However under the current system they were crowned champs, good for them.
ya rly
ummmm.....you think thats "belittling"?wow, little soft huh?I think LSU is a DAMN good team......I just dont think they are the best in teh country.....if you take that as an insult, well sorry bud, i speak how I feelThey won the BCS Championship Game, therefore they are National Champs thsi year......congrats.....I'm very happy they absolutely OWNED Ohio State
USC wasn't the best team in the Pac-10 this year anyway, that was Oregon who beat USC soundly. If Dixon stayed healthy the Ducks would likely be parading around a trophy and no one would be complaining about it.
Q.F.T.And if USC had beat Stanford.. And if my Aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle, and so on.. I know, any number of teams can play the injury card, but, man.. Oregon was soooooo good.
No.....we have 18 returning starters coming back, and the 4 who are leaving weren't really difference makers,
Yikes..that's a tough team ya got. Now if you can only win your division and maybe even your conference... :club:
Yikes..that's a tough team ya got. Now if you can only win your division and maybe even your conference... :club:
yeah thats the idea......we've won the conference a couple times in the last 5 yearsnext year is supposed to be THE year.....this year was actually a rebuilding year, kinda like OSUs
yeah thats the idea......we've won the conference a couple times in the last 5 yearsnext year is supposed to be THE year.....this year was actually a rebuilding year, kinda like OSUs
Yah..they were a tough squad. They can keep healthy and keep their heads, no reason they shouldn't be right in the NC mix next year.
  • 7 months later...
PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of the G.O.D. give Hawaii an SEC team in the BCS game.
Wished upon a star Nov 25th and my Xmas dreams are coming true. I couldn't have selected a better team for Hawaii to play. Give them the team everyone in the lower 15, particularly GA, thinks should be in the national championship game. There's one thing UGA fans have plenty of and that's excuses. I can't wait to hear them when Hawaii rolls UGA for 50.
I guess we know who the least knowledgeable football fan on here is. Wow.
I guess we know who the least knowledgeable football fan on here is. Wow.
lol yeah we havent seen him around these parts since he made those statements.......btw happy birthday
I hate SEC fans. I probably hate all of you. Nothing personal.
lol definitely not taken personal......but may i ask what school you pull for??GO DAWGS