$10 rebuyFold, call? No major read on villain, he seems to be fairly tight since the rebuy ended, protecting his stack or else he's just card dead. Folding leaves me with about 7.5k. Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t100/t200(Ante: t25)9 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t8181UTG+1: t7375Hero: t11915MP2: t18812MP3: t19015CO: t7385Button: t9560SB: t18055BB: t10225Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with Q :club: Q :D2 folds, Hero raises to t600, MP2 calls t600 (pot was t1125), MP3 raises to t1400, 4 folds, Hero raises to t4400, MP2 folds, MP3 raises all-in t18990,

I haven't worked out your odds, I'm sure they are pretty good but I think it's a fold. We are praying for AK here. I fold and leave myself a managable stack > 30BB's.

Fold.For the record, it's a 5-bet all in and not a 4-bet. 5-bet all in is basically never JJ and lower, so you're praying he has AK. This is a really bad spot because I don't think we're deep enough to control the pot and play a flop, but we're deep enough where 4-betting with QQ is a little spewy because we have to fold if he shoves.

I'd just call his raise because AA/KK has us crushed and AK is a coin flip.I dont really like getting my money in when I'm at best in a coin flip and the other times I'm crushed. I also dont like folding such a good hand. So I call.By calling the preflop reraise it gives you several ways of winning the hand, which are: - his AK doesnt improve and you have the best hand - you hit 1 of your 2 outs and crack his AA/KK - or you bluff him off the hand

I'd just call his raise because AA/KK has us crushed and AK is a coin flip.I dont really like getting my money in when I'm at best in a coin flip and the other times I'm crushed. I also dont like folding such a good hand. So I call.By calling the preflop reraise it gives you several ways of winning the hand, which are: - his AK doesnt improve and you have the best hand - you hit 1 of your 2 outs and crack his AA/KK - or you bluff him off the hand
I fold here. By calling his preflop raise we relegate ourselves to playing this hand oop. If we assume he has AA/KK/AK by his initial reraise do we check fold any non Q flop? Or do we lead any non A non K flop to try and bluff at this oop? That would be a huge mistake we need to figure out whats what preflop and go from there.

I don't think you can include JJ in the range, and AQ is very rare.I think AK usually reraises more preflop, so you can discount that a fair amount.It's close, but I think it's a fold. Very close though. With blinds at 150/300 or higher I think it would be a call but you still have a very playable stack after a fold.

fold instantly, there's too much action for queens to be good here

Didnt TJ Cloutier say the 4th raise is always aces?
TJ Cloutier also says "if it is folded to you on the button with 9 :club: 8 :D you have to fold"Exact quote from one of his books.

As played, fold.Typically in this spot I would be super worried about the fact that his repop is so small (800 more). While it does seem like lately that small repops are becoming a little more popular with weaker hands, it still does seem strongly weighted towards JJ+, AK being the most prevalent hands in the range.So the question becomes what to do if we flat preflop. With 3300 in the pot, I probably lead for 2k on any non AKQ flop and then fold to pressure-you lose less chips this way than testing him preflop, and it allows you to avoid getting shoved on preflop by AK and having to fold. The only problem with this line is that it totally telegraphs your hand-I've seen this line from several players who I know are very good and almost every single time they have TT, JJ, or QQ. It's a move I'd use on a tight player who you know isn't going to make a monster move without cards, but not a move I'd make on a psycho like Grinder.

So the question becomes what to do if we flat preflop. With 3300 in the pot, I probably lead for 2k on any non AKQ flop and then fold to pressure-you lose less chips this way than testing him preflop, and it allows you to avoid getting shoved on preflop by AK and having to fold. The only problem with this line is that it totally telegraphs your hand-I've seen this line from several players who I know are very good and almost every single time they have TT, JJ, or QQ. It's a move I'd use on a tight player who you know isn't going to make a monster move without cards, but not a move I'd make on a psycho like Grinder.
Great analysis, thanks. I think the reason that i repopped PF is largely because I didn't want to play a flop OOP here - I think too often I'm gonna go broke on a 553 flop there, and I knew I could get away from it PF. Your line is better though.
As played, fold.Typically in this spot I would be super worried about the fact that his repop is so small (800 more). While it does seem like lately that small repops are becoming a little more popular with weaker hands, it still does seem strongly weighted towards JJ+, AK being the most prevalent hands in the range.So the question becomes what to do if we flat preflop. With 3300 in the pot, I probably lead for 2k on any non AKQ flop and then fold to pressure-you lose less chips this way than testing him preflop, and it allows you to avoid getting shoved on preflop by AK and having to fold. The only problem with this line is that it totally telegraphs your hand-I've seen this line from several players who I know are very good and almost every single time they have TT, JJ, or QQ. It's a move I'd use on a tight player who you know isn't going to make a monster move without cards, but not a move I'd make on a psycho like Grinder.
I heard GrinderMJ can hear and smell weakness.