I-n-n-o-c-e-n-t....

Only on FCP can DN throw a drama-bomb about the unspeakable evil that is dog fighting, and have it end up being a debate about 911 and Bush. LOLOLOL!Ya just gotta love this place.Vick, may you burn in Hell sir.and Balloon! ...those Afghanis....those fish!!!....If I never sleep again I have you to blame sir! :club:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, again, sorry if my half-assed analogies are no good. I just wish people would chill back, take the high ground for once, and not join the witch hunt. It's rightist, blood-lust thinking that needs to be just, removed from a civil society.

Well, again, sorry if my half-assed analogies are no good. I just wish people would chill back, take the high ground for once, and not join the witch hunt. It's rightist, blood-lust thinking that needs to be just, removed from a civil society.
witch hunt? He's pleading GUILTY.
Not before DN's blog.
Nick, seriously...people have a right to have an opinion and it should all be OK. It's proof we are alive. People have thoughts and feelings etc. We are not robots. It's Daniels blog, and nothing he or anyone else said matters really. The courts do what they want anyway, regardless of anyones opinions. This is a poker forum! It's just folks talking, venting, chewing the fat, shooting the shit. There is no right or wrong. It just is.Let it go ....
Nick, seriously...people have a right to have an opinion and it should all be OK. It's proof we are alive. People have thoughts and feelings etc. We are not robots. It's Daniels blog, and nothing he or anyone else said matters really. The courts do what they want anyway, regardless of anyones opinions. This is a poker forum! It's just folks talking, venting, chewing the fat, shooting the shit. There is no right or wrong. It just is.Let it go ....
Well, I was just coming to the aid of 13Cards, who lost some respect for DN, and the forum jumped down his throat. How DARE he question DN?
Is having a wife close enough?
I'm thinking yes.BTW, the whole "eye for an eye leaves the world blind"??? WTH? Seems to me if I knew I'd lose my eye for taking somebody else's... I wouldn't be taking no damn eyes!!!!
Well, I was just coming to the aid of 13Cards, who lost some respect for DN, and the forum jumped down his throat. How DARE he question DN?
I don't think anybody(especially me) jumped down his throat. Give people a little more credit for forming their own opinions because I certainly do. Nothing DN puts in his blog will have an bearing on MY opinions or most posters here. As for you questioning my open-mindedness, you don't know me so please don't make such blanket comments. As I said before I don't agree with large portions of the blog but I do understand the emotion involved. This is far from the most offensive blog I've read here or anywhere. For the record I'm a pacifist and would never hurt anything or anyone.

In respect to people talking earlier about the death penalty....I think an eye for an eye is a good policy to stand by. You murder someone, you should lose your life. They didnt have a choice to live or die, I dont think the murderer should either.

In respect to people talking earlier about the death penalty....I think an eye for an eye is a good policy to stand by. You murder someone, you should lose your life. They didnt have a choice to live or die, I dont think the murderer should either.
So if the imperfect system we have was WRONG about the "accused murderer"... then what? Oh well, we're sorry?
I'm trying to remember...What court convicted Don Imus when he lost his job?
the kangaroo court.. that was such a retarded witch hunt.. so many people on the radio say worse stuff.. hell IMUS says worse stuff. .so absurd

Here's what I don't understand...If anybody turned on ESPN (or any regular news channel for that matter) in the last few days, the news was all about Vick taking the plea deal.It seems that all we're discussing here is semantics-Daniel posting the blog before Vick officially accepted the plea deal means that he put his foot in his mouth??Unfortunately, every once in a while, things like the Duke Lacrosse witch hunt happen, but for the most part the sources that appear on ESPN are pretty valid.On a personal note, I hope they lock Vick up for a long long time--what sick guy gets off on hanging and drowning dogs???

Either I'm a horrible writer that can't get the message across, or some people have issues with reading comprehension. As I said in my blog, having thoughts of ripping Vick to shreds are not healthy and are wrong, but that's the first thought that came to my mind, hence the term first instinct. Here is an example for you that must help clairify things: Your daughter has been raped and some evidence points towards the mailman. You aren't even sure if it was the mailman, but that's your prime suspect. Ask yourself the following: what do you honestly believe your first reaction would be? The reaction that you feel before even thinking about the fact that it's not necessarily the mailman? Be honest. I'd tell you what my first thought would be, WHERE IS HE!!!!!!!!!! A little Jack Bauer-esque maybe. Obviously after I thougth about it, I'd then realize that I need to make sure it's him before I do anything stupid. With the Vick case, it seemed ridiculously obvious that he was a prime suspect. If he was found completely innocent than those thoughts might change from anger to empathy for a guy who was falsly accused of a horrible crime. OJ Simpson was judged innocent of murder. I still think he should be punished for the crime. I don't care what the jury said, I beleive he is guilty and should be punished. Michael Jackson is someone I beleive to be a child molester. I can't prove it, and he was never convicted of a crime, but I promise you this, my children would not be having a slumber party over at the Jacko pad. Now that Vick is guilty in the court of law, it's "ok" to be angry at what he did. Based on several of the arguments, having any prejudice towards two 'innocent" men in OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson would be deemed wrong and ignorant. IMO, beleiving that Vick wasn't guilty even before his admission was slightly naive and ignorant. Far too many smoking guns for him to be totally innocent. The level of involvement was certainly questionable, but what was absolutley clear was that he was involved. That's enough for me, even if all he did was own the house and knew what was happening. That much was a clear fact: he woned a house where dog fighting took place. That was never in question.

I thought we all agreed that this thread was now for us to argue the Iraq War???????You guys have interweb ADD. Try to focus next timeAnd my first reaction to the above....switch to FedEx

Now that Vick is guilty in the court of law, it's "ok" to be angry at what he did. Based on several of the arguments, having any prejudice towards two 'innocent" men in OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson would be deemed wrong and ignorant. IMO, beleiving that Vick wasn't guilty even before his admission was slightly naive and ignorant. Far too many smoking guns for him to be totally innocent. The level of involvement was certainly questionable, but what was absolutley clear was that he was involved. That's enough for me, even if all he did was own the house and knew what was happening. That much was a clear fact: he woned a house where dog fighting took place. That was never in question.
Exactly.Frankly, I don't need a court of law to tell me how I feel about Vick, OJ, or any number of "real" people in my own life. Believe it or not people, many of us can actually form conclusions about a person's character before a jury gets to decide for us. Yeah, Vick will now be "guilty" - doesn't change my opinion of him one bit. There are plenty of people I know who I find equally useless who will never be convicted of a crime - they still are not welcome in my home.

I find the whole thing a bit off putting, in that babies are aborted daily and nobody wants the aborting mother killed. What Vick did is disgusting and shows underlying psychological issues, but let's have some perspective. Dogs. Humans. Priorities, people.

I find the whole thing a bit off putting, in that babies are aborted daily and nobody wants the aborting mother killed. What Vick did is disgusting and shows underlying psychological issues, but let's have some perspective. Dogs. Humans. Priorities, people.
I think "PotOdds RAC" addresses this issue quite well in another thread.
I think that what we need to do is prioritize all of the world's "problems" on a scale from "Tragedy" to "It can Wait" then we must only talk about them and address them in order. Furthermore, we should prohibit the police from enforcing non-important laws before completely erasing all "major" crimes. So, Speeding will be ok as long as there are still killers on the streets....and no more worrying about a broken heart - it'll be years before selfish feelings are allowed.
The Iraq war!! Abortion!! Anyone one have anymore pet issues ( pun intended) they wanna drag out and bring into this thread and say they are more worthy than Vick? How about how the fluoridation of water is the tool for the New World Order to establish mind control over the masses?
The Iraq war!! Abortion!! Anyone one have anymore pet issues ( pun intended) they wanna drag out and bring into this thread and say they are more worthy than Vick? How about how the fluoridation of water is the tool for the New World Order to establish mind control over the masses?
Waters flouridated? Shit, my goose is cooked.
Daniel...if you are a member of a Christian church, I was wondering what your pastor might say about the Vick case, and your take on it.
there has always been extreme violence in a lot of religions. maybe that's the issue?
Well if he does come back, I hope this is where we next see him.saddam_hanging0103.jpg
u mean u hope to see him a victim of a fraudulent trial? and then being executed as revenge?
Oh okay, so if I were to say "I'm not a racist... but I hate all black people, because my natural instinct when walking home alone at night is that I'm going to get robbed, but I'm human and I know it's not right to think that way". Would be acceptable?He put his foot in his mouth.
i think it's pretty applicable.
This is why they shouldn't let you vote till you own property.
this is probably one of the most disturbing things i have read in a while.