I'm running out of movies I want to watch. Start suggesting stuff for me. Preferably more indy stuff that I'm not likely to've heard of, preferably at least a bit on the "edgy" side. I like pretty much every genre (save maybe horror), and I'm not opposed to subtitles. Shoot.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Slackers is a much better film.
But ... But ... actually I don't care for either but I do know they're quite different.to actually answer OP's question. Well actually I won't I'll just give you a section of my netflix returned rentalsSLC PunkThe WarriorsSeven SamuraiThe Third ManBottle RocketThe French ConnectionHappinessGosford ParkThe StingAll the President's MenRun Lola RunBattle RoyaleOldboyConstantineA Scanner DarklyThe Triplets of Belleville
Anything with Ashley Blue
And what's he supposed to do after that two minutes?Yeah I padded that time by about a minute forty-five. You're welcome big guy.

Taxi (Luc Besson)Yamakazi (they do parkour stuff)Little miss sunshine (funny)repertoire:no mans land une pure formalite (Gerrad Despardieux)Documentary:Jesus Camp Death of a president (don't watch this if you are patriotic, this isn't even at all a documentary)oh and Alpha Dog (its with Justin Timberlake but way underrated IMO)

Runthemover's list:SLC PunkI'll check it out.The WarriorsGood movie.Seven SamuraiPeople have been on my balls to see this for years. I'll get around to it.The Third ManEventually...Bottle RocketI'm completely gay for Wes Anderson.The French ConnectionVery good, stiil overrated.HappinessHad to IMDB it. Sound interesting.Gosford ParkBoring. Sorry, it was.The StingI love that movie.All the President's MenI'll consider it.Run Lola RunI'll sound interesting.Battle RoyaleOne of my favorites.OldboyAwesome.ConstantineWas it as bad as it looked? It looked bad.A Scanner DarklyCool visuals, and I love RD, Jr., so I enjoyed it.The Triplets of BellevilleI seem so recall this looking cool, but have no idea what it's about.You're my best contributor, thusly.

Aswesome Brit Movies:Layer CakeSexy BeastI'll reinforce SLC Punk & Run Lola Run, both are awesome!Here is a documentary that comes with a warning! If you watch this, you can never bitsch again...about ANYTHING...it's over...:Little Dieter Needs To FlyThey also just made a Movie Movie out of it, called Rescue Dawn. Same nutcase director, Werner Herzog, which leads me to this documentary about Herzog and Klaus Kinski called:My Best FiendHerzog will also be an actor in "THE GRAND" coming out soon. It's a poker mockumentary and already earned the nickname "Spinal Felt".And here a few random ones:Domino (Keira Knightley is so fkn hot)Lord Of WarIt's all gone, Pete TongBrazil (Pretty sure you've seen it...)Downfall - Here is a scene from the movie about Hitler's last days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6qc_QRy6B4...ogspot%2Ecom%2FHave fun!

ConstantineWas it as bad as it looked? It looked bad. pretty bad A Scanner DarklyCool visuals, and I love RD, Jr., so I enjoyed it. meh, aiiiightThe Triplets of BellevilleI seem so recall this looking cool, but have no idea what it's about. there is no dialogue in this movie, yet apparently very dynamic, I watched 10 minutes then gave up I think.

A good companion movie for Seven Samurai is, of course, The Magnificent SevenAlso, another good Brit flick is Gangster #1One that just popped into my head, but has probably been seen by many is Se7en (David Fincher)

waking life is a little crazy can be very interesting though if you know a little bit of philosophy. city of god (subtitles) is a great movie i highly reccomend it if you havent seen it. grizzly man lol for a documentary and i will think of more later and post them if those dont suffice or you have already seen them.- conor

waking life is a little crazy can be very interesting though if you know a little bit of philosophy. city of god (subtitles) is a great movie i highly reccomend it if you havent seen it. grizzly man lol for a documentary and i will think of more later and post them if those dont suffice or you have already seen them.- conor
Seen all. Not huge on WF, loved CoG, GM was unintentional hilarity.

A big thumbs down on SLC Punk for me. It's a bland coming of age story, but with a "punk" attitude, or what ever. I didn't care fore it.Did you ever watch In the company of Men?Happiness is another I'd recomend. Definitely edge.The Seventh Seal, if you've never seen, is great. Requiem for A Dream (I also recomend the book and the author in general, Herbert Selby.. Last Exit to brooklyn is amazing)The Seven Samuri is as good as advertised, IMOTouch of Evil by Orson Wells. It has Charlton Heston as a Mexican Cop ( forced on by the stuidio) and it's STILL brilliant despite Heston. Um... that's all I got. I just watched Hotel Rwanda. Pretty good, but everyone knows that. Nothing like a little genocide to put a little pep in the ole pecker.

Let me echo that "Run Lola Run" is excellent.I tortured myself with "Gosford Park" because of all of the great reviews and awards and found it to be quite boring also.Not quite sure how you feel about comedies, but some "somewhat unknown" ones that I like are "A Life Less Ordinary", "The Hudsucker Proxy", "I Heart Huckabees", "The Tao of Steve", and "Man of the Century".