Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

Well, a good player folds every hand QQ is beating. But it is very up in the air whether Yang folds JJ or TT there.
Even though he has been very aggressive I have yet to see evidence that Yang is a donkey as everybody is saying.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows whos better between moneymake and yang yet... Only other thing moneymake has done was a 2nd on a wpt event to gordan correct???? Yang seems to have some sick cards early on though but i think that if childs would have called with his queens yang would be out.... i put him on jacks or tens and he made an amatuerish play with the reraise allin.... but i could be wrong and he might have had a set or kings.... who knows we will find out when it comes on tvbut if yang wins i say we make a petition to have gold moneymaker and yang play a 2 out of 3 competition for best donk me winner

Is Yang good, avg, donkey, or metagame extraordinaire?He really open-raised to 2.5 mil preflop when most ppl were raising to about 750k?I haven't paid attention to his play at all since it got down to like 27 so I don't know what to make of him yet but he is the big cl now.Thoughts?

What the hell is this guys? Neither player played that hand that badly. Yang was maniacial so far, Hilm wanted to take a stand against the guy who was pushing everybody around. He had a good hand to do so with, Yang probably folds everything worse than AK, even then Hilm has 30% equity.Yang's call with AK was good BECAUSE of his maniacial image, which meant that Hilm is shoving back with a wide range of hands.
I would wait for a better situation. Hilm is obviously a much better player and capable of getting Yang to put his chips in as a big dog. Absolutely no point gambling with the guy.
What the hell is this guys? Neither player played that hand that badly. Yang was maniacial so far, Hilm wanted to take a stand against the guy who was pushing everybody around. He had a good hand to do so with, Yang probably folds everything worse than AK, even then Hilm has 30% equity.Yang's call with AK was good BECAUSE of his maniacial image, which meant that Hilm is shoving back with a wide range of hands.
I would have liked Hilm's play much more if he had made his stand on the flop instead of the turn. It was courageous, but going into a very deepstacked FT as the chipleader and leaving in 9th place is just wrong. ;)Props to Hilm's playing back against Yang, but he could have waited for a better hand to do it...
Even though he has been very aggressive I have yet to see evidence that Yang is a donkey as everybody is saying.
Openr-raising 10xBB preflop is at least unsual and could be an indication of donk-ness. But I'm calling almost everyone a donk, so that "title" shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;-)

you think a pair of fives with a flush draw with only one card to come is a good place to shove????? I disagree. he had a 29% chance to win..... why risk all those chips on a 29% chance.... from the whole tournament yang has proven that he is the amateurish calling station so i dont think he would have folded a K10 in that situation so a call of 4 million or a fold is the right play in my mind

lol at phil saying kahn is doin too much for the camera's yea right like phil himself dont do that.. remember nbc heads up.. idiot

CALMERS BEEN VERY CALM SO FAR-GORDON.WHAT A F A G

Is Yang good, avg, donkey, or metagame extraordinaire?He really open-raised to 2.5 mil preflop when most ppl were raising to about 750k?I haven't paid attention to his play at all since it got down to like 27 so I don't know what to make of him yet but he is the big cl now.Thoughts?
He is certainly confusing, which works to his advantage, but I really can't tell if it's all calculated and intentional or he is just oblivious.

After an HOUR on the phone, and 5 different people, CHARTER now confirms that the event is not available"We're very sorry sir that you wo- ""No I'm pissed because it took you an HOUR to figure that out. I kept asking you if it's available!!!!"so.. I'll stop the whiing now. No surprise really. I think other CABLE useres had trouble last year, while I watched on Satellite.

you think a pair of fives with a flush draw with only one card to come is a good place to shove????? I disagree. he had a 29% chance to win..... why risk all those chips on a 29% chance.... from the whole tournament yang has proven that he is the amateurish calling station so i dont think he would have folded a K10 in that situation so a call of 4 million or a fold is the right play in my mind
The deciding question isn't what Hilm's chance to win was on the turn, it is how much fold equity Hilm had against Yang - I think, not that much...
I think Yang probably folds KT in that situation. AK is the very bottom of Yang's calling range. It's not like Hilm is shoving there wanting to go to showdown with that hand, he has a good chance to take it down right there IMO as aggressively as Yang has been playing.Wow, openshoving from the button with an M of ~10????
I think Yang probably folds KT in that situation. AK is the very bottom of Yang's calling range. It's not like Hilm is shoving there wanting to go to showdown with that hand, he has a good chance to take it down right there IMO as aggressively as Yang has been playing.Wow, openshoving from the button with an M of ~10????
No. The way Yang has been playing the whole tournament he WOULD call with a K10.... in other news watkinson is all in
After an HOUR on the phone, and 5 different people, CHARTER now confirms that the event is not available"We're very sorry sir that you wo- ""No I'm pissed because it took you an HOUR to figure that out. I kept asking you if it's available!!!!"so.. I'll stop the whiing now. No surprise really. I think other CABLE useres had trouble last year, while I watched on Satellite.
I had the same problem last year except it took about 2.5 hours before they finally told me it was a no go. It was a very irritating day, as I had invited friend over to play cards and watch the broadcast. I had also made a special trip to cox to pick up a digital cable box just so I could order the ppv. I finally ordered it on the computer only to find someone had a miror on FCP. All in all, a great day.