I have been playing borderline extreme LAG as of late. Raise with basically anything worth playing and a 75% pot sized continuation bet. I was wondering what your opinions would be on checking the flop when you catch your hand and you don't think anyone else connected at all. I was wondering if I was losing much value by continuing with LAG in this situation.Example:Short handed game.Hero is UTG with 1010Hero raises 3xbb, UTG+1 calls, folds to BB, BB calls.Flop: 4 :club: 8 :D 10 :spade:A continuation bet here would probably take the pot down now. Would you consider a check? I rarely check the flop when I lead preflop. The range of my flop bets can be complete air, the nuts, or anything in between. Because of this, wouldn't a check send off warning signals to any reasonable player that I have a monster? I probably won't win much more of a pot anyways. Would you risk some weird straight connecting on the turn or river with a check? Or just continue with the LAG and take down another small pot?Oh and another thing, The 75% continuation bet. Someone recently told me I am betting too much. They said a 50% bet has basically the same effect and saves chips when you miss. Your thoughts??

I have been playing borderline extreme LAG as of late. Raise with basically anything worth playing and a 75% pot sized continuation bet. I was wondering what your opinions would be on checking the flop when you catch your hand and you don't think anyone else connected at all. I was wondering if I was losing much value by continuing with LAG in this situation.Example:Short handed game.Hero is UTG with 1010Hero raises 3xbb, UTG+1 calls, folds to BB, BB calls.Flop: 4 :club: 8 :D 10 :spade:A continuation bet here would probably take the pot down now. Would you consider a check? I rarely check the flop when I lead preflop. The range of my flop bets can be complete air, the nuts, or anything in between. Because of this, wouldn't a check send off warning signals to any reasonable player that I have a monster? I probably won't win much more of a pot anyways. Would you risk some weird straight connecting on the turn or river with a check? Or just continue with the LAG and take down another small pot?Oh and another thing, The 75% continuation bet. Someone recently told me I am betting too much. They said a 50% bet has basically the same effect and saves chips when you miss. Your thoughts??
I like betting the flop when you hit your set. They might think you missed the flop with 2 big cards and will raise you. If you had AK you would still C-bet that flop.If you had an overpair, you would still C-bet.Checking seems suspicious so I like betting.I like 60% myself.
here is the deal, if nobody has anything at all, you aren't going to win a big pot, are they going to bluff allin against you? (that is really rare) also now what hand is going to catch up enough for you to win your big pot. More often than not it is going to be a hidden straight. you really should only slowplay in position in my opinion, unless you are against some real lagtards.You have been leading out everything so why would waste a chance to get a bet in when you yourself admitted that your range is any two cards, just put a bet out, if nobody has anything that is part of poker and move on.PS and nothing tilts me more than not getting action on my big hands

If you're playing laggy and you're always betting, you should be betting your monsters 120% of the time since you'd bet any other hand here as well. Let them guess if their pair of 8s is good here or not.

I just wanted to give my thoughts on the c bet size. I think your thinking about it the wrong way. Instead of always making your c bets either 75% or 50% of the pot, make your c bet size based on the flop. Not your hand but the flop. If the flop comes something like 10h9h3s you should c bet 2/3 to the whole pot. This flop is very drawy so you need to bet more to discourage a call. If your default c bet is 50% of the pot then when you have a AA on this flop you would have to bet 50% of the pot allowing draws to call. But if you c bet larger on flops like this you can also protect your big hands. On the other hand if the flop is Ac2s8d you dont need to cbet as much because there is not much that will call you. So make you flop bets based on the flop, not by some default amount. Anyone else agree? Thoughts, coments, critizisim?

If he always bets the flop regardless of his cards, bet that flop too. You have to. That being said, you shouldnt be continuation betting every time you raise. Never allows for a check raise and a check on occasion may have someone getting brave betting into your position. Then its yum yum time when you have a hand like this.

If you're playing laggy and you're always betting, you should be betting your monsters 120% of the time since you'd bet any other hand here as well. Let them guess if their pair of 8s is good here or not.
The whole LAG philosophy is to crush someone when we hit.
I just wanted to give my thoughts on the c bet size. I think your thinking about it the wrong way. Instead of always making your c bets either 75% or 50% of the pot, make your c bet size based on the flop. Not your hand but the flop. If the flop comes something like 10h9h3s you should c bet 2/3 to the whole pot. This flop is very drawy so you need to bet more to discourage a call. If your default c bet is 50% of the pot then when you have a AA on this flop you would have to bet 50% of the pot allowing draws to call. But if you c bet larger on flops like this you can also protect your big hands. On the other hand if the flop is Ac2s8d you dont need to cbet as much because there is not much that will call you. So make you flop bets based on the flop, not by some default amount. Anyone else agree? Thoughts, coments, critizisim?
Nice first post. I agree that we should be c betting this flop almost always. It has numerous draws.C-bets depend on villians also. Plenty of aggro villians love reraising 1/3 or 1/2 pot c-bets, interpreting them for weakness, so keep that in mind and adjust accordingly.

That all sounds about right. Thanks for the input. I was curious after not getting any action what so ever on my last 10 sets or so.

C-bets depend on villians also. Plenty of aggro villians love reraising 1/3 or 1/2 pot c-bets, interpreting them for weakness, so keep that in mind and adjust accordingly.
I like the idea of changing bet size depending on the flop. I understand where you are coming from. I just keep thinking the weaker bets will be viewed as weakness and get raised like Lavitz said. I know I raise those bets often. Then again, if I know they are the aggro type I could always just reraise them back.Good thoughts on tailoring the c-bet size to the opponents. I always do that with the turn & river bets. I've always did the c-bet the same so no one could find any sort of pattern on me at that point in the hand since most of the time I am betting air. I may give it a try and see how it works out for me.