Took the first week and half of October off from poker. Then I played live: lol-fishnotgettingpaidafterdrawingaments200NL we're 5 handed at this point.Hero has $600 and villain covers.Hero is Button with A :club: K :spade:1 fold, Villain raises to $11, Hero raises to $35, 2 folds, Villain calls ($73)A :ts 9 :4h 6 :club:Villain checks, Hero bets $50, villain calls ($173)2 :diamond:Villain checks, Hero bets $120, Villain calls ($413)K :club:Villain CHECKS, Hero checksVillain wins with Q :5c T :3h

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PokerStars Game #34060246152: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2009/10/15 7:40:27 CT [2009/10/15 8:40:27 ET]Table 'Klonios II' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: gazelle427 ($10 in chips) Seat 2: santisa ($2.90 in chips) Seat 3: hero ($15.15 in chips) Seat 4: Evgeniy tmn ($2.05 in chips) Seat 5: DerickDevil ($12.35 in chips) Seat 6: SHEIKATA ($1.75 in chips) Seat 7: justicecool ($2.05 in chips) Seat 8: R.IsaiahG. ($11.80 in chips) santisa: posts small blind $0.05hero: posts big blind $0.10itr002: sits out *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to hero [Kh Ks]Evgeniy tmn: folds DerickDevil: folds SHEIKATA: folds justicecool: folds R.IsaiahG.: folds gazelle427: folds santisa: raises $0.10 to $0.20hero: raises $2.80 to $3santisa: calls $2.70 and is all-inUncalled bet ($0.10) returned to hero*** FLOP *** [Td 7c 8d]*** TURN *** [Td 7c 8d] [4d]*** RIVER *** [Td 7c 8d 4d] [5h]*** SHOW DOWN ***santisa: shows [Kd 3d] (a flush, King high)hero: shows [Kh Ks] (a pair of Kings)santisa collected $5.55 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $5.80 | Rake $0.25 Board [Td 7c 8d 4d 5h]i guess this is pretty standard right... i obviously have Q high here.. very **** obviouslyonly reason i put him in pre was becuase he was calling every raise from everyone.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($801.55)SB ($526.50)BB ($331.25)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6club.gif, 7heart.gifHero bets $12, SB calls $10, 1 foldFlop: ($28) 5diamond.gif, Jspade.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $20, SB raises $60, Hero calls $40Turn: ($148) 6spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $120, Hero calls $120River: ($388) Qclub.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $608.55, SB calls $333.50Total pot: $1055Results:Hero had 6club.gif, 7heart.gif (one pair, sixes).SB had Adiamond.gif, Qheart.gif (one pair, Queens).Outcome: SB won $1056This put me on massive tilt, he's a really big winner but I think his play is soooooooo bad here, sigh. Oh well gives me lots of info for the future and a lot of assumptions I made during the hand were true and I got that verified by showdown.
would love to hear your thoughts on the turn after villian c/r u on the flop. i would have to think turn is a fold most of the time.
would love to hear your thoughts on the turn after villian c/r u on the flop. i would have to think turn is a fold most of the time.
I wouldn't have called flop if I was going to fold this turn. His flop C/R is just so FOS. No solid reg would c/r the flop with a real hand. If he had a set he would make it bigger so as to not let me draw with the right price with any of my draws, especially because there are a billion bad cards. If he had a draw he'd make it bigger because it's a semibluff and he's pricing me into a call on the flop. Ideally with a semibluff you go for either a b/3b or you c/c because the c/r gives you awkward sizing for flop/turn/river. You can't quite get it all in on flop c/r and bet turn big, and if you c/r small, bet turn, you have a huge river bet that won't get paid if you do hit your draw and is scary to bluff a huge pot size bet at the end.Also, I took timing into account on turn. His c/r there was nothing terrible with timing, but his sizing was so LOL that I was just confused and figured since I run like god I'd bink my straight on the turn. His turn bet was instant. The combination of small c/r repping nothing then instant big bet on turn just doesn't add up to a hand.River play is rough... it sucks because I thought maybeeeeeee he had 9T so I was going to fold if a Q/7/spade came and he shoved. When he checked I was confused and AP doesn't give me a ton of time to think. Checking back might be better? I really don't know but I would have pissed myself if he had something retarded like 89 or something and showed down winner.

This hand was also that day...different terrible villain.No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($885)SB ($612.40)BB ($427)UTG ($1439.30)MP ($818.30)CO ($1646.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10diamond.gif, Kdiamond.gifUTG bets $14, 1 fold, CO calls $14, Hero calls $14, 2 foldsFlop: ($48) 9diamond.gif, Jspade.gif, 3heart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, CO bets $44, Hero calls $44, 1 foldTurn: ($136) 9spade.gif(2 players)CO checks, Hero checksRiver: ($136) 3diamond.gif(2 players)CO bets $136, Hero calls $136Total pot: $408Results:Hero had 10diamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif (two pair, nines and threes).CO had 8diamond.gif, Adiamond.gif (two pair, nines and threes).Outcome: CO won $404.50If I had more time to think here I would have minraised river or something, but I was hovering fold and going over my notes/reads and realized he just never had a made hand. If I had about 10 more second I would have raised to get rid of A high bluffs but I didn't get my thought process that far.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($801.55)SB ($526.50)BB ($331.25)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6club.gif, 7heart.gifHero bets $12, SB calls $10, 1 foldFlop: ($28) 5diamond.gif, Jspade.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $20, SB raises $60, Hero calls $40Turn: ($148) 6spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $120, Hero calls $120River: ($388) Qclub.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $608.55, SB calls $333.50Total pot: $1055Results:Hero had 6club.gif, 7heart.gif (one pair, sixes).SB had Adiamond.gif, Qheart.gif (one pair, Queens).Outcome: SB won $1056This put me on massive tilt, he's a really big winner but I think his play is soooooooo bad here, sigh. Oh well gives me lots of info for the future and a lot of assumptions I made during the hand were true and I got that verified by showdown.
To answer Krup, and comment on this hand.Its def not a call on the turn. Its a fold or raise.You shouldnt plan your play based on your decision from the previous street. I understand you decided, "if i'm calling the flop, i'm gonna call the turn"but you need to evaluate each street when something catches you off guardand for me. his lead out bet on the turn catches me off guard. Its such a nice bet at the perfect time that I cant help but pause.Its here, and ONLY here that i decide, he is repping strength with a weak hand, and i'm raising. or he is repping strength cuz he is strong. and i'm folding.The hand seems complicated but its not. These are my favorite hands because they require some more stop/go/stop/go type thinking. and in the end its a good fold, or a well placed raise that is the best route.one phrase i like and fits this hand well is: "calling is like stopping in the middle of a busy street. It just doesnt make sense"
This hand was also that day...different terrible villain.No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($885)SB ($612.40)BB ($427)UTG ($1439.30)MP ($818.30)CO ($1646.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10diamond.gif, Kdiamond.gifUTG bets $14, 1 fold, CO calls $14, Hero calls $14, 2 foldsFlop: ($48) 9diamond.gif, Jspade.gif, 3heart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, CO bets $44, Hero calls $44, 1 foldTurn: ($136) 9spade.gif(2 players)CO checks, Hero checksRiver: ($136) 3diamond.gif(2 players)CO bets $136, Hero calls $136Total pot: $408Results:Hero had 10diamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif (two pair, nines and threes).CO had 8diamond.gif, Adiamond.gif (two pair, nines and threes).Outcome: CO won $404.50If I had more time to think here I would have minraised river or something, but I was hovering fold and going over my notes/reads and realized he just never had a made hand. If I had about 10 more second I would have raised to get rid of A high bluffs but I didn't get my thought process that far.
So, i tried not to look at the results, but since i did.. LOL - hero call gone wrong. Now... I noticed on the turn he gave up. why didnt you fire?it was pretty obvious he had nil and was giivng you the hand to any bet.Because you made a hero call on the river, i have to assume you thought he had nothing.so why wait until the river to call a bet?This turn is a eeaaasy bet
so why wait until the river to call a bet?
I think he's waiting till river here bc he wasn't sure on the turn, and felt he had some equity, and when villain reps massive strength on a total brick it's not the most horrific pickoff spot in the world.
I think he's waiting till river here bc he wasn't sure on the turn, and felt he had some equity, and when villain reps massive strength on a total brick it's not the most horrific pickoff spot in the world.
I am not disagreeing with you on this comment. It makes sense. But what doesn't make any sense is the entire hand and the way it was playd. I mean, maybe I'm missing something but this is pretty obvious on the turn that villain has nothing. It was a mere flop steal once the pf raiser checked the dry board. I seriously did not thnk twice about villain having a J. So this is why I ask. Why check back the turn.

We don't have a whole tun of info until he goes nuts on the river imo... I mean I don't even have stats on the villain so I can't discredit him for a jack, AA, KK, QQ... or even some under pocket pairI dunno, maybe I just don't understand the play this high up quite yet, but to the turn this is a reasonable line for a lot of hands with ok value... I agree pulling the trigger on the float does take this pot down often, but I'd really have to have seen some history to speculate on the turn decision

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeePoker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 326654The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (UTG+2): $10.15MP1: $1.70MP2: $5.65CO: $9.00BTN: $11.45SB: $16.30BB: $10.00UTG: $26.40UTG+1: $8.60Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+2 with J :club: J :D1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.50, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.90, MP2 calls $0.90Flop: ($4.45) A :qh J :jh 7 :ts(3 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks, BTN bets $1.90, Hero raises to $5.10, MP2 calls $4.25 all in, BTN raises to $9.20, Hero calls $3.65 all inTurn: ($26.20) 5 :4h(3 players - 2 are all in)River: ($26.20) T :club:(3 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $26.20Hero shows J :5c J :D (three of a kind, Jacks)MP2 shows K :D 6 :D (high card Ace)BTN shows A :ts A :3h (three of a kind, Aces)BTN wins $8.55BTN wins $16.35(Rake: $1.30)that flop looks kinda rigggggeddd

justice i suppose... like 5 minutes after that hand.Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 326666The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (UTG+1): $11.20UTG+2: $4.05MP1: $2.35MP2: $9.90CO: $10.10BTN: $2.00SB: $10.00BB: $11.75UTG: $19.70MP1 posts a big blind ($0.10)Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :4h Q :D1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.20, MP2 calls $0.30, 4 foldsFlop: ($1.05) Q :qh 7 :club: 6 :jh(3 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.80, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $9.60 all in, Hero calls $6.80Turn: ($20.25) A :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($20.25) 5 :D(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $20.25Hero shows Q :5c Q :D (three of a kind, Queens)MP2 shows 7 :3h 7 :D (three of a kind, Sevens)Hero wins $19.25(Rake: $1.00)should i be leading out on that flop since it is kinda drawish?

Basically RT because raising folds out every hand we beat while getting just about every hand better than us to call. We rep a really really narrow range with either of those hands. There aren't many hands we flat flop with and raise turn in the first hand on such a draw-heavy board, and on the second hand how many hands flat flop and fire turn? It makes our line look FOS and we lose a lot of value, making it easier for villains to fold to our value lines and picking off our bluff lines. Even if in this particular vacuum it didn't work.

Basically RT because raising folds out every hand we beat while getting just about every hand better than us to call. We rep a really really narrow range with either of those hands. There aren't many hands we flat flop with and raise turn in the first hand on such a draw-heavy board, and on the second hand how many hands flat flop and fire turn? It makes our line look FOS and we lose a lot of value, making it easier for villains to fold to our value lines and picking off our bluff lines. Even if in this particular vacuum it didn't work.
P.S. - just so u know, it feels good to be in here talking poker.. even tho i've been away for a while :)as for your post.. .. i'm not following..the first hand it went (flop) villain check, hero bet, villain c/r hero call. Flat calling the c/r doesnt necessarily give away a lot of info. after all.. we dont know stats but what we do know is its 3 handed and both players have more than 130bb's. I'd flat with KJ,QJ,10,J in that spot.so now there hasnt been much talk on range, and i'm not downloading pokerstove, but vs a set we are 4-1 dog on the turn. vs AJ we are 2.3-1 dog.we are getting 2.2 on our call on the turn. Plus we dont really know where we are in the hand IMO. If for whatever reason you guys agree that we KNOW villain is bluffing on the turn, why on earth are we flat calling and then betting the river when we actually have a pair? essentially turning our hand into a bluff, that only gets called by better.(seriously, i know Tskillz is a good player, but his comment that villains play here is horrible is results based imo.) up to the river, villain played this hand fine.on the 2nd hand, this is all about us having position. its 6 handed, with a preflpo raise from UTG. co call and we call on button.UTG checks flop. CO fires a pot sized bet, we call. UTG folds. if CO fires the turn, i''m folding. if CO checks the turn, i'm betting. (I dont see CO firing a pot sized bet on the flop with a Jack. which is one of the reasons i'm eliminating a J from his holding)the 9 pairing on the turn is a better card for us, than is for villain. (IMO of course... )once villain checks, i;m going to bet. You have to realize, you (maybe others) are trying to look at this hand as if villain will pick off a bluff because we flat the flop. and then fire when checked too.but this line can hold true for a number of hands here. Villain is going to assign us a range like we did him. Even if he is sitting there thinking... "shiit i know you're full of it."he still has to pull the trigger. Putting the decision back on another player is strategy too. Look at a player like durrr, he is a master at it.
Villain wins with Q :ts T :4h
Same villain 2 nights later.200NL 6 handedHero has $300, Villain covers Hero is SB with A :club: K :spade:1 fold, Villain raises to $12, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, 1 fold, Villain calls, Button folds ($95) I should have raised bigger after the button called and I'd be oop... how much do you think? $60?Flop: 2 :5c 9 :3h 9 :spade:Hero????

^^Villain is LAGtastic. He is a winner because the game is so loose/passive and he's aggro. Seems to not care about position, if its good enough to play in his opinion, he'll play it... The last 3bet pot I played against him is on the last page. He does fold to a lot of my 3bets. I think a solid range would be 22-QQ and most/all sooooted broadways. He for sure ships KK and I'm unsure about AA.Also, I don't discount A9 suited as he called a 3bet in position with A8 earlier in this session and flopped trip 8s.Also. I folded/showed A3ss (in the bb) on a A23Q to a c/r from the sb who flopped the wheel...Even taking this all into acct, I can't decide what line I like in this hand...

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 327523The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $22.90Hero (BB): $11.00UTG: $5.40UTG+1: $2.15UTG+2: $5.90MP1: $1.60MP2: $5.60CO: $9.45BTN: $9.85Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with J :club: K :ts5 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($0.85) T :3h T :4h Q :5c(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, CO raises to $9.05 all in, Hero calls $7.05how is this and should i lead the flop or is the c/r with the intention of getting it in fine?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 327523The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $22.90Hero (BB): $11.00UTG: $5.40UTG+1: $2.15UTG+2: $5.90MP1: $1.60MP2: $5.60CO: $9.45BTN: $9.85Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with J :club: K :ts5 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($0.85) T :3h T :4h Q :5c(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, CO raises to $9.05 all in, Hero calls $7.05how is this and should i lead the flop or is the c/r with the intention of getting it in fine?
I let this go preflop.you're HU OOP. and could very well be dominated. vs JJ-AA, AKas for the flop. I think it read dependent. The reason i say this is because; does villain c-bet his pf raises? would he fire with AK here? or 77-99,i'd c/r if you think he will c-bet.. other wise i'm usually going to lead this flop. as playedYou "could" be drawing to 1 out. if he has QQ. I wonder what reads you have on villain tho.my experience here would tell me that QQ would flat your raise and expect you to fire the turn.which is why i'm leaning to AQ, AA, KK here more often.
What are you going to do when he flats your c/r on the turn and you hit a blank/hit a K/hit a J?
Same villain 2 nights later.200NL 6 handedHero has $300, Villain covers Hero is SB with A :club: K :spade:1 fold, Villain raises to $12, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, 1 fold, Villain calls, Button folds ($95) I should have raised bigger after the button called and I'd be oop... how much do you think? $60?Flop: 2 :ts 9 :4h 9 :spade:Hero????
Yeah your sizing pf sucks. I think $60 is fine, but I'd make it at least $60. I'd either c/f or CRAI. Backdoor draws never miss ldo. If he checked back depending on turn I do the same thing. Unless I hit an A or K then I'd c/c and check river to him again too. If I hit an A or K and turn checked through I'd bet river like 1/2-2/3 pot and call a shove.
That's pretty awesome. Find me a 50'' for very cheap and I'll be happier.
60" DLP for a grand:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=183050" LCD for 700:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3654tiger direct has better prices on the large televisions than newegg
Also Tskillz... if you want the 50" LCD and you dont' want a refurbished one it costs $50 more... i didn't realize the one I linked was refurbished I highly recommend against used products... anyway:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3654
WTF. I don't know anything about tvs but isn't this ridic cheap? That link is a plasma TV aren't LCDs better?