I Just Can't Win On Pokerstars

On FCP, I was a pretty consistent winner, and every month in the last 8 months was a "plus".Since moving to PokerStars, I just can't get a winning session.In the last 2 days:I've flopped the nut straight twice, got all the money in and the other guy had the same exact cards for the split.I flopped a flush with 6-4 hearts. Flop comes A-Q-9 hearts. We get all the money in. Other guy has 5-3 hearts. Turn is 8h. River is 7h, to have the board play. Another split.Twice, I have A-K. Flop comes with an Ace. We get all the money in. The other guy also has A-K, but hits runner, runner flush.In .50/1, I have pocket Aces. Guy who raises every single hand raises it up to $3.50. I reraise to $15. He calls. Flop comes A-J-6 (one club) to give me a set. I push all in for $18 more. He calls with 6-8 clubs. Of course he hits runner, runner flush. I know we want idiots like this to call most of the time, but this is ridiculous.This is all within 2 days.I know...this should probably be in the bad beat section.I'm just getting so frustrated because I'm usually a good player, but just can't get a win.I don't understand these young guys who are playing high limits online. My bankroll is okay, but it just stays in one place. It's up and down, and even more up than down, but it just a slow grind. How are these guys winning thousands a week and keep going up and up. And where did they get the money to begin with? It's just so freakin' frustrating.

You should search for Actuary's thread about this subject.Seriously , i have no logical explanation for this but i can't win on pokerstars either.

You should search for Actuary's thread about this subject.Seriously , i have no logical explanation for this but i can't win on pokerstars either.
I searched but couldn't find anything.
I searched but couldn't find anything.
I think title was "i can't win on pokerstars" it was a pretty long and fun thread since noone expected that from Actuary.

my sharkscope on stars looks verrrrrrrrry different from what it would be if they tracked ap/ ub sng's.

My sharkscope stats on FT: SBriand 138 -$1 $3 -24% -$88 on PSSBriand 233 $2 $3 45% $557 I like PS.
Oh wait...are we bragging about Sharkscope? :club: FT 164 $13 $46 46% $2,078Stars 65 $11 $40 80% $737

Its different there because its different players.example.on Poker stars, you might play 1/2 NL. and at 1/2 NL on PS you might have 50% donkeys and 50% good players on a site of 20,000 players a day on average But maybe only 20% of those donkeys are really god awful, spread across 25 1/2 tablesnow lets say on FCP you have 60% good players and 40% donkeys on a site of 5000 players on average, but that full 40% is trully donkeyish spread across 5 1/2 tables.. meaning u seem to be playing worse players more often since table selection is limited.

Oh wait...are we bragging about Sharkscope? :D FT 164 $13 $46 46% $2,078Stars 65 $11 $40 80% $737
LOL, I don't think I had any stats to really brag about though! :club:

for some reason on cash games i do really well at FT but terrible at stars. now i only play tournys on stars and play all my cash games on tilt. :club:

I forgot to add that whenever I'm about done playing and decide to play once more around to my blinds, I will unclick the "auto post blinds" button. When it gets around to my last hand, I always get a great hand. But that hand never wins.Example:Last hand of the night. I started the game with $30 and have been up and down and am back at $28, so basically even.I get dealt K-Q. Blinds are .25./.50. I raise it up to $2 and get 1 caller. Flop comes K-Q-5. I am not going to slow play it, so I bet out $4. Other guy raises to $12. I push all in. Guy flips over A-K, and I'm dominating with my 2 pair. Of course you know he hits the Ace for a higher 2 pair.The Poker Gods always give me a great hand on my last hand, only to lose. They don't want me taking money off the table.

Just wait it out till you come out the other side of this run and pokerstars is throwing cash at you.

I get dealt K-Q. Blinds are .25./.50. I raise it up to $2 and get 1 caller. Flop comes K-Q-5. I am not going to slow play it, so I bet out $4. Other guy raises to $12. I push all in. Guy flips over A-K, and I'm dominating with my 2 pair. Of course you know he hits the Ace for a higher 2 pair.The Poker Gods always give me a great hand on my last hand, only to lose. They don't want me taking money off the table.
...since when is KQ UTG a great hand?
Well, in and of itself it is not "great", but it is definitely a raising hand (especially since it was suited) in 6-handed play. Where it became "great" is when I flopped top 2 pair. Maybe read posts twice before commenting.
if suited and six man tableA top 10 hand is not great?I guess it is at least pretty good
Just wait it out till you come out the other side of this run and pokerstars is throwing cash at you.
Still waiting.Today, in the span of less than 4 hours, I had Aces cracked 3 times. I always raised and never slow played. Once a guy had QQ and the board came 7-8-9-10-J. The other two times the other person had a lower pair and flopped a set.In addition to the above mentioned flopped sets, 4 times I either flopped 2 pair or caught it on the turn and another person flopped or turned a set. And once I flopped a straight and the other guy had the same cards for the split.Also, I saw at least 3 other times where the best hand got beat by runner-runner straight.Still waiting...
Still waiting.Today, in the span of less than 4 hours, I had Aces cracked 3 times. I always raised and never slow played. Once a guy had QQ and the board came 7-8-9-10-J. The other two times the other person had a lower pair and flopped a set.In addition to the above mentioned flopped sets, 4 times I either flopped 2 pair or caught it on the turn and another person flopped or turned a set. And once I flopped a straight and the other guy had the same cards for the split.Also, I saw at least 3 other times where the best hand got beat by runner-runner straight.Still waiting...
Okay...so it's been 12 days since my last post (and I was out of town for 5 days and didn't play).In that time I have had:A-A eight (8) times. Of those, they were busted 6 times (none of which were slow played), and 3 of those busts were by the other guy having Q-Q and boarding a set.Flopped the nut straight 3 times and was turned and/or rivered with higher straight, or flush.Flopped a full house once and was outdrawn by a higher full house.Made my straight on the turn 2 times and outdrawn on the river to a flush.This is just a sick, sick run. I have not have a losing month in a long time, but on PS just can't win a single session.Still waiting on it to turn around...
>On FCP, I was a pretty consistent winner, and every month in the last 8 months was a "plus".>Since moving to PokerStars, I just can't get a winning session.I'm sorry for you, but there are people making money there. I'm one. But then I don't play ring and I don't play Hold'em - well hardly ever.I made several thousand dollars last year playing stud tourneys and stud s/g's at PS. Sadly, stud seems to be dying out and they don't attract a quarter of the entries now.