Getting Called A "donk"

Sorry, this is all from memory, no hand histories. This is also not a question about the actual hand (although Im sure some people will tell me how I SHOULD have played it), so there are results. This is just a rant/question.This morning I was playing on PS, 6-max .25/.50 NL.The player to my right raised to $2 in MP with J-6 offsuit. I called with A-K suited. I don't remember the exact flop, but it came with a 6, and I missed. Another player that had called the raise bet out, villain raised and I folded. Long story short, after the turn of another 6, they get it all in and villain wins.I say "nh...thanks for the info"....basically saying "nice to know you will raise with J-6 os". I wasn't even commenting on it being a good or bad play; just that I liked the info.So, the next hand I limp in with A-4 spades after a few other limps. The flop comes A-3-5, with the 3-5 being spades. It checks around. Villain bets .50 cents into a $2+ pot. I of course call. Everyone else folds.The turn is a jack, no spade. Villain bets $1. I call.The river is a 2 diamonds to give me the wheel. Villain bets $2, I raise to $7. Villain calls with pocket Queens.They then go into this rant of how much of a donkey I am for being in the hand. Yes, I limped, but then I flopped top pair with a nut flush / straight / straight flush draw, and I had the nerve to call a .50 cent bet and then a $1 bet. I got cussed out for 10 minutes because of that hand.How do you you guys deal with people like this? The best I could think to do was just agree "Yep, I'm a donk...I play bad" and keep taking their money.

I just post "lol" after everything they say. That gets them more annoyed and angry and I just keep doing it till they leave, lose all their money or shut up.The guy in my sig was a a prime example. I was Shortstack on the BB with 99. He min raised from the button, I pushed making him pay about 235 extra to call and he shows the KJ and then berates me for 15 minutes about what a donkey and what rock (don't quite see how that is an insult). I just laugh, it's funny.

How do you you guys deal with people like this?
I just ignore them. By the way, I'm not sure I like your comment to him about the info. You are just giving info right back to him. If I know that someone notices something about how I play I am apt to change it. In other words, info is not worth as much if he knows you have it.
I just ignore them. By the way, I'm not sure I like your comment to him about the info. You are just giving info right back to him. If I know that someone notices something about how I play I am apt to change it. In other words, info is not worth as much if he knows you have it.
True...you are right...I need to just accept the info and stay quiet. That is something I am working on as well.

i got called a donk for calling a standard raise with 4,6s from position and hitting a straight.and the dude kept goin, so i said lets play HU. so we opened a table, i let him hang himself a couple times while he was on tilt, he kept re-loading to the max, and then when i was up 1 bi off him i just up and left. lolbaaahhaha that probably put him on ultra tilt

I usually tell them "Stick around a while and you will see worse plays than that"
I'm totally stealing that. I get called a donk every single time I play PLO. You get used to it when you make position plays.

I'm a big fan of making donk-like comments such as "I had a feeling it was hitting" and "I must have played it right, I won didn't I?" That seems to rile them up further, giving some free entertainment.

Sorry, this is all from memory, no hand histories. This is also not a question about the actual hand (although Im sure some people will tell me how I SHOULD have played it), so there are results. This is just a rant/question.This morning I was playing on PS, 6-max .25/.50 NL.The player to my right raised to $2 in MP with J-6 offsuit. I called with A-K suited. I don't remember the exact flop, but it came with a 6, and I missed. Another player that had called the raise bet out, villain raised and I folded. Long story short, after the turn of another 6, they get it all in and villain wins.I say "nh...thanks for the info"....basically saying "nice to know you will raise with J-6 os". I wasn't even commenting on it being a good or bad play; just that I liked the info.So, the next hand I limp in with A-4 spades after a few other limps. The flop comes A-3-5, with the 3-5 being spades. It checks around. Villain bets .50 cents into a $2+ pot. I of course call. Everyone else folds.The turn is a jack, no spade. Villain bets $1. I call.The river is a 2 diamonds to give me the wheel. Villain bets $2, I raise to $7. Villain calls with pocket Queens.They then go into this rant of how much of a donkey I am for being in the hand. Yes, I limped, but then I flopped top pair with a nut flush / straight / straight flush draw, and I had the nerve to call a .50 cent bet and then a $1 bet. I got cussed out for 10 minutes because of that hand.How do you you guys deal with people like this? The best I could think to do was just agree "Yep, I'm a donk...I play bad" and keep taking their money.
Don't tap the tank. If they are fish, don't alert them to that fact, just take the insults...and their money at the same time!

These threads always amaze me. Am I the only person who leaves chat turned off about 90% of the time? I usually only have it on if I'm at a micro table screwing around. In tournaments, I always turn it back on when (on the rare occasion) I make a final table, in case anyone wants to deal.

Well his $7 river call is kinda donkey style. Didn't he just limp in with QQ, then continue to bet into the A on the flop, turn etc etc. he is the donkey here.
LOL...Yeah, exactly. I hate getting called a donk, BY a donk.
can't see what the problem is.Being called a donk is +EV.Plenty of money to be made when people think you can't play
Exactly.Play up to it as well. Politely ask why they think your plays are wrong. Keep stringing them along "I thought an Ace was a good card", "They were the same suit, is that not good?"if you can get a conversation going you will drag more out of them than poker tracker ever will. Avoid conflict, be deferential and most people can't but help to share their 'wisdom' with you

I look at the chat but don't bother or have time to respond with more than something like ?, :club:, lol, who me, what, nh

there's a strong relationship between how vocal one is in criticizing other players at the table and how bad one sucks. not because of they know not to tap the glass, but because they're successful enough that they genuinely dont care about the outcome of one hand enough to get pissy.these are the kinds of people who NEVER accept invitations to play HU4ROLLZ or kick it up to 30/60 because deep down they know they're trash. passive-aggressive sarcasm is weak as hell too. a definite sign of insecurity.

there's a strong relationship between how vocal one is in criticizing other players at the table and how bad one sucks. not because of they know not to tap the glass, but because they're successful enough that they genuinely dont care about the outcome of one hand enough to get pissy.these are the kinds of people who NEVER accept invitations to play HU4ROLLZ or kick it up to 30/60 because deep down they know they're trash. passive-aggressive sarcasm is weak as hell too. a definite sign of insecurity.
i disagree with your last two comments. passive-aggressive sarcasm is very funny in my mind, and i don't see how that makes someone insecure. also, are you saying that people that DO care about the outcome of one hand aren't successful?? because this also is not true in any way.