• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Hank and Ari as similar at all. They can both be assholes, other than that they are nothing alike.
I didn't say they were similar. I know my point is that he's my new hero.I think IQ might agree with me along the lines of that.
I don't see Hank and Ari as similar at all. They can both be assholes, other than that they are nothing alike.
I didn't say they were similar. I know my point is that he's my new hero.I think IQ might agree with me along the lines of that.
Mr. Fryer is correct. While they're similar in some ways, the point is that Hank Moody has leapfrogged over Ari as the new man about town to look up to and admire.Don't get me wrong, Ari is still cool as hell - but Hank brings that certain self-deprecation Ari lacks.
Side note: Where've YOU been?
I'm around. Just not much.

Watched both episodes via Showtime on demand this morning, and I officially have a new favorite show. Absolutely love it, everything about it, can't wait to get home tomorrow morning to watch the next ep.

Hah! What a great, great episode.Spoilers below, so please read no further if you haven't seen it yet.How awesome is it to have a show that opens with the lead getting punched in the balls?Then, minutes later, he's boning the chick he literally annihilated in the last episode.I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with Hank Moody and Californication.

Another great episode, but like Mex said, it didn't take long for the boob count to plummet...I only saw two pairs and one pair was a flashback to the 16yo, the other was the secretary (who incidentally used to be Macauley Culkin's wife and did quite a bit of full frontal in Bully as Brad Renfro's girlfriend) very very briefly on the computer screen. Still, I totally love this show.

I tried to watch the ep before work this morning and I missed the last 5 minutes, but after a rewatch, I'd say that they used a stunt ass for the girl that bent over. They don't show the butt and face in the same shot. I'd bet. Even on the "website" she had, there was no nudity. She's yet to be nude.

I tried to watch the ep before work this morning and I missed the last 5 minutes, but after a rewatch, I'd say that they used a stunt ass for the girl that bent over. They don't show the butt and face in the same shot. I'd bet. Even on the "website" she had, there was no nudity. She's yet to be nude.
Erroneous, there was a titty shot in one of the website pics. Also, you can see every inch of that girl (Rachel Miner) just by watching Bully for ten minutes, so I'm kinda thinking she's not the type to play the body double card.
Erroneous, there was a titty shot in one of the website pics. Also, you can see every inch of that girl (Rachel Miner) just by watching Bully for ten minutes, so I'm kinda thinking she's not the type to play the body double card.
fu

"sweet baby jesus, Hank's goin to hell."watched the first one finally. i'll have to look elsewhere for the others because of busted links.

Another great episode, but like Mex said, it didn't take long for the boob count to plummet...I only saw two pairs and one pair was a flashback to the 16yo, the other was the secretary (who incidentally used to be Macauley Culkin's wife and did quite a bit of full frontal in Bully as Brad Renfro's girlfriend) very very briefly on the computer screen. Still, I totally love this show.
That's it!I knew I saw her in something else.

Alright, you've convinced me to pick up the first 3 episodes.(I like to think of myself as a programming director for my own special network, so I use expressions like "pick up" and "cancel," and try to abuse my power to make the girls in these shows sleep with me to stay on the air. I'm doing a really poor job, though, and I think I'm going to get fired if I screw up again, like I did when I picked up the whole JfC season at once.)

Man, Madeline Zima is adorable. I'm hooked.
I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why I recognized that girl, until I finally realized that she looks almost exactly like the girl from Opportunity Knocks, that Dana Carvey con artist movie. Obviously not the same chick, but very similar features and it was bugging me trying to figure it out.

SHOWTIME RENEWS ITS NEW HIT COMEDY SERIES CALIFORNICATION12 New Half-Hour Episodes Of The Critically Acclaimed Comedy Starring David Duchovny Slated To Return Summer 2008On the heels of the unprecedented audience and critical acclaim of its new original comedy series CALIFORNICATION, starring David Duchovny, SHOWTIME has renewed the series for a second season. The first season of CALIFORNICATION premiered on August 13th and has seen its audience steadily grow, becoming one of the highest-rated series on SHOWTIME. CALIFORNICATION is currently averaging the strongest tune-in level SHOWTIME has ever seen for a freshman series and is posting nearly two million viewers per week, which is the best season one average weekly performance the network has seen since 2004. Additionally, the series has proven its broad appeal attracting equal levels of men and women and holding onto 90% of the WEEDS lead-in.The first season will air through October on Mondays at 10:30 PM ET/PT. The premiere of season two of CALIFORNICATION is tentatively slated for Summer 2008."CALIFORNICATION is a home run for us. We haven't launced a first-year show this strongly out of the gate before, and it caps an extraordinary 12 months that's included the launch of 'Dexter,' 'The Tudors,' 'Brotherhood,' and 'This American Life,'" said Robert Greenblatt, President of Showtime Entertainment. "It's just another great notch in our proverbial bedpost (he says jokingly)."CALIFORNICATION stars and is executive produced by Golden Globe-winning actor David Duchovny ("The X-Files"). Co-starring alongside Duchovny are Natascha McElhone (The Truman Show, Laurel Canyon), Madeleine Martin ("Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Hope & Faith"), Madeline Zima ("The Nanny," A Cinderella Story), and Evan Handler ("Sex and the City").CALIFORNICATION centers on novelist Hank Moody (Duchovny) who struggles to raise his 13-year-old daughter (Madeleine Martin), while still carrying a torch for his ex-girlfriend Karen (McElhone). His obsession with truth-telling and self-destructive behavior -- drinks, drugs and relationships -- are both destroying and enriching his career.Duchovny is best known to millions of fans for his role as Agent Fox Mulder on the long-running cult classic television series, "The X-Files," a role for which he earned a Golden Globe Award and was nominated for an Emmy. He also received Emmy nominations for guest appearances on "The Larry Sanders Show" and "Sex and the City." He is a three-time Golden Globe and SAG Award nominee. On the big screen, Duchovny's film credits include last year's Trust the Man and Evolution, both opposite Julianne Moore; and Return to Me, co-starring Minnie Driver. Upcoming film projects include Jake Kasdan's The TV Set, and Things We Lost in the Fire opposite Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro.CALIFORNICATION is created and executive produced by Tom Kapinos ("Dawson's Creek"). Duchovny and Scott Winant (Showtime's "Huff"), serve as executive producers, with Melanie Greene serving as co-executive producer.