Congratulations Steven Garfinkle ( Viking145)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing to add. I was lucky enought to be there at the Rio and Steven was a crowd favorite and handled his bad luck and his knock out in a classy way. Alot of people would be very angry but he was smiles the whole way. Congrats!

Coyote: thanks for the love, I really appreciate it.I will write up a trip report from beginning to end, but it will take me about a week to recover the energy for it. I have good notes, so the delay should not take any of the drama out.The report will include my one and only big suckout (the last hand of day 1 and it was not for all of my chips) along with my thinking on the last hand (which was also the only time in the tournament that I had all my money in and got called with with the worst of it). In general though, let me say that we played 10 handed for a long time and as things progressed I had to change gears and decide that I was going to chip up or go home. I would have liked a better hand to push with, but there we go.I will also say that there should be some excellent play today at the final table. The final 9 are not uniformly solid (there is one player who played haywire for much of day 6) but there are some phenomenal players in that group. Also, in spite of how it might play out on ESPN I found all of them to be gentlemen in person.If anyone has links to discussions of that last hand, please post them here.Cheers,Steven

• 9 months later...