• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Both JVR and Phil Kessel have younger brothers that are 6'2 and are right handed shooting dman.

Reimer for Yakupov is being discussed..

I would think it would be Reimer plus..

Reimer and Franson for Yakupov, Scrivens and a 2nd round pick.

I made up the offer, but not the fact its being discussed.

"being discussed"

who is that from? Eklund/hockeybuzz?

Renaud Lavoie, well respected hockey insider from Montreal

Man, Serge, how pissed off will you be about trading away Yakupov if he ends up being a Leaf?

I honestly think Yak was terrible for the last 2 years in the games that I watched, but I'd still be happy to get him if the OIlers are selling low, A lot of players look terrible on the OIlers, and the Edmonton dressing room is a cesspool of laziness and lack of accountability that makes it tough for young players to develop properly. I'd like to see what he can do on an actual hockey team. That said, I don't see it happening. If it does happen, I think I will be unhappy with the price. I'd expect to see something more like Reimer + Gardiner + something else. I don't see Edmonton letting him go for scraps.

You can see signs of Yakupov ready to break out of his shell. Maybe its just me, but watching him the last couple of nights I get that feeling.

Backup goalies, which Reimer still is for most people Im guessing, dont get traded for 1st overall players. Look at how little the Leafs had to give up to get Bernier, and that a goalie coveted by quite a few teams, and the best offer was players who for the most part have become waiver wire fodder.

Man, Serge, how pissed off will you be about trading away Yakupov if he ends up being a Leaf?

I honestly think Yak was terrible for the last 2 years in the games that I watched, but I'd still be happy to get him if the OIlers are selling low, A lot of players look terrible on the OIlers, and the Edmonton dressing room is a cesspool of laziness and lack of accountability that makes it tough for young players to develop properly. I'd like to see what he can do on an actual hockey team. That said, I don't see it happening. If it does happen, I think I will be unhappy with the price. I'd expect to see something more like Reimer + Gardiner + something else. I don't see Edmonton letting him go for scraps.

Too much Clash of Clans?

I am a poker player, so I try not to be results oriented...I made a trade that I needed to , if I am serious about competing this year..Plus I already of have a young Leaf that I hope will be a cornerstone for many years.

If you like to look at results though, I have already won 2 games because of the trade...

You can see signs of Yakupov ready to break out of his shell. Maybe its just me, but watching him the last couple of nights I get that feeling.

Backup goalies, which Reimer still is for most people Im guessing, dont get traded for 1st overall players. Look at how little the Leafs had to give up to get Bernier, and that a goalie coveted by quite a few teams, and the best offer was players who for the most part have become waiver wire fodder.

Lavoie mentioned what Dubey is also saying..Yakupov is almost being set up to fail , and he isnt being handled properly..

Its just makes so much sense...Leafs have a young number one goalie in Bernier..They have an abundance of young offensive dman..They need another top end scorer...

The Oilers need a goalie and a dman like Franson/Gardiner and who knows maybe even Phaneuf...

I agree about your assesment of 1st picks vs backup goalies..But at the end of the day...Doesnt matter what happened 3 years ago.

Being a poker player, and not focusing on results, must really help in your fandom of the Leafs. :)

The hilarity of the comment coming from a fan of a team thats best player is Jiri Tlusty.

The hilarity of the comment coming from a fan of a team thats best player is Jiri Tlusty.

Why? I'm not a poker player, all I care about is results. I dont really care about my false sense of my team making the right moves.

I got a Cup. How many you got in your lifetime? RESULTS BABY!

Oh, and thanks for Tlusty.

Why? I'm not a poker player, all I care about is results. I dont really care about my false sense of my team making the right moves.

I got a Cup. How many you got in your lifetime? RESULTS BABY!

Oh, and thanks for Tlusty.

When we are both old and sitting at Fairview Mall having coffee with all the other 80 year old Armenian men..I will have 8 cups..you will still have one.

When we are both old and sitting at Fairview Mall having coffee with all the other 80 year old Armenian men..I will have 8 cups..you will still have one.

no way you'll be drinking that many cups of coffee at 80. :)

eh, your probably right, but luckily by then I will have forgotten this boast on your part.

Also, my grandfather used to be one of those guys. I used to get a kick out of hearing that he wouldn't go for like a week or so because he got into a fight with one his buddies there about some Euro soccer history thing, lol.

no way you'll be drinking that many cups of coffee at 80. :)

eh, your probably right, but luckily by then I will have forgotten this boast on your part.

Also, my grandfather used to be one of those guys. I used to get a kick out of hearing that he wouldn't go for like a week or so because he got into a fight with one his buddies there about some Euro soccer history thing, lol.

its hilarious..they are always there...its like a social club in the middle of the mall

That will make you a very over-caffeinated 80 yr old.