The games are nitty, there are regs at every level, it's insane. I'd almost always advise playing at a different site than the majors if you aren't playing high stakes. People are just worse at smaller sites, for whatever the reason.
I really agree with this. The Full Tilt software is excellent, but it seems really difficult to get a good game. I highly recommend playing somewhere that has a sports betting division. On Bet365/iPoker (sorry you can't play on this one) there are tons of people who blatantly are sports bettors but barely even know the rules of poker. Even most of the regs here are terrible. There is this one player who is always there whenever I log on, and he stacks off w/ ATo preflop. When I played on Full Tilt I really felt I was part of something (clearly effective marketing), and something along the lines of "well if it's good enough for Ivey and Gus, it's good enough for me". But game selection is so, so important I have come to realize.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the two weeks that I played on Tilt I can say with cetainty that the $10nl is tougher than the $100nl on AP.
The games are nitty, there are regs at every level, it's insane. I'd almost always advise playing at a different site than the majors if you aren't playing high stakes. People are just worse at smaller sites, for whatever the reason.
QFT, I've played on FT most of my career, and the games are ridiculous for $25NL and $10NL, I reckon back before the UIEGA a standard 2/4 game would be softer than some of the tables on FT micro stakes. I'm seriously considering moving money to AP for a bit and trying it out.
QFT, I've played on FT most of my career, and the games are ridiculous for $25NL and $10NL, I reckon back before the UIEGA a standard 2/4 game would be softer than some of the tables on FT micro stakes. I'm seriously considering moving money to AP for a bit and trying it out.
Me too - I think they do 200% deposit bonus too, so would be awesome for bonus whoring, lemme know how it goes if ya do plz

Why don't you two play on a European site with sports book? They are super soft (wow I'm saying "super" all the time now, just like Raptor), free cashing out, PT3/HEM work on them, great sign up bonus etc. I really can't recommend them enough.

I currently have 41K points at Absolute. I just reached Gold VIP and can trade in 7100 points for $50. Should I do it? I don't use my points for anything, but if I'm close to some big payout I'm not aware of I'll hold on to them. My roll is in no danger as I'm a low limit grinding nit. I play $10 SNG's, 1/2 limit games (or lower) and $20/$50 max PL/NL games on occasion. Also I'm pretty confident I can hit Gold VIP each month, maybe even Platinum if I put in a TON of volume, but its doubtful.

Why don't you two play on a European site with sports book? They are super soft (wow I'm saying "super" all the time now, just like Raptor), free cashing out, PT3/HEM work on them, great sign up bonus etc. I really can't recommend them enough.
Hells yeah. The European sites are like free money. I play on William-Hill and Gala, currently more on Gala playing robotic poker to crush $10 SnGs.

This is my first time doing fantasy football, I totally forgot about the draft but think I made out okay. I think I may need another QB and perhaps an upgrade @ TE. Here's my team:David Garrard (Jac - QB)JaMarcus Russell (Oak - QB)Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)Matt Forte (Chi - RB)Ahman Green (Hou - RB)Ladell Betts (Was - RB)Randy Moss (NE - WR)Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)Marques Colston (NO - WR)Chad Johnson (Cin - WR)Joey Galloway (TB - WR)Marty Booker (Chi - WR)Laurent Robinson (Atl - WR)Vernon Davis (SF - TE)Alge Crumpler (Ten - TE)Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K) Mason Crosby (GB - K)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)

This is my first time doing fantasy football, I totally forgot about the draft but think I made out okay. I think I may need another QB and perhaps an upgrade @ TE. Here's my team:David Garrard (Jac - QB)JaMarcus Russell (Oak - QB)Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)Matt Forte (Chi - RB)Ahman Green (Hou - RB)Ladell Betts (Was - RB)Randy Moss (NE - WR)Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)Marques Colston (NO - WR)Chad Johnson (Cin - WR)Joey Galloway (TB - WR)Marty Booker (Chi - WR)Laurent Robinson (Atl - WR)Vernon Davis (SF - TE)Alge Crumpler (Ten - TE)Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K) Mason Crosby (GB - K)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
You have awesome wideouts and no running backs, make a trade! If you can trade Colston or Johnson + a runningback for a high level back you'd be good. Maybe even just Chad Johnson for someone like Willis McGahee or Jamal Lewis.I'd prefer to keep Colston. He's pretty damn good.
Which site d'you use? I was thinking of Ladbrokes? - I heard you can pickup your cashouts from the stores and I quite like the idea of not having a BR not effected by exchange rates

Full Tilt Poker Game #7893636575: Table Fuzz (deep 6) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:29:33 ET - 2008/09/01Seat 1: Mell22 ($9.10)Seat 2: NoBBiRRoAR ($11)Seat 3: Cobra2k ($8.10)Seat 4: dk711 ($11.30)Seat 5: leafs2009 ($14.30)Seat 6: Jimster99 ($13.60)Mell22 posts the small blind of $0.05NoBBiRRoAR posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Js As]Cobra2k foldsdk711 foldsleafs2009 calls $0.10Mell22 calls $0.05NoBBiRRoAR raises to $0.50leafs2009 calls $0.40Mell22 calls $0.40*** FLOP *** [Ts 3d Ks]Mell22 checksNoBBiRRoAR bets $1.15leafs2009 raises to $2.30Mell22 foldsNoBBiRRoAR has 15 seconds left to actNoBBiRRoAR raises to $10.50, and is all inleafs2009 calls $8.20NoBBiRRoAR shows [Js As]leafs2009 shows [Kc 7d]*** TURN *** [Ts 3d Ks] [2h]NoBBiRRoAR: lol*** RIVER *** [Ts 3d Ks 2h] [Kd]NoBBiRRoAR: k7NoBBiRRoAR shows a pair of Kingsleafs2009 shows three of a kind, Kingsleafs2009 wins the pot ($21.50) with three of a kind, KingsNoBBiRRoAR: what a jokeNoBBiRRoAR adds $10*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $22.50 | Rake $1Board: [Ts 3d Ks 2h Kd]Seat 1: Mell22 (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: NoBBiRRoAR (big blind) showed [Js As] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: Cobra2k didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: dk711 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: leafs2009 showed [Kc 7d] and won ($21.50) with three of a kind, KingsSeat 6: Jimster99 (button) is sitting out

Full Tilt Poker Game #7893775892: Table Dusk (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:39:24 ET - 2008/09/01Seat 1: fair100 ($3.85)Seat 2: monochapo ($8.55)Seat 3: Rafaello18 ($10.20)Seat 4: Drave3 ($15.10)Seat 5: MrBadChad ($9.60)Seat 6: NoBBiRRoAR ($10.85)MrBadChad posts the small blind of $0.05NoBBiRRoAR posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Kc As]fair100 foldsmonochapo foldsRafaello18 foldsDrave3 raises to $1.80MrBadChad foldsNoBBiRRoAR raises to $10.85, and is all inDrave3 calls $9.05NoBBiRRoAR shows [Kc As]Drave3 shows [9s Ac]*** FLOP *** [5c 4c 9h]*** TURN *** [5c 4c 9h] [7h]*** RIVER *** [5c 4c 9h 7h] [9c]NoBBiRRoAR: wowNoBBiRRoAR shows a pair of NinesDrave3 shows three of a kind, NinesDrave3 wins the pot ($19.75) with three of a kind, NinesNoBBiRRoAR: lolNoBBiRRoAR adds $10*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $21.75 | Rake $2Board: [5c 4c 9h 7h 9c]Seat 1: fair100 didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: monochapo didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Rafaello18 didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Drave3 (button) showed [9s Ac] and won ($19.75) with three of a kind, NinesSeat 5: MrBadChad (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: NoBBiRRoAR (big blind) showed [Kc As] and lost with a pair of NinesThis is seriously EVERY, SINGLE, HAND.And I wonder why I can't win at online poker? Jesus christ.

Full Tilt Poker Game #7893736001: Table Fuzz (deep 6) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:36:35 ET - 2008/09/01Seat 1: Mell22 ($7.20)Seat 2: NoBBiRRoAR ($10)Seat 3: Cobra2k ($8.15)Seat 4: dk711 ($11.25)Seat 5: leafs2009 ($26.20)Seat 6: Jimster99 ($13.70)dk711 posts the small blind of $0.05leafs2009 posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Th Qs]NoBBiRRoAR: congratsNoBBiRRoAR: you had the best handJimster99 raises to $0.35Mell22 foldsNoBBiRRoAR: vsNoBBiRRoAR: 18 outsNoBBiRRoAR: lolNoBBiRRoAR calls $0.35Cobra2k foldsdk711 foldsleafs2009 folds*** FLOP *** [6h Kd Jc]Jimster99 checksNoBBiRRoAR bets $0.65Jimster99 has 15 seconds left to actJimster99 calls $0.65*** TURN *** [6h Kd Jc] [Ac]Jimster99 checksNoBBiRRoAR: leaf is this your frist time winning?NoBBiRRoAR bets $1.25Jimster99 calls $1.25*** RIVER *** [6h Kd Jc Ac] [Td]Jimster99 checksleafs2009: yes i've never won before.NoBBiRRoAR bets $3NoBBiRRoAR: i dont doubt itNoBBiRRoAR: lolJimster99 has 15 seconds left to actMell22 stands upJimster99 raises to $11.45, and is all inNoBBiRRoAR: lolNoBBiRRoAR: nice river chopNoBBiRRoAR calls $4.75, and is all inUncalled bet of $3.70 returned to Jimster99*** SHOW DOWN ***Jimster99 shows [Ah Qc] a straight, Ace highNoBBiRRoAR shows [Th Qs] a straight, Ace highJimster99 ties for the pot ($9.10) with a straight, Ace highNoBBiRRoAR ties for the pot ($9.05) with a straight, Ace highNoBBiRRoAR adds $0.95*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $20.15 | Rake $2Board: [6h Kd Jc Ac Td]Seat 1: Mell22 didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: NoBBiRRoAR showed [Th Qs] and won ($9.05) with a straight, Ace highSeat 3: Cobra2k (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: dk711 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: leafs2009 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: Jimster99 showed [Ah Qc] and won ($9.10) with a straight, Ace high...... I can not win a hand...

Full Tilt Poker Game #7893929083: Table Fuzz (deep 6) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:50:07 ET - 2008/09/01Seat 1: floep78 ($7.45)Seat 2: NoBBiRRoAR ($11.10)Seat 3: DrRalleG ($7)Seat 4: dk711 ($10.40)Seat 5: leafs2009 ($25)Seat 6: klaxen ($21.70)floep78 posts the small blind of $0.05NoBBiRRoAR posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Kc Qc]dk711 foldsleafs2009 foldsklaxen raises to $0.35floep78 calls $0.30NoBBiRRoAR calls $0.25*** FLOP *** [3d Qh 4c]floep78 checksNoBBiRRoAR checksklaxen bets $0.70floep78 foldsNoBBiRRoAR calls $0.70*** TURN *** [3d Qh 4c] [3c]NoBBiRRoAR checksklaxen bets $2NoBBiRRoAR raises to $5klaxen calls $3*** RIVER *** [3d Qh 4c 3c] [As]NoBBiRRoAR checksklaxen checks*** SHOW DOWN ***NoBBiRRoAR shows [Kc Qc] two pair, Queens and Threesklaxen shows [Jc Qd] two pair, Queens and ThreesNoBBiRRoAR ties for the pot ($5.75) with two pair, Queens and Threesklaxen ties for the pot ($5.70) with two pair, Queens and Threes*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $12.45 | Rake $1Board: [3d Qh 4c 3c As]Seat 1: floep78 (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: NoBBiRRoAR (big blind) showed [Kc Qc] and won ($5.75) with two pair, Queens and ThreesSeat 3: DrRalleG is sitting outSeat 4: dk711 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: leafs2009 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: klaxen (button) showed [Jc Qd] and won ($5.70) with two pair, Queens and ThreesI can't make this shit up. I get runner chopped every single hand and lose 20bbs to the rake.

Get money off tilt ASAP.And stop tilting!
Funny thing is that I don't tilt, I just start laughing and wondering for how long I can possibly go without my nut hands holding up. I always either make no money, watch two super scare cards roll off or get runner chopped. Plus everytime this happens i lose so much to rake.TO HELL WITH FULL TILT.

Actually nevermind, I think I'll just quit playing in general. I seriously get coolered every 5 hands and never get action when I have a real hand. It's like I'm getting superused by everyone.

I used to play $10NL / $25NL at full tilt, now I moved to stars, the play is so much softer. You always see 2 or 3 players with 60/5/1 stats at each table and the rake is half of what it is at FT. There's a lot more regulars at microstakes at FT. I think it's because of how high the rake is, makes it harder/longer to move up.

Hey guys just wanted to check in :club: I saw that match NoBBir he really is going to be a tough player in the future with his serve and his forehand, seems like he pushed a little to hard in certain places. Anywho I have gotten rid of all of my possessions except for my computer and a box full of things I need and my carry on luggage.Unfortunately the poker luck hasn't been running well, I played in a .25 game and got busted with AT on an 7222A board when he had the two very very deep but it was a raised pot and he slow played it to the river and I shoved and he snap called with quads, this guy would have snap called with TT so I know it was ok.Shrug hopefully a change of scene will help, I have been doing a lot of BBQing, in fact for my going away party I spent 12 hours 15lbs of beef brisket only for it to be gone 20 minutes. With everybody oooing an ahhhing, it was pretty cool. Two days later I did it again, this time 30lbs of brisket, only to be gone probably 30 mins later. So who wants to stake me in BBQ restauranting :ts Anywho heading down to FL Wednesday!!!!! Gonna get a camera phone too, so I will update with some pics :D

Shrug hopefully a change of scene will help, I have been doing a lot of BBQing, in fact for my going away party I spent 12 hours 15lbs of beef brisket only for it to be gone 20 minutes. With everybody oooing an ahhhing, it was pretty cool. Two days later I did it again, this time 30lbs of brisket, only to be gone probably 30 mins later. So who wants to stake me in BBQ restauranting :ts
sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye, I found out via CJ's facebook page the party was moved to Kyle's only to not be able to get in touch with you all day. Never been to his place so I have no idea where he even lives...sucks, even Sarah was coming out!Have a safe trip d00d, I'm sure we'll keep in touch via AIM and FCP :club:
Hey guys just wanted to check in :club: I saw that match NoBBir he really is going to be a tough player in the future with his serve and his forehand, seems like he pushed a little to hard in certain places.
He played really well and was hitting a lot of quality shots, but then he went hog wild throwing all of his shots (especially his vaunted forehands) long in the third set tiebreak. If he wins that set, he probably upsets Nadal 85% of the time, he would have been so confident up two sets to one, but he never had a chance after he needed to win two straight sets to beat him after that.
GL with the move. Tomorrow is my first day of work teaching middle school, luckily it's staff development. Students report on Thursday, uh oh!
GL turning the future generations into degenerates :ts
Which site d'you use? I was thinking of Ladbrokes? - I heard you can pickup your cashouts from the stores and I quite like the idea of not having a BR not effected by exchange rates
I play on Bet365 which is on the iPoker network. Honestly I can't believe there are softer microstakes anywhere. Many people I play with don't appear to know the hand rankings.I think one can get rakeback on Ladbrokes, which is cool, but I don't think most trackers work there. There was something about rakeback on NoIQPoker (also iPoker), but I'm not sure. But the softness of the games sorta makes up for no rakeback I find. Sites on the Microgaming network, like EuroBet, are also LOL soft (and PT2 work on there).Seriously I can't recommend these European betting sites enough.

Dealt to SIMO123 [2d 4d] MORGAELIN - FoldsMAGGIE667799 - FoldsMANTIS17 - FoldsMCLARKE1987 - Calls $1CALICVOL - FoldsSIMO123 - Checks*** FLOP *** [Kc Jc 10c]SIMO123 - Bets $2MCLARKE1987 - Calls $2*** TURN *** [Kc Jc 10c] [Kd]SIMO123 - Folds*** SHOW DOWN ***MCLARKE1987 - Shows [7h Kh] (Three of a kind, kings)