Colorado Avalanche

oops
I'd say eddie is fair game for the oopses, but nobody else. He's the only flagrantly disrespectful person in the hockey forum, imo.also, OOPS
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never a doubt.

Hell yes! It's a new year boys. Playoffs bound!

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.   JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.   Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire A

datsyuk is absurdis it really so hard to believe that jose might have really been sick? he's the only reason they're in the playoffs, dude.
I am sure he is sick, he has also been ridiculously inconsistent his entire career.3-2. We might get a game out of this.
what a pass
I was kind of impressed with the shot, too. he wasn't shooting at THAT much net with the angle... and he got it off in less than a second

This game's gonna get ugly if Colorado keeps giving Detroit power plays.

I didn't think Colorado came out fast and sharp like I expected in the first period. Even though they got first goal, they seemed sluggish. Theodore is expected to have Roy like consistency in his 10+ incredible saves. It's just not realistic.Come on HUGE 3rd period!

Sluggish may not have been the right word, but they certainly weren't sharp coming out in the first. Goddammit, they played that third period about as good as they could without getting more than one goal. What's up with the refs not calling tripping on the dude that took Forsberg out? Are the refs less likely to call this when the team who got fouled is on a power play?

I would not fault JT on this one. He let in some soft goals in 1 and 2 but he had no chance last night. I am very disappointed on how unexciting this series is. Still has the chance to get interesting but a lot has to change on the Avs side to make that happen. Smyth needs to get back and I have to say I am very happy Forsie didn't want to play for Detroit. He looks washed up. Someone on the pst game show called him "The best in the world". I don't agree. Not now anyway. Not last year either.

I am very happy Forsie didn't want to play for Detroit. He looks washed up. Someone on the pst game show called him "The best in the world". I don't agree. Not now anyway. Not last year either.
he kinda needs to stay retired. I think he was the best in the world at some point in time, but yeah it wasn't in the last four or five years.
Home crowd will give an avalanche of support and hopefully that will give them a boost to start the game off with some intensity. Even with the way Detroit played at home, I'm going to take Detroit 4-3 tonight.
See just like I said it would turn out :club: What's with all the potential sweeps? PIT, DAL, DET
I am very disappointed on how unexciting this series is.
Yeah, there are a couple other series that are somewhat unexciting and look like the brooms are coming out for the sweeps. I don't like when there's a sweep in a series, especially the cup final so hopefully that doesn't happen. Now, if any of these teams that are down 3-0 can come back and win their series, that would bring up the excitement level just a tad :club:

Detroit Red Wings-4Colorado Avalanche-3Wings lead series 3-0Everything i was gonna say has been said. Theo can't be blamed. The refs sorta sucked. I'm surprised thisn is such a one-sided series. I was embarassed when we could get past center with the extra man. Even though we score first, you could kinda feel it was lucky.At least our PP didnt suck 2/3 with our 1st goal coming during a delayed call.

The refs sorta sucked.
They sucked for both sides though. That hit on Lebda just before the first Avs goal was definitely at least a 2:00 boarding call if not more.
They sucked for both sides though. That hit on Lebda just before the first Avs goal was definitely at least a 2:00 boarding call if not more.
Oh def. Also with 4 minutes left in the 3rd, the Avs shoulda got called for too many men. I wasnt even paying attention. But the sea of Burgundy jerseys was too hard to miss, I counted 7.
Smyth outForsberg outStastny outWolski out5-1 Detroit, gg avs
I don't think Forsberg matters all that much, but Smyth and Stastny out hurt this team. Time to re-group for next year. If these two players can remain healthy for a full year, this team will be in the top of the standings.

Detroit Red Wings-8Colorado Avalanche-2Wings win series 4-0Again, i'm not necessarily detoirt won. Im just surprised they dominated so much. Props to them though, they were by FAR the better team and deserved to move on. I'm happy we ended the season at home though, most the fans obviously left cause it was 7-1 and the end of the second but after the hand shake the avs stayed for a minute and raised their stickes to the fans which was good to see. I think our main problem was that we didn't play our game. Detroit focuses a lot of their play on getting, and keeping, the puck. It seemed like a lot of the time the avs were just trying to play keep away, which meant when we turned it over, it was often in our own zone.GG Avs, i will be back next season for sure. Hopefully Sakic, Foote and Forsberg will return next season for one last go at it. Something tells me Sakic will be the type of player that is more likely to say which year will be his last.Once again Avs, vgg. :club::ts:D:D:4h:5c:D:3h

I guess they expected Quennville to get more out of the minor league team he had to dress because of injuries. :club: I think he just jumped to the top of potential Toronto coaches.

I never really thought quenville's record was very stellar. I think the avs won't have too much trouble finding a good coach, if I were a coach I'd kill to inherit a team with that much young talent.

I guess they expected Quennville to get more out of the minor league team he had to dress because of injuries. :club: I think he just jumped to the top of potential Toronto coaches.
yeah, I made the same point to my friend, a wings fan. Really dumb firing imo

There's talk here in Quebec that Patrick Roy is waiting for a call from Giguerre to talk about a coaching possibility. Roy's kid is going to play for him next year int he Q and Roy keeps saying how much he loves to coach these young kids but maybe colorado will a good place for him to start a coaching career in the NHL.I think he'll want to stay in Quebec another year but I won't be surprized if he ever makes the jump to the NHL, not sure how I would feel about him as a coach for Montreal... that would be one hell of a ride though.The radio made an argument that he would a good leader behind Ottawa's bench, he would turn Spezza and Heatly into a Malkin/Crosby or Datsyuk/Zetterberg type duo.