$500 br, trying to get it to 2k. currently playing .25/.50, $10-20 sng (1 table and HU), and $5.50 mtt/tourneys, look like a winning formula? So far, the .25/.50 are treating me nicely and i feel like i can handle it

.25/.50 what?NL? You don't have enough.Limit? You have more than enough.There's no winning formula.

rakeback and bonuses are your friends. you could be a slightly losing player and turn $500 into $2000 in 3 months playing part time if you whored aggressively.

its a good job the cash games are being kind to you at the moment because the minute they aren't your in trouble, You have enough to play 0.10/0.25 no limit but I wouldn't recommend higher.

With a BR of 20 stick with .10 .25 NLHE cash games, stay away from sngs as they are more luck based then cash. Once you hit 1k then you can play .25 .50. Seems like its a long time away but if your not able to manage that little bit what makes you think you would be able to manage getting to 2k

With a BR of 20 stick with .10 .25 NLHE cash games, stay away from sngs as they are more luck based then cash. Once you hit 1k then you can play .25 .50. Seems like its a long time away but if your not able to manage that little bit what makes you think you would be able to manage getting to 2k
Please explain that...I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way either, i'm really confused by that statement
Please explain that...I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way either, i'm really confused by that statement
I wouldn't worry about that.They are both extremely beatable. But they are different games. Don't compare them.Play what you prefer, or what you've found to yield a better hourly rate, if that's what you're going for.
with SnG you need a series of good luck and play to cash.In cash games you get rewarded more regularly for good play.In both cases you should make money if you make more (wieghted by $$$ involved) correct decisions than your opponents

With 500, id be playing 10$sngs-20$sngs. If you are good at the turbo versions, then play those. Rolled for 25NL, but you can take shots at .25/50, as long as you are willing to move down if it doesnt go well.