Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid Poker" Takes Down a Big OneDaniel Negreanu limped in from early position. Action folded around to the big blind who checked his option. The two took a flop heads up...{4-Hearts}{3-Spades}{J-Spades}The big blind bet 3,000 and Negreanu promptly called. The turn brought the {9-Clubs}. The big blind bet 10,000 and again, Negreanu looked him up. The river came the {6-Clubs}. Without hesitation, the big blind pushed out 20,000 chips. Daniel took his time, at one point saying "Why does that scare me so much? (as he pointed to the {4-Hearts}) Eventually Negreanu made the call. The big blind turned over {J-Diamonds}{9-Hearts} but Daniel had that beat holding the {3-Hearts}{3-Clubs}. Negreanu is now a force with 95,000.Shiipppppppppppppppp

Is it even possible for someone to flop this many sets in one day? Keep it up DN
Hopefully variance doesn't even out DURING the rest of the tournament. Please God give DN the Jamie Gold rush for 1 week... zomg! Would that put DN over 20 Mil in tourney earnings? I think so.I'm getting to far ahead of myself. :club:
When does the night end?
Probably about 2 hours from now

QUOTE(ObeyTheDog @ Monday, July 9th, 2007, 2:20 PM) John Racener Slow Plays Quad JacksThere was 4,000 in the pot and was on the board. The came on the river and a player bet out 6,000, John Racener called. Racener turned over JJ for quads, his opponent mucked his cards and Racener moved up to 46,250.Something is very, very wrong with this update.Reminds me of this play from Poker After Dark by Tilly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoy5J58aJFE ... Racener must have thought the guy had a straight flush...lol!!

QUOTE(ObeyTheDog @ Monday, July 9th, 2007, 2:20 PM) John Racener Slow Plays Quad JacksThere was 4,000 in the pot and was on the board. The came on the river and a player bet out 6,000, John Racener called. Racener turned over JJ for quads, his opponent mucked his cards and Racener moved up to 46,250.Something is very, very wrong with this update.Reminds me of this play from Poker After Dark by Tilly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoy5J58aJFE ... Racener must have thought the guy had a straight flush...lol!!
I thought you had pocket kings? OMG! That is the first time I've seen that.

This is from Bluff:34 minutes ago"Kid Poker" Takes Down a Big OneDaniel Negreanu limped in from early position. Action folded around to the big blind who checked his option. The two took a flop heads up 4h 3s Js The big blind bet 3,000 and Negreanu promptly called. The turn brought the 9c. The big blind bet 10,000 and again, Negreanu looked him up. The river came the 6c. Without hesitation, the big blind pushed out 20,000 chips. Daniel took his time, at one point saying "Why does that scare me so much? (as he pointed to the 4h ) Eventually Negreanu made the call. The big blind turned over Jd 9h but Daniel had that beat holding the 3h 3c. Negreanu is now a force with 95,000.edit: sorry for the repost : (

Looshle = 94k
Woooooooooooooooooooooo! Go loosh!I'm totally out of the loop on the first three days - PMJ you're still in? What about Hoosier and prtypsux?

Ok well I discovered on my own that JC is out and Hoos has a nice stack for day 2. PMJ in?I feel like we need another thread for fcpers (not Daniel) playing in the ME.

Risin' up, back on the streetDid my time, took my chancesWent the distance, now I'm back on my feetJust a man and his will to surviveSo many times, it happens too fastYou change your passion for gloryDon't lose your grip on the dreams of the pastYou must fight just to keep them aliveChorus:It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fightRisin' up to the challenge of our rivalAnd the last known survivor stalks his prey in the nightAnd he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tigerFace to face, out in the heatHangin' tough, stayin' hungryThey stack the odds 'til we take to the streetFor we kill with the skill to survivechorusRisin' up, straight to the topHave the guts, got the gloryWent the distance, now I'm not gonna stopJust a man and his will to survivechorusThe eye of the tiger (repeats out)...