I used to own people on PartyPoker. Now, I am much better at live poker.
Do you know why that is?
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t4270)UTG (t1590)Hero (t3360)Button (t2760)SB (t1520)Preflop: Hero is MP with Qspade.gif, Qclub.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t600, Button calls t600, 2 folds.Flop: (t1500) Jheart.gif, 8spade.gif, Jdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t1000, Hero raises to t2760, Button calls t1160 (All-In).Turn: (t6420) 2heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t6420) Tdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t5820Results in white below: Hero has Qs Qc (two pair, queens and jacks). Button has 7d 9d (straight, jack high). Outcome: Button wins t5820. Hero wins t600. no kidding

Do you know why that is?
Well, the people on PP used to be the worst poker players in existence. Trust me.Also, I do really well at reading people and how they make their bets and things like that. Also, I feel it's easier for me to mislead people at a live table than it is online.
Well, the people on PP used to be the worst poker players in existence. Trust me.Also, I do really well at reading people and how they make their bets and things like that. Also, I feel it's easier for me to mislead people at a live table than it is online.
You're at work on Labor Day. HAHAHAHAHAH
Do you mislead them on a hand-by-hand basis, or by creating a false image of yourself in general?
DAMMIT, that is basically the highlight of my week.
Except when Matusow backdoors that bitch Todd Brunson for 60k. I'd pay good hard earned student loan money to watch that again.
Except when Matusow backdoors that bitch Todd Brunson for 60k. I'd pay good hard earned student loan money to watch that again.
www.pokertube.comIt's free. Save your mobnies.
Do you mislead them on a hand-by-hand basis, or by creating a false image of yourself in general?
Mostly with an overall image. If that isn't working, I'm gonna go out of my way to show them a hand that send a message about something which I plan to do the exact opposite of in the near future.
Raise your hand if you can't beat micro NL games? *raises hand*
*raises hand*It's probably because I just don't care about the $3 and I'm impatient and bored. I do however really like the low limit PLO games. People have no clue what they're doing. It's great!

I havent really read this thread past the first few pages, but now it's at 25. What's it really about? Is it like a forum that belongs in gen but is here for the NL strat lurkers?

*raises hand*It's probably because I just don't care about the $3 and I'm impatient and bored. I do however really like the low limit PLO games. People have no clue what they're doing. It's great!
I should've just parked my ass at the Rio playing 2/5 PLO in July. 0.10/0.25 Omaha is tougher on-line.
I should've just parked my ass at the Rio playing 2/5 PLO in July. 0.10/0.25 Omaha is tougher on-line.
My buddy, Andy, and I sat at a new 2/5 PLO game at the Rio. The players all knew each other, which made me uncomfortable and, oh yeah, I'm almost as bad as Acid at PLO. I got stacked on, like, the fourth hand with top two pair (ACES UP = NUTZ!!!!). A few hands later, I more than doubled up when I got sticky with bottom set. All of these guys started making fun of me for not folding my set, so I left. Who wants to be ridiculed at the table, right? I got up with a small profit. Andy got up with a huge profit. I had about 15k in my pocket.I guess there's really no point to that story other than to say, don't make fun of the fish at your table. He might just get up and take 30 buy ins worth of free money with him.
My buddy, Andy, and I sat at a new 2/5 PLO game at the Rio. The players all knew each other, which made me uncomfortable and, oh yeah, I'm almost as bad as Acid at PLO. I got stacked on, like, the fourth hand with top two pair (ACES UP = NUTZ!!!!). A few hands later, I more than doubled up when I got sticky with bottom set. All of these guys started making fun of me for not folding my set, so I left. Who wants to be ridiculed at the table, right? I got up with a small profit. Andy got up with a huge profit. I had about 15k in my pocket.I guess there's really no point to that story other than to say, don't make fun of the fish at your table. He might just get up and take 30 buy ins worth of free money with him.
Big pockets?
About like having a small paperback in your pocket.Naismith, what's this "retirement" stuff about?
Oh, man, I haven't played a decently-played hand of poker since returning to Vegas. I don't know what the problem is. I just can't bring myself to play well. I've had a few winning sessions, but each time I do, I get in about eight buy ins before I turn it around. Thankfully, I've only been playing 1-2NL and haven't gone back to my 2-5 game.Combine that with a super, duper, extra-fun five-figure property tax bill and I've had neither the desire nor the fundage to be playing lately.My poker retirements are as real as a...oh, crap, I want to go Terry Funk here, but I'm not sure how many people will get that reference...oh, I know...as real as a Rocky Balboa retirement.
Big pockets?
LOL. Ever seen Dodgeball? Where Ben Stiller offers Vince Vaughn the money for the gym? He opens the briefcase and it's one small bundle of bills.That's what getting 15k in cash is like. You expect it to be huge, but it's only a couple inches thick. I carried it around in my jeans pocket the majority of time!
That's what getting 15k in cash is like. You expect it to be huge, but it's only a couple inches thick. I carried it around in my jeans pocket the majority of time!
This makes me cringe now. Don't make yourself a target for robbery.

I went to wells fargo the other day to cash 7k worth of checks. Couple this with being friday (aka check cashing day for the hispanics), and it was probably the worst 30 second walk to my car of my life. I guess my view of 15k is just different because I got mine in $20-$100's, so it was fairly large.