*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

• 2 weeks later...

Time to start posting more about the Hawks Currently on a nine game win streak, they are only 4 points behind the Wings. These next 2 games are huge, for both teams and the NHL. If the Hawks had made the coaching change before the season started, they'd probably be in first place in the Central. The whole team is playing well, with a different line stepping up each night and all defensive pairings played solid team while always an offensive threat. Both goalies are on hot streaks, and Coach Q can start either one with confidence. If that's not enough, the Hawks get some bulletin board material after their win over the Wild when Mikko Koivu said "Nine wins in a row shows something about their team, but they're not that good. They outworked us tonight. We had one guy tonight, that was Backstrom, who had the effort to play this game." I couldn't be more excited about the games on Tuesday and Thursday! :club::ts:4h

I never watched hockey really until this year, (Still don't a bunch really..) I think owning NHL 09 has a lot to do with it, but having the Hawks be this good is probably 1A on the list of reasons... Actually looking forward to Thursday's game.

Yes, it is a good time to be a Blackhawks fan. Kane, Toews and Campbell are still leading he West in all-star votes. Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp should have a good shot at being all-stars also. Add to that Versteeg looking like he has a real shot at the Calder and this is a fun year. The BEST part is that if the Hawks don't win it this year, it's alright because they are already ahead of schedule. You figure a year or two to get battle tested in the playoffs then start making serious runs. Having said that, I think they are one of about 10 teams that have a legitimate shot at making the finals; along with the Wings, Sharks, Canucks, Caps, Bruins, Penguins, Rangers, Flyers and Devils.

Having said that, I think they are one of about 10 teams that have a legitimate shot at making the finals; along with the Wings, Sharks, Canucks, Caps, Bruins, Penguins, Rangers, Flyers and Devils.
You forgot the Leafs.
OK Serge, who are your 10 teams that have a shot?
Fair enough..Some have better shots than others..In no particular order..BostonRangersDevilsFlyersWashingtonSan JoseDetroitChicagoCalgary Vancouver
Looks like the only difference was Flames over Pens?
didnt notice....things can change, its a fine line between 9th place and a Stanley Cup contending team..Especially in the East...Its fairly tough to make the playoffs if you dont win the division, as you are fighting for only 5 spots for at least 8 or 9 teams..In the West its even closer.

Calgary would be the next one on my list, but I think the Pens are better than Calgary. My picks are also based on the line-up a team could ice come playoff time barring any injuries and assuming teams get their injured players back.

Calgary would be the next one on my list, but I think the Pens are better than Calgary. My picks are also based on the line-up a team could ice come playoff time barring any injuries and assuming teams get their injured players back.
Makes sense, but the Pens aren't even gonna make the playoffs. That's how bad they are.
Yes, it is a good time to be a Blackhawks fan. Kane, Toews and Campbell are still leading he West in all-star votes. Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp should have a good shot at being all-stars also. Add to that Versteeg looking like he has a real shot at the Calder and this is a fun year. The BEST part is that if the Hawks don't win it this year, it's alright because they are already ahead of schedule. You figure a year or two to get battle tested in the playoffs then start making serious runs. Having said that, I think they are one of about 10 teams that have a legitimate shot at making the finals; along with the Wings, Sharks, Canucks, Caps, Bruins, Penguins, Rangers, Flyers and Devils.
Interesting...Montreal has more points than 4 of the teams you've listed.

Kane left tonights game after taking a hard hit (i belive they said along the boards). They said it might be a lower body injury/knee, or else maybe just winded. Would be too bad if he was out for the Classic.

Kane left tonights game after taking a hard hit (i belive they said along the boards). They said it might be a lower body injury/knee, or else maybe just winded. Would be too bad if he was out for the Classic.
He is back and continuing to skate around with his head down.

I gotta say, and I said it before probably in this thread, the Blackhawks becoming a contender brings this rivalry back. Those down years really took a lot out of the Hawks/Wings games but the last two years it is starting to heat up again and the three games I watched this year were excellent games. Not because we won them but because it had intensity I remember years ago.

I haven't been this excited about an NHL game since the '91 All Star game. Let's go Hawks.
THIS GAME IS HUGE! I'm hoping this is a breakout game for the Hawks. Hopefully they come out with some purpose and excitement. I want to see finished checks, crisp passes and top shelf shots. Take it to them boys!

If I could stop feeling terrible I would be more excited for the game. GL to the Hawks, should be a great one.

If I could stop feeling terrible I would be more excited for the game. GL to the Hawks, should be a great one.
Just get back on that horse!Bloody Mary's FTW.