Wow Milton Being Milton

Eh I dunno, the first base coach started getting into it just as Bradley did, it really looks like the umpire is to blame here.
yes, the umpire is wrong here, but let's not paint Bradley as a saint just yethe has a history of not being able to control himself
yes, the umpire is wrong here, but let's not paint Bradley as a saint just yethe has a history of not being able to control himself
I'm not a fan of his, but I feel bad that he hurt himself because he fell over from his coach.
all true. and clearly the ump knew this.i think the first base coach's comments say it all.
And the umpire is suspended for the rest of the season.
**** yes. It should be worse, though- the season is almost over, and he directly caused a confrontation that led to a player possibly losing a year and a half. His ass should be gone for at least as long as Bradleys is.

The umpire definately baited Milton Bradley into a confrontation. Milton Bradley is known for having a very short temper and I feel that both parties could have handled this better. You would think the umpires would know better than to do something to put the focus on them instead of the players. The fans paid to see a baseball game and not the umpire.

I'm gonna take the side of the umpire. They do damn good work and never get recognition unless they blow a call. They take so much harassment from fans and players. Was it right of him to say whatever it was he said, eh probably not. But it's not like what he said has untrue.

**** yes. It should be worse, though- the season is almost over, and he directly caused a confrontation that led to a player possibly losing a year and a half. His ass should be gone for at least as long as Bradleys is.
nice. the only dumber comment i've read is milton's, where he also blames the umpire.the umpire was wrong here (as was milton, obv), but his errors are completely unrelated to his injury. nothing he did could reasonably have been expected to cause injury. as such, his punishment should not be related to the injury.

Milton Bradley's injury was a freak accident. I have never seen a player suffer a season ending injury being restrained by a coach before. Like I said earlier, neither Milton Bradley or the umpire are without blame here. The umpire shouldn't have said what he said to Bradley and Bradley shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

nice. the only dumber comment i've read is milton's, where he also blames the umpire.the umpire was wrong here (as was milton, obv), but his errors are completely unrelated to his injury. nothing he did could reasonably have been expected to cause injury. as such, his punishment should not be related to the injury.
Wrong. An umpire has no business purposefully trying to incite player. He can already do that, through making close calls, balls and strikes, etc.,and get away with it scott free. What the ump did was get involved in the game beyond what he is allowed to do,and it directly cost a player a year and a half. No, he didn't tackle the player, but in a court of law if witnesses say you incited something, guess what? You are guilty of a crime as well. If you incite a riot, and people get trampled and someone dies, guess what? That's negligent homicide. Occasionally, you can point a figure at someone else even if you are a total a-hole like Bradley. This is one of those times.
I'm gonna take the side of the umpire. They do damn good work and never get recognition unless they blow a call. They take so much harassment from fans and players. Was it right of him to say whatever it was he said, eh probably not. But it's not like what he said has untrue.
You don't know what he said, but you believe it's true so you are taking his side.Nice.