Now Playing 100-200 On Stars

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are playing at the nosebleed stakes, where there is a very limited amount of players able to play consistently at that level, and you hit and run someone for 10's of thousands of dollars, people get upset.It's about etiquette................and making money.
Thanks for explaining. I was having a hard time understanding until now.
Thanks for explaining. I was having a hard time understanding until now.
This was pretty obvious.
El Oh El
Sorry ... I'm out of my buzzed comfort zone and quickly reaching the point where I become a jerk who makes little to no sense. Which is a drastic change from the sober me who mixes light sarcasm with non-sensical shite.

I'll say this about Aba's alledged hit and run, and this will probably be my last serious post of the evening. It's a given that pulling a hit and run is considered highly unethical in any cash game, especially high stakes where the player pool is so small. So here's my question ...Does Brian do this because he really does need the money as many seem to imply? Or is there a chance he does it as some type of meta game strat b/c he feels he still has an edge over most players at these stakes, and tarnishing his rep might generate more action? I realize that's probably a bit of a stretch.

Ugh... A *HUGE* flaw in pokerstars software is that they allow absolutely anyone- even people without real money accounts- to join the waiting list for a table.Whenever a well known pro sits down, suddenly, the waiting list goes up to 100 people and when a seat legitimately opens up, it takes forever to fill, since the system has to work its way through a billion play money players who signed up for the game.
QFMFT! I think Daniel has the power to change that.
I'll say this about Aba's alledged hit and run, and this will probably be my last serious post of the evening. It's a given that pulling a hit and run is considered highly unethical in any cash game, especially high stakes where the player pool is so small. So here's my question ...Does Brian do this because he really does need the money as many seem to imply? Or is there a chance he does it as some type of meta game strat b/c he feels he still has an edge over most players at these stakes, and tarnishing his rep might generate more action? I realize that's probably a bit of a stretch.
maybe he just had to go get some food?
QFMFT! I think Daniel has the power to change that.
I took this issue straight to the top and he was dumbfounded as well. Why do people join the waiting list? It's so odd? I explained the problem with it but apparently this isn't an easy fix at all. Ideally, I think only allowing people to joing the waiting list when the have the money in their account makes sense, but the problem with that is that if a player has deposited funds that are taking time to get there he should be allowed to join the list. It's a quandry, but I'm going to continue to try and figure out a solution... in the meantine... these guys ain't so baaaaad :-) (Rocky reference)
I took this issue straight to the top and he was dumbfounded as well. Why do people join the waiting list? It's so odd? I explained the problem with it but apparently this isn't an easy fix at all. Ideally, I think only allowing people to joing the waiting list when the have the money in their account makes sense, but the problem with that is that if a player has deposited funds that are taking time to get there he should be allowed to join the list. It's a quandry, but I'm going to continue to try and figure out a solution... in the meantine... these guys ain't so baaaaad :-) (Rocky reference)
maybe they could make it so they could be on the waiting list, but when they are 1st in line, they have to have the money in the account or they are sent to the rear/or dropped autoJ