*** Ottawa Senators Thread ***

Couple things. Gallagher should have received an instigator when he jumped Conacher, as Conacher skated away from being elbowed by Prust... the refs were too gutless to call it in the final 5 minutes, which would have led to an auto suspension.

Secondly, Rene Bourque should be suspended for this elbow:

elbow.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sens-Sabres   Bring a pillow.

Danny,   My private school wife disagrees. Sadly so do I. I was pretty adamant that we weren't going to pay for private school but now that he's here and it's getting close deciding on schools, I'm

Oh crap I missed the obvious one Lidstrom. Debate over.

Posted Images

You don't really ever see suspensions for what Subban did. They finally got his penalties right (5 for fighting, game misconduct, minor, minor for instigating with a visor), though not sure they had it right during the game... feel like Sens should have had more PP time.

White's? Meh, didn't seem much worse than any other slashes. He got the extra out of that line brawl for it. Might be different if he breaks the guys arm or leg or whatever.

You don't really ever see suspensions for what Subban did. They finally got his penalties right (5 for fighting, game misconduct, minor, minor for instigating with a visor), though not sure they had it right during the game... feel like Sens should have had more PP time.

Well last year Carkner got a game? for going after Boyle but don't recall how that one went down. Either way I doubt very the league will do anything unless they want to "send a message."

Hmm... not even close. 2 mins into game 2...

I don't think they'd suspend Subban. I can understand suspending a (sorta) goon like Carkner, though. Not sure I agree or disagree either way, here.

Gallagher is really lucky he didn't get an instigator on that one, that was really careless.

I suspect Bourque might get suspended for that elbow, Subban won't get anything.

Gallagher is really lucky he didn't get an instigator on that one, that was really careless.

I suspect Bourque might get suspended for that elbow, Subban won't get anything.

The Gallagher thing is like ref code. Like calling games to the score, calling different in OT. They don't want to affect the next game. Why even have the rule in the book if the refs refuse to call it (and it's almost always a judgment call)? The refs don't want to be seen as dictating the result of the next important game, but it's not, it'd be Gallagher's fault for being reckless there.

Basically, the refs wussed out on that one. It was beyond obvious. Conacher was skating AWAY from the guy who just elbowed him in the head, and Gallagher basically suckered him before Conacher even knew what was happening.

Bourque should be suspended for the elbow.

Gorges should be suspended for shooting the puck at an opponent.

Chris Neil should be suspended for being a douchebag.

I didn't see the Prust elbow.

Yeah, I didn't see the Prust elbow til TSN showed it during SJ/VAN intermission. Similar but different, if that makes sense, than Bourque's. Problem (for Habs) is both those guys have elbowing suspension histories.

Did Alfie get suspended in 2007 when he did the puck shooting thing (allegedly?) in the finals vs ANA?

I don't think I suspend for that here.

I go back and forth on Neil. I didn't really see him do anything tonight. Sometimes I think he's a punk bitch, but then I see him fighting guys twice his size, so I don't even know.

Did Alfie get suspended in 2007 when he did the puck shooting thing (allegedly?) in the finals vs ANA?

I don't think I suspend for that here.

Well in that case Alfie missed Niedermayer, no suspension. IMHO shooting a puck at a player douchy but unless they aim for the face, etc...

I go back and forth on Neil. I didn't really see him do anything tonight. Sometimes I think he's a punk bitch, but then I see him fighting guys twice his size, so I don't even know.

The 'problem' with Neil is that he's a regular player, so he justifiably doesn't want to do the goon on goon stage fight -- lots of times fights to try and put heavies and/or weasels in their place.

Maclean calling a timeout with 17 seconds left pissed off Therien

Seems like most of the Habs players got why Maclean did that after the fact ... but until you saw the Sens lineup it certainly was a huge wtf.

tumblr_mmcum331yr1r41emlo1_500.gif

tumblr_mmcum331yr1r41emlo2_500.gif

1f1tJ6v.gif

Game 4 is probably going to suck -- league will probably send out passive aggressive letters to the coaches and stuff that probably would be ok in a peewee soccer game will be penalized.

Nice civil discussion in here. I didn't see the game or anything, just impressed with you guys. I agree with everyone (including reasonable non-homer Dale) that Bourque should get suspended, based on that .gif.

Nice civil discussion in here. I didn't see the game or anything, just impressed with you guys. I agree with everyone (including reasonable non-homer Dale) that Bourque should get suspended, based on that .gif.

So someone on hfboards dug up a youtube clip of Bourque (then CGY) doing same move to Backstrom (WAS) and he was suspended for 5 games. Given that it's the playoffs and a lesser player was the victim (and maybe difference in injuries?) I'd hope for 1-2 games but given that the hit was lost in whole gong show and not much hue and cry...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070303

That's pretty dirty. That establishes a pattern of 'intent to injure' as far as I'm concerned. He's even got a 'move' that he does to try to do damage. Give him 20 games for all I care.

Ridiculous... RT @FriedgeHNIC There will be no supplementary discipline/hearings resulting from MON/OTT last night.

Maybe now people can see why I was pissed about Gryba? Not that, given the injuries to Eller, it was unexpected (or undeserved if player safety was important) but yet again more proof that the dreaded wheel-of-justice is back. Totally inconsistencies on every call, I swear suspensions are handled by the PR department rather than Shanny.

Ridiculous... RT @FriedgeHNIC There will be no supplementary discipline/hearings resulting from MON/OTT last night.

Maybe now people can see why I was pissed about Gryba? Not that, given the injuries to Eller, it was unexpected (or undeserved if player safety was important) but yet again more proof that the dreaded wheel-of-justice is back. Totally inconsistencies on every call, I swear suspensions are handled by the PR department rather than Shanny.

Bourque's elbow seems like a no brainer to me for at least a phone hearing.