Least Skillful Recent Wsop Me Champ

Least Skillful WSOP ME Champ  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Least Skillful WSOP ME Champ?

• Jerry Yang (07')
    • JAMIE GOLD (06')
    • Chris Moneymaker (03')
    • Robert Varkonyi (02')
    • Hal Fowler (79')

Least Skillful WSOP ME Champ?No knocks on the players. Some players are just better than others. Most consider these guys as being very lucky in their wins. Who do you consider the weakest player?Most would rate these in their top 5.

I can find some redeeming things about most of them except Varkonyi really....at least Yang and Gold applied pressure and Moneymaker kinda gets a bad rap.

why is Jamie Golds in all caps? I voted Varkoni even though I really have no idea who is the worst player.
I smell an influencial poll. I didn't take the bait!
I smell an influencial poll. I didn't take the bait!
I copy pasted the names.
I copy pasted the names.
I am indicting you with Michael Vick.

I don't know much (read: Nothing) about Hal Fowler, but just through logic- in 1979 there was a much smaller field consisting of mostly pro poker players. Would that not mean that a lot more skill is involved; there are few to no fish in the field?I understand Jamie Gold is considered by many to be a lucky donk, but his style is basically a chip up or get the hell out style. Gold is either at the top of the pack or outta the tournament; and the world series worked out for him in '06 because he was significantly agressive.I wouldn't vote Moneymaker cause for some reason when I saw his heads up match with Farha I liked the way he played it; sure he probly got crazy lucky along the way; but I think he has more skill than a lot of players. He played at a time when still the WSOP was not brimming with fish, and as a result he had to best a lot of pros.Yang I would almost imply similiarly to Gold, except he went into the final table without a chip lead. He pretty much owned that whole final table; never looked back. Sure his heads up opponent was shonky, but for how he played the final table; gotta have some skill.Nope, my vote is with Varkonyi. The guy just never knew what he was doing. His results since have further indicated how much of a luckbox he was in 2002.

Can someone go into a bit more detail about Hal Fowler??
He hit a gut-shot straight draw vs. AA guy. He calls 2/3 of the guy's stack with 76 on flop hit it on turn, weeeee.
He hit a gut-shot straight draw vs. AA guy. He calls 2/3 of the guy's stack with 76 on flop hit it on turn, weeeee.
Umm, he knew it was coming. DUH!

Where was the choice for God on here? He obviously won this year's main event for Jerry.Well I guess God would be up there for MOST SKILLFUL WSOP ME Champ instead.

You can watch the last hand and some 3-handed play of Hal Fowler's win here.He was a total unknown amatuer. 07:55 is the gutterball luckbox final hand. I loled.WSOP 1979 with: Hal Fowler, Bobby Hoff, George Huber, Sam Moon & Johnny Mosshttp://www.pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?mo...;OrderBy=Latest

A long time ago, Daniel once piped up in a similar conversation and said Brad Daugherty is really high up on the list of worst ME champs ever.also, OP...why would you emphasize "RECENT" champs then throw in Fowler from '79?

You can watch the last hand and some 3-handed play of Hal Fowler's win here.He was a total unknown amatuer.WSOP 1979 with: Hal Fowler, Bobby Hoff, George Huber, Sam Moon & Johnny Mosshttp://www.pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?mo...;OrderBy=Latest
07:00 mark flop JJ5 Hal shoves Hoff(preflop raiser) in with T9s then showed stone air, lol.
A long time ago, Daniel once piped up in a similar conversation and said Brad Daugherty is really high up on the list of worst ME champs ever.also, OP...why would you emphasize "RECENT" champs then throw in Fowler from '79?
I thought I changed that but it stayed in the title.

Fowler's not recent. I dont know much about Varkonyi. His win is before I really started following poker. That left me with Money FTW. Jamie Gold is a Donk compared to Cunningham and Wasicka, but as much as I hate him and WANT to pick him, I think he's the best of the bad bunch in this poll.

I voted for Chris "My last name isn't just a coincidence" Moneymaker
lol, he was my second choice. has he even cashed since his win? poker superstars doesnt count, either, i mean in a WSOP or WPT toruny
lol, he was my second choice. has he even cashed since his win? poker superstars doesnt count, either, i mean in a WSOP or WPT toruny
That's results based thinkingI think