Colorado Avalanche

There's talk here in Quebec that Patrick Roy is waiting for a call from Giguerre to talk about a coaching possibility. Roy's kid is going to play for him next year int he Q and Roy keeps saying how much he loves to coach these young kids but maybe colorado will a good place for him to start a coaching career in the NHL.I think he'll want to stay in Quebec another year but I won't be surprized if he ever makes the jump to the NHL, not sure how I would feel about him as a coach for Montreal... that would be one hell of a ride though.The radio made an argument that he would a good leader behind Ottawa's bench, he would turn Spezza and Heatly into a Malkin/Crosby or Datsyuk/Zetterberg type duo.
Based on? I'm not big on my minor league knowledge but surely Roy is not ready to take on a team the size of Colorado. Obviously he is a legend up there but is his coaching resume that impressive? I'd think he would start off like Gretzky has and go from there.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never a doubt.

Hell yes! It's a new year boys. Playoffs bound!

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.   JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.   Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire A

Based on? I'm not big on my minor league knowledge but surely Roy is not ready to take on a team the size of Colorado. Obviously he is a legend up there but is his coaching resume that impressive? I'd think he would start off like Gretzky has and go from there.
He's doing his time coaching in the Q and it's great experience, plenty of good coaches come from the Q. He already won the memorial cup so he must be doing something right. Personally I think he would be good in Ottawa to whip them boys into shape, if they find the right coach for the job they can be contenders again next year. Roy just has that infectious attitude to win at all cost, and he would stir the sgit pot in the NHL a lot so that would be entertaining.

It would be great to see Roy be the coach, especially with all these young guys on the team, but I don't think it'll happen. `

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Another pathetic performance tonight getting shut out at home vs the Flames.This team has serious issues. Why is Tyler Arnason even still on this team? I can watch guys on the Colorado Eagles than are better than him. Horrid penalty with just under 6 minutes to play. Ugh it's gonna be a looooong winter.

Another pathetic performance tonight getting shut out at home vs the Flames.This team has serious issues. Why is Tyler Arnason even still on this team? I can watch guys on the Colorado Eagles than are better than him. Horrid penalty with just under 6 minutes to play. Ugh it's gonna be a looooong winter.
Yeah, i used to like Arnason. A good young guy who, when we signed him, looked to be a good, improving young guy....but now its like...wtf??Budaj has played absolutely amazing as of late. However, our offense has not. Hopefully the injuries last night to Foote and Wolski aren't serious
Does anyone know if Wolski is playing tonight?
From the website.....- Is out indefinitely (head). Suffered the injury on Nov. 22 at Los Angeles.Hope it isn't too serious.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Forsberg retirement tonight in Colorado?As great as he was, I wouldn't mind seeing him hang them up for good. He'll never be able to put in a solid season.Edit: And TSN says this is untrue.
1) Yeah, seems untrue as your link leads to nothing but that would have been AWESOME since i'm going to the game2) Last place, w00t3) I like the trade we made. Leopold was a solid Dman who has not missed a game this season, but I think this Wilson kid could end up being a pretty nice addition to the team. And if Leopold had to go anywhere, its nice to see him go back to Calgary. I never like seeing any player play for a bunch of teams in his career cause he just keeps getting trading.4) I hope we make another trade. Fans obv won't like this since the Avs were one of the top NHL teams every untill after the lockout, at which point we were still a playoff contender, untill now. We ARE in a re-building stage, it WILL take time. I really hate fans who don't care for a team like the Avs now, but in 5-7 years if they make a deep Cup run, those same fans will be back in the seats saying 'I believed in them the whole time' ....****ers./rantp.s. I am the only person on this forum who is glad you bumped this :club: ....You pissed off everyone else though.Go Avs, sweep the Wings one time kplzthxbye
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Craig Anderson is going to get lit up this year.
sorry i had to bump this again...I make constant bad predictions, but so far this is the worst ever. :club: The Colorado Avalanche are looking amazing. Winning games they shouldnt based on hard work and amazing goaltending. Everyone picked this team to miss the playoffs.Just amazing run...
  • 5 months later...

I figure this thread deserves to be brought back to life. I've been following the Avs most of the year because of Duchene, and now another reason to back them; Brian Fahey has been called up for Tuesday game. He went to my high school, a couple years behind me. Go Avs!

As a Wings fan this should not happen but I as well have been watching them a lot this year and they are very fun to watch and I will root for them as long as they don't play Detroit. If I posted this on facebook it would piss a lot of people off who are in Dtown since this for some reason is still considered our biggest rival but that era is long gone. Chicago should be the biggest rival imo and pretty much has been for a loooong time.