mike matusow weighs in on tuan on fulltilt chat

I remember some pros saying something things Gus Hansen a few years back along the lines of "he fking sucks," too. Of course, they didn't use the kind of language that our favorite tourette's patient Matusow used...
Freddy Debb has more class than Matusow. When Hansen won his first WPT championship, Debb said he would love to play against Hansen everyday.

sounds like just pure jealousy from "the mouth". if that's really his opinion, perhaps he should backed it up with one iota of substance - even one hand. what a loser. I was two feet from tuan the last three days of the event and his play was simply awesome. he always seemed to make the right lay downs, calls, and moves.

I remember some pros saying something things Gus Hansen a few years back along the lines of "he fking sucks," too.  Of course, they didn't use the kind of language that our favorite tourette's patient Matusow used...
Freddy Debb has more class than Matusow. When Hansen won his first WPT championship, Debb said he would love to play against Hansen everyday.
yeah, I was just thinking of that the other day when I busted that tourny out of the tape collection. Kinda funny don't ya think. I'll put it like this, Barry Greenstein wouldn't be his mentor if Tuan and Nam didn't have some serious game

I think its funny that Daniel wrote about this in Cardplayer. Very little focus or respect has been given to Asian Poker players, but I think thats all changed/changing. Tuan Le's two WPT wins, Phan leading the POY race, 3 or 4 Asian players in top 10 POY race right now. Its just a matter of time before Juanda wins a WPT event.

Yes indeed, my Vietnamese brethren are tearing it up and have been for a while. However, didn't Tuan say a couple weeks ago on the WPT broadcast that he was going to quit poker as soon as he hit a certain dollar figure? He sounded like he wanted to get in and get out. It would be a shame to see a great young player like him leave the game young. Of course, he is vietnamese and we were born to gamble so we'll have to see if he really does leave.

bstarr04 (Observer): mike u think tuan is good?Mike Matusow: u relly want my pinionMike Matusow: he fking sucks
anyone that cry's after being beat in poker should have no "pinions" about anybody
Yes indeed, my Vietnamese brethren are tearing it up and have been for a while. However, didn't Tuan say a couple weeks ago on the WPT broadcast that he was going to quit poker as soon as he hit a certain dollar figure? He sounded like he wanted to get in and get out. It would be a shame to see a great young player like him leave the game young. Of course, he is vietnamese and we were born to gamble so we'll have to see if he really does leave.
I dont remember the exact quote but it was something like "if i hit a significant figure then I will walk away" I think he went on to say something like significant would be 7 digits (implying $10,000,000+)

7 digits.....he might be around for a little while after all. Now if the announcers could just learn to pronounce Vietnamese names correctly...I was visiting my parents and watching poker on TV. there were about 3-4 Vietnamese guys at the table and my father winced everytime an announcer said one of their names. haha. Probably why Scotty goes by Scotty.

Is it only a matter of time before Matusow bites off someone's ear at the poker table and threatens to eat their children?
i can see it now..."my sssstyle is impeccable, my defensssse impregnable, ONE TIME BABY!"
Is it only a matter of time before Matusow bites off someone's ear at the poker table and threatens to eat their children?
i can see it now..."my sssstyle is impeccable, my defensssse impregnable, ONE TIME BABY!"
Now thats funny :club: VINDICATION BABY!
I dont remember the exact quote but it was something like "if i hit a significant figure then I will walk away" I think he went on to say something like significant would be 7 digits (implying $10,000,000+)
8 figures
8 figures
LOL well theres one leak in my game found, thanks for the correction.
why is his nickname "the mouth"?
hes loud and obnoxious at the table. he truely believes he is the best poker player in the world and anytime he loses its due to a series of bad beats.

Read all of the commentary on cardplayer.com about the $25k tourney. Tuan Le was in there grinding it out playing some serious power poker. He just didn't sit there and wait for cards. I think if you ask any respectable professional they will tell you he is a tough opponent.

Tuan Le has also gotten some extremely lucky cards to fall for him(He hits a miracle inside straight on the river to keep him alive in his heads up match for the championship) .......I think hes eventually gonna run into a wall but hes doin a helluva job right now