Can I call here??Poker StarsNo Limit Omaha Ring game (hi/lo)Blinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $21.15UTG+1: $90.80MP1: $94.30MP2: $26.45MP3: $54.75CO: $60.85Button: $42.90SB: $49.50Hero: $25.55Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with Q :club: T :D K :D 8 :D2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: J :) A :D 6 :) ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.Turn: T :) ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button raises to $24, SB folds, Hero ???,

First post on FCP, couldn't help myself.Let's see; You have the nuts (at the moment) and your opponent has raised enough to put you all in (if I did the math correctly you're at $23.05 by the turn raise?). I can't see him raising that much with trips, unless he has trips aces with the nut flush draw (but why wouldn't he raise pre-flop?), possibly the QK of clubs. I don't see you losing, unless a club comes off, and that's only if he has two clubs in his hand. So, even if the button does have QK w/ two clubs you're still gonna split about 76% of the time.I know MP2 still has to act, but I can't see him calling unless he has the nut flush draw and/or the nut straight. But then again, it is .25/.50I'm definitely calling. If he outdraws, oh well. You shouldn't fold here.

are we worried about being freerolled? BTW, no limit omaha hilo is nasty. I blew my first real bank roll on that game and never touched the game again. I do think we're freerolled alot it's a fold, I think.

Damn, didn't even see that it was hi/lo. Still not folding though. Haha
We're invested in the pot for like two bucks and the best-case scenario is being freerolled by the low draw and the same straight as we have, I think this is a fold.

the only way i'd call if is i think he would do that without the straight a lot more than most players would and that mp2 will make a very bad call there a whole lot. you're getting freerolled to getting at least quartered here a whole lot, and to getting scooped a decent amount too.

Damn, didn't even see that it was hi/lo. Still not folding though. Haha
You're in the Omaha Hi-Lo Forum man. All the hands in here should be h/lQuite a concept. lol :club:
Can I call here??Poker StarsNo Limit Omaha Ring game (hi/lo)Blinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $21.15UTG+1: $90.80MP1: $94.30MP2: $26.45MP3: $54.75CO: $60.85Button: $42.90SB: $49.50Hero: $25.55Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with Q :club: T :D K :D 8 :D2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: J :) A :D 6 :) ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.Turn: T :) ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button raises to $24, SB folds, Hero ???,
I love this game. To me this is a fold every time. It has taken me a long time to learn to fold in this situation, but a fold is so +ev it's not even close IMO. First things first, you are in this hand for $2.50 at this point. You are now facing a raise of $22 more, so you're getting a little better than 2-1 on your money. The absolute best scenario is that a clean 9 peels off on the river and you are guaranteed at least a split (provided someone else has the same broadway). That means there are only 3 cards that guarantee you get at least 1/2 the pot (and that's assuming only one other player has the same straight). Every other card in the deck hurts your hand, literally. You have to factor that into your decision when playing this game. Can you come up with any other card that doesn't hurt your hand?Much as it sucks to fold the living nuts, with no redraws for your hand, you must fold in this spot. Not only do you have to worry about what MP2 will do behind you, but you are likely up against the same hand freewheeling to the low (in which case you get 3/4 a bunch), or a set and a low. I fold for $2.50 here every time and look to get my money in when I have the nuts and I'm the one freewheeling. -CD

easiest fold in the world. the only way i call is if the other guy is such a monkey that he would be doing this without a straight over 20% of the time or so.

easiest fold in the world. the only way i call is if the other guy is such a monkey that he would be doing this without a straight over 20% of the time or so.
there are a whole lot of monkeys that play this game. I was one of them and got the **** out of dodge. There's something fascinating about folding the nuts though.
You're in the Omaha Hi-Lo Forum man. All the hands in here should be h/lQuite a concept. lol :club:
Yea, You're right. To my defense; I entered the topic from the main page of FCP, you know that little area on the right side of the screen where you can view recent topics. However, I should've read all of his post so I didn't come out looking like a complete moron. Oh well, it's all good.
oh, here's a funner question: say we have the nut high, no high redraw, but a 78 low draw. what do we do now?
In that case with ANY low draw, I'm thinking in NLO8 I would have lead out for a higher amount (should I have done so in the actual hand??) to price OUT the low-only hands?

Fold this hand even in PLO. We have no improvement facing two opponents who might or might not have improvements while one is clearly showing strength. It's not worth it to invest so much more to win so little back while taking the risk to lose them all.The situation magnifies much more in plo8.

Any reason to rethink this over bet? since it's the button that is making this move. I mean we're giving him ~ KQ 23 with clubs and he's not betting this flop after multi checks? Do they really slow play this hard in nl O8? And then try to isolate..for a $4 pot?Villian could also make this play with A 10 6 5 clubs.Only for discussion, not a "I would call" post.Maybe a better question is what is the correct play if you are button? Check flop? Overbet river and hope you get a bad player to make a bad call?Or call and try to get 4 more callers/bets , thereby making your river split bigger than your turn scoop?

• 4 weeks later...

NL O8HAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHhahahaafasd11!?1121?!11!!!!

Any reason to rethink this over bet? since it's the button that is making this move. I mean we're giving him ~ KQ 23 with clubs and he's not betting this flop after multi checks? Do they really slow play this hard in nl O8? And then try to isolate..for a $4 pot?Villian could also make this play with A 10 6 5 clubs.Only for discussion, not a "I would call" post.Maybe a better question is what is the correct play if you are button? Check flop? Overbet river and hope you get a bad player to make a bad call?Or call and try to get 4 more callers/bets , thereby making your river split bigger than your turn scoop?
The problem with that is what's his hand, then? A set and a flush draw? A straight and a set? A straight and two pair? A flush draw and a set? A flush draw and a low draw?The fact is, the best you can hope for is that he has a one way hand, like a made straight already. To me, his mostly likely hand here is a made straight with a bad low draw, and is trying to isolate with astraight to get the other low draws out. He might be doing it with a low draw and a flush draw, or what ever but the fact is, nine is the only card that helps your hand.. and if he has a set, a flush draw and a low draw, guess what, you're a dog. Is this a good value play on his part? No, but I imagine you get enough made straights to call you on these low levels to make this a decent play. I know it's wierd to fold the nuts but you just can't hope to win more than half.. this is basically like calling a huge over bet with a bare A2 low draw, no re draw for high. The best you can hope for is half and you will often get nothing